A trivia game thread with a prize

Raulandpinboy

<font color=blue>Table-dancing auctioneer<br><font
I just had a cool idea for a game thread; it may work or burn in the flames, but lets see how good we all are. I want to see who can ask a question about Walt Disney World that cannot be answered by the Disneyana trained minds on these boards.

Now I do mean real questions with answers like what is the underground network of tunnels at Disney called, not off the wall questions like how many tree’s are in Ft Wilderness. Keep it somewhat real life.

The one that guesses correctly gets to ask the next question the one person that asks the question that cannot be answered wins a pin. I'll need the brains to confirm or argue that the answer is correct or not (no problem there with this crowd)

I’ll donate the pin, the winner gets their choice of any one pin available at Disney even one that’s due to come out in the near future if they so request it.

I’ll start it out

What recent (a few years ago not like 1970’s though) Disney resort was opened but had two grand opening date, and what are the dates.

The Disney Village Resort opened in 1972, It was then changed in focus and became the Disney Institute, which opened on Feb 9, 1996.

I think there is another option to this answer as well....

The Golf Resort opened in 1972 (renamed the Disney Inn in 1986). Then purchased by the government, and reopened in 1994 as Shades of Green.

Was wondering also if they did a grand opening thing when Port Orleans and Dixie Landings became one?

Originally posted by YenSid1222
The Golf Resort opened in 1972 (renamed the Disney Inn in 1986). Then purchased by the government, and reopened in 1994 as Shades of Green.

Actually, the government has a 99 year lease for this site.

Dude,
Flames...Just what I like!!!!!

Engr-Chas
Lord of the IVII

Was the question answered correctly? If so, what is the next question?

I'm going to go with the Port Orleans Resort, which originally opened on May 17, 1991 and reopened on May 31, 2002 as Port Orleans-French Quarter.
But for some reason, I don't think that's what Ed is looking for!

Okay then, it must be the Animal Kingdom Lodge!
It had a soft opening on April 3, 2001 and its official opening on April 16, 2001.
What do you say, Ed?

Can we get a little more specific on this question!!!!????

There are so many things that could fall into this as answers...

You could say any of the All-Stars...they opened one building at a time, and had a little ceremony for each.

Then there is the Port Orleans opening...merger...closing...reopening. Not to mention how Dixie Landings had its name change.

And to support my Shades of Green comment...it is actually OWNED by the government now. There was a huge deal going on with Disney kissing some government youknowwhat. It was originally leased to them on February 1, 1994. Then it was purchased (for a song I might add) by them on January 12, 1996.

Then we could add in Caribbean Beach Resort. It was opened in 1988, then was shut down about a year ago, only to be reopened a few months ago after a new dining facility was built.

The Disney Village Resort definately experienced this, as anyone who watched that video during the 25th anniversary (the same one with Mickey, a crystal ball, and a commercial for the new Cruise Line that had the little jingle where a lady sang "'cross the sea....." and it would be stuck in your head all day...anyway). The video showed the new Disney Institute..and they had a big opening for it as well.

We could think along the lines of Wilderness Lodge, where the main hotel opened, then they added the DVC Villas, and opened them as well. But if that is the case, the same would apply to the Boardwalk Resort and its Villas.

Or are we considering Yacht and Beach a single resort with an opening for both the Yacht and then the Beach?

Actually now that I think of it...the Contemporary has two GRAND OPENINGS...one at each end that allows a monorail to pass in it. I think a monorail is pretty grand, don't you?

Sheesh...I am confused.

:confused:

Help me Eddie-wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

I was looking for Thw Wilderness Lodge which had its grand opened May 28th 1994, then again on Nov 15, 2000 when they added the villas.

Okay kids its out of my hands now Scott has ask a question if nobody can answer it he wins... So Scott monitor the thread if you please.

Se la vi (is that right)?

Ed, I think we need to work on your French there. But thats another thread on an entirely different board.

OK....what to ask, what to ask....

Lets make it a COASTER question, so that you know its still me here.

Disney's RocknRollerCoaster. It was built by a major coaster manufacturer that makes coasters like ford makes cars...pretty much an assembly line. So, of course that means that the WDW coaster is not one of a kind (we are talking the coaster itself, not the theming). The question then is...What is the name of the company, how many of this exact type of coaster have been built, and what is the name of the parks that they are located in? (a three parter there)

Good Luck!

The answers are...
What is the name of the company? = Vekoma
How many of this exact type of coaster have been built? = 3
What is the name of the parks that they are located in? = WDW, DLP, Six Flags Holland

the parks would be Disney MGM Studios and Disney Studios Paris....

But YEAH....

Your turn now!

Originally posted by YenSid1222
And to support my Shades of Green comment...it is actually OWNED by the government now. There was a huge deal going on with Disney kissing some government youknowwhat. It was originally leased to them on February 1, 1994. Then it was purchased (for a song I might add) by them on January 12, 1996.

Actually, I'm somewhat right concerning the Shades of Green. I stated that the government has a 99 year lease for the site. Disney still owns the land, but the Department of the Army purchased the hotel so they could get a loan to renovate the buildings.

the four engines on the Walt Disney World Railroad.

Walter E. Disney
Roger Broggie
Roy O. Disney
and
Lilly Belle

But only the engines...the coaches were fabricated in Tampa...

Which computer animation studio made the film "Its Tough To Be A Bug" (not the feature film "a bug's life", the attraction film) at Disney's Animal Kingdom?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter