ABC Disney Page Swap

What size would you like for the book?

• 1 8 by 8 page

• 2 8 by 8 pages

• 1 12 by 12 pages

Results are only viewable after voting.
can someone please link me to the rules for this swap, so i can better understand what is expected of me?

can someone please link me to the rules for this swap, so i can better understand what is expected of me?

There aren't any rules posted yet, but basically what is going to happen is:

Each person is responsible for two letters (hopefully the two that you pick are available, and if not, the two that you get, you want!).

Each letter must have its own page. So that's two pages. You must then make 12 more of each page, so each letter then has 13 pages that look exactly the same, a total of 26 pages. (Ex. - you pick A & C, so you make 13 A pages that look exactly the same, and 13 C pages that look exactly the same.)

You must pick a word for each page, and run it by the people on the board first. So say you're thinking of "Chocolate" for C. People are going to say "ehhh, we don't really eat that much chocolate.. what about 'Characters'?" And you can either go "Oh yeah, that works!" Or suggest something else, and it repeats.

You must also make the letter for the page stand out in some way, using a sticker, or a special font, or make it a box-tag using the Cricut, etc. (This really comes in handy for X, because there aren't many things that start with X, so people do things like eXtra magic hours.)

The pages have to be completed, so all they need is photos & journaling. It's up to the hostess (rlovew) as to what she's going to require, but expect something along the lines of:
1 Title, shadowed, double-matted, embellished, etc. (this is where the letter that stands out goes)
1-2 space(s) for 4x6 photo(s), double matted & embellished
1 space for journaling, at least 3x3, hidden or not, embellished.
And usually one more fancy thing, like a sticker, layered cut thing, shaker box, quote, etc.

Oh, and no hand-lettering!!! :laughing:

If I've forgotten anything or gotten anything wrong, someone just let me know!

That about it- I am normally prettyopen to whtever photo sizes you want to do on the 12 by 12's- you can do a large one and a small or 2 4x6, or 3-4 smaller ones.

I will probably have a list of possiblities for each letter to keep them fairly general, so anyone can use them.

Rebecca

awesome, just like i have swapped before, so i can definitely fold in pretty easily

i cant wait for the signups :)

This is an awesome swap thats why I voted 12 x 12 bc I have 5 trips and a Disney Wedding and Honeymoon to Scrap... you can say im a little behind :rotfl2:

I cant wait for the signs ups and the final choice list!

This sign-up will start around 9am ESR on May 5th. I hope to post the list of ABC choices for the full pages here sometime this weekend.

Rebecca

This sign-up will start around 9am ESR on May 5th. I hope to post the list of ABC choices for the full pages here sometime this weekend.

Rebecca

I'm so excited! Thank you Rebecca. Quick question: is the list going to be exhaustive, or can we suggest other general things/phrases if we think of them?

By the way, I was looking at some old swap things at TinkerBean's house, and I love the pages you made - I really liked the Animal Kingdom ones!

Okay- Here is the list from what I have seen- while it is set for Disneyworld (specifically 3 of the pages) most of it would work for either park. For the elements I am going to say to use what you would like (let us know so we don't have too many repeats as long as it is nothing too specific- marie from the aristocats is too specific- it needs to be something anyone would find on vacation without trying too hard).

Here is my tentative list for the pages- in blue are set to make it WDW specific but the others I am open to changing.

A: Animal Kingdom
B: Be Our Guest, Believe, Buses
C: Characters- Tinkerbean
D: Dining, Downtown Disney, Dreams Come True
E: Epcot
F: Fireworks, Food
G: Gift Shops, Goofin’ Around
H: Hollywood Studios
I: Ice Cream, Imagination
J: Just Imagine, Joking Around,
K: Keys to the Kingdom(world), Kodak Moment, Keepsakes
L: Lines, Laughter, Love, Luggage, Little Touches
M: Magic Kingdom
N: Nighttime, Night and Day
O: Once upon a Time, Only in Disney
P: Parade, Photopass
Q: Queues, Quiet Times
R: Room, Restaurants
S: Shows, Shopping, Snacks, Souviners (sp?)
T: Transportation, Tickets
U: Us, Unbelievable, Useful Information
V: Vacation
W: World Showcase
X: Xtra-Special, piXie dust, eXcellent
Y: Yummy, Yippee!, You
Z: ZZZ’s, Zoom with Fastpass

When people sign up I will ask them to choose specifically which one they want- so we don't end up with 4-5 concentrating on food.

Rebecca

Just a reminder that this is the swap that will have a 3 (or more) group for pages for the WDW theme parks.

Rebecca

so can i please ask a couple of ?'s first???

did we decide if it's 12x12 or not?
and
are we going to do it like the last abc books. that each person picks 2 letters and we make 13 pages for each letter and we get the whole alpha back?
and can we use a word not on the list?

so can i please ask a couple of ?'s first???

did we decide if it's 12x12 or not? they will be 12 by 12
and
are we going to do it like the last abc books. that each person picks 2 letters and we make 13 pages for each letter and we get the whole alpha back?yes- you will pick 2 letters and make 13 of each
and can we use a word not on the list?

you can use a general word that is not on the list other than the ones for each of the places- I want to keep in Epcot, ect. The elements are totally your choice other than also being general. Since we have character swaps and some people don't do much with characters I was leaving them out more this time.

Rebecca

I am definitely in for 12 X 12 .

I like the idea of no characters this time....I have so many form the 3- 8 by 8s from last time.

Personally, I would ,like to cover words that weren't used last time, if possible.

I like the idea of no characters this time....I have so many form the 3- 8 by 8s from last time.

Personally, I would ,like to cover words that weren't used last time, if possible.

I made up the list to be fairly generic while still focusing on DisneyWorld. I wasn't in and did not look at the last one when making up the list. I don't want things to be for specific areas that everyone might not go to. There are enough people interested in this that didn't do it last time that I am not going to specifically say words from last time won't be used.

Rebecca

I made up the list to be fairly generic while still focusing on DisneyWorld. I wasn't in and did not look at the last one when making up the list. I don't want things to be for specific areas that everyone might not go to. There are enough people interested in this that didn't do it last time that I am not going to specifically say words from last time won't be used.

Rebecca

I did not expect or need a response, merely stating my opinion. It is your swap and you are free to do what you won't to in it just as people are free to join or not to join.

Hmmm...this is a good point Susie. Since I have 5 sets from last time, it would be nearly impossible for me to have a "new" set unless I made up the list myself. I think I will sit this one out. Rebecca, if you need me to fill in, please let me know.

OT: Last night I finished getting all 3 page sets from last year into the albums, all the photos & journaling are done. I just have to complete the keepsakes layout and your fabulous pressed pennies pages!:cool1:

I just looked at last years (pages only), I know there have been at least 3 element swaps also- of which I have been involved in 2.

From last years pages with my list:
9 would definatley not be the same (8 because of the list and 1 from my choice of pages)
5 would be the same as at least 1 of the books (characters - tinkerbean has stuff for this already, and all the choices for G, I, T and V were in one of the books)
12 would have the possibility of being the same depending on the word/phrase chosen by the letter holder.
Keep in mind that is from my list only and not from anything general someone might rather choose.

Rebecca

Alright, so I spent some time tonight (as I'm done school and therefore have no idea what to do with all my free time since I only work three days a week) looking at three lists (rlovew's, mine, and BAMB's from her past collection of them), and consolidating it into fairly general things and some phrases that can just be nonsense and be creative. I don't know what has been used before, but I think I'll go through and make them a special color or something if I have some time.

Rlovew, are you set on keeping the four parks + World Showcase in there, or are they swappable with other words? Or are the parks going to be a separate sub-group within the alphabet swap? I didn't quite understand. :confused: And if you think anything is too specific, just say so, and I'll take it off. I just wanted to give people as many options as possible. :upsidedow

A: ANIMAL KINGDOM

B: Be Our Guest, Being Together, Believe, Believe in Magic, Best Day, Best Friends, Bippity Boppity Boo, Bus(es)

C: CHARACTERS

D: Dining, Disney (insert whatever here), Disney Days (or should that be Daze? :lmao:), Doing It Again, Dreams (Do) Come True

E: EPCOT

F: Fastpass, Fireworks, Food, Fountains, Friends, Fun

G: Getting There, Gift Shops, Going All Day, Good Times, Goofin' Around, Guests of Honor

H: HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

I: IceCream, Imagine, Imagination, Incredible Moments, Innocent

J: Joking Around, Journey, Just Imagine

K: Keeping Up, Keepsakes, Keys, Keys to the World, Kickin’ Back, Kodak Moment

L: Laughter, Lazy Times, Leave a Legacy, Let’s Go, Lines, Little Touches, Love, Luggage, Lunch

M: MAGIC KINGDOM,

N: Need For Speed, Need More Time, Neverending Fun, Nice, Night & Day, Nighttime, Now What?

O: Oh Boy!!, Oh My!, On the Road Again, Once Upon A Time, Only in Disney, Oops!

P: Parade, Passport to Fun, Photo Time, Photopass, Pool, Pressed Pennies

Q: Queue, Quiet Time, Quite Magical

R: Remember (the Magic), Reservations, Resort, Restaurants, Rides, Room (with a View is what was used in '07)

S: Shopping, Shows, Showing Off, Slow Down, Snacks, Sunshine, Strike a Pose!, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, Swimming

T: Ticket (s/to Fun), Tired, Transportation

U: Unbelievable, Unique, Unlocking the Magic, Us, Useful Information

V: Vacation, Vacation Favorites, Very (insert word here), Visiting

W: WORLD SHOWCASE

X: piXie Dust, eXcellent, eXcited, eXtra Magic Hours, eXtra Special, X Marks The Spot

Y: Yippee!, Yo-Ho Yo-Ho, You, Yummy

Z: Zany, Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, Zoom (with Fastpass), Zzz

2008 elements
If they're more than one color, the word was used in multiple years.
I only looked at past three full page swaps that I could find in the swap photo gallery, as well as the 2008 elements swaps.

I think, if anything, the ones that could be repeated would be the elements swap and the ones that were only from 2006. Maybe?

Alright, so I spent some time tonight (as I'm done school and therefore have no idea what to do with all my free time since I only work three days a week) looking at three lists (rlovew's, mine, and BAMB's from her past collection of them), and consolidating it into fairly general things and some phrases that can just be nonsense and be creative. I don't know what has been used before, but I think I'll go through and make them a special color or something if I have some time.

Rlovew, are you set on keeping the four parks + World Showcase in there, or are they swappable with other words? Or are the parks going to be a separate sub-group within the alphabet swap? I didn't quite understand. :confused: And if you think anything is too specific, just say so, and I'll take it off. I just wanted to give people as many options as possible. :upsidedow

Thanks for looking at all of these things. The swap mentioned above is actaully the 2008 page swap - I looked at the sign-up thread this afternoon but I am not sure where the completed pages are all located(as far as pictures are concerned.

I really would like to use the 4 parks and the World Showcase and leave just the C for characters (not use them for other letters). I would also like to include pages that deal with each of these things (but they don't have to begin with the specific letter- it could be a variation on it: food, accomidations, shoppping/purchases, transportation, and family. I like some general phrases but I also want it to be useable to document a majority of a vacation to the world.

The other thing is there is a secondary part to this swap (since a different swap was cancelled) which is the Disney page swap- it will have groups for pages from each theme park as well as general Disney page groups. These will be groups of 4 not larger and you don't have to be in either to be in the other.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter