A Thank You - Costco/Universal tickets! (long)

piratedeck

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. I am a 2 year lurker! I spend hours reading through the threads, and have always found every bit of info I need.

Just had to share my story....

As we all know, Costco does not sell the Universal tickets any longer. "My" Costco has it as a "deleted item" and the manager wouldn't check inventory of other stores. I sat down by the food court and called a few other local Costco locations to see if they had the tickets. I finally got someone to give me the item number and check stock for ALL stores in Illinois.
2 stores had them!:banana:
I called each store to confirm. Only one could confirm that they were in stock. This store is 40 miles and an hour away (without traffic)from my house.

The woman on the phone said, " Yes, we have 3 day, 2 parks $139.99. Since you are driving this far I just want to be sure you know this ticket MUST be used in 3 consecutive days."
:eek:
I replied, " No, I don't think so. Does it expire in December 2013?"

Employee - "Yes, but if you read the fine print it does say that you have to use it in 3 consecutive days. I had called the number on the back of the ticket for another guest. Universal ticketing told me 3 consecutive days."

Me, "Okay, they must be new tickets. Thank You. Bye."

I sat in my car for a minute. I had 2.5 hours before my son gets home from school.
My thoughts - The DISers have got to be right. These have to be the same tickets. Costco lady must be WRONG!!!

Should I drive an hour each way spending tolls and gas even though the woman was SURE about the tickets? Ridiculous.

So, I drove the hour to get there. They had the tickets. The price sign as well as the cardboard thingy you take to cash register BOTH said it can be used ANY 3 nights before Dec. 2013. It even explains that it is a 56% discount if compared to buying 3 single day admissions.:yay:

So, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

-Jennifer

We bought 5 of those costco tickets and used 1 day at Christmas, and plan to use the other 2 days in 2012. I read the fine print, and there is nothing about expiring 14 days from 1st usage. Even while at Univ., being the paranoid type, I asked the man helping those in line for ticket purchase, annual passes, etc. and he said if it does not say consecutive or expiring in 14days, then it is good for any thru 2013 (just as it says)--of course, it was crowded and he might have just been trying to move me along--- I had read the fine print about the tickets they sell on Univ. website--which clearly spells out the expiration after 14 days. I bought the costco tickets because of the ANY 3 days thru 2013---we would not have bought them otherwise.
I printed the "fine print" with todays date on it for regular tickets and am going to keep it with my Costco tickets--just in case there is any issue next year and I have to say "where's the fine print on this ticket like you have on your other tickets?"
fyi--I was at Guest Services for about 10 minutes while in the park and they seemed pretty reasonable--if these tickets were a "mistake," I'm sure they would recognize it and honor the tickets. I think they pretty much have to, as it says ANY 3 days through 12/31/2013 and there is not other disclaimer or modifier. have fun. Elaine

Oh wow that sounds like a great deal! If you don't mind me asking, which costco did you go to?? Did they have a lot of the tickets left? My brother and I were going to orlando for a few days and thats an awesome price!

Got them in Naperville. They had about 30 left.
I don't know how to post a pic but the back of the paper ticket says in bold caps - VALID ANY 3 DAYS UNTIL 12/31/13

Forgot to mention that they may also have them at Lincoln Park (Chicago) location. Please call to confirm first. I called twice, got a "yes" then "no".

Got them in Naperville. They had about 30 left.
I don't know how to post a pic but the back of the paper ticket says in bold caps - VALID ANY 3 DAYS UNTIL 12/31/13

Forgot to mention that they may also have them at Lincoln Park (Chicago) location. Please call to confirm first. I called twice, got a "yes" then "no".

Thank you soooo much! Lincoln Park is much closer to me than naperville, but I'd drive out to Naperville if they still have them. I'm going to call them later!! Are the tickets located at the service desk?

Have you tried calling the Costco on Orange Blossom Trail as they had them when we called about 3 months ago. They were really helpful on the phone too as we were calling from the UK we really needed to know for sure that they had them.

Whom would and could i Trust to get me 4 Tix's ?

WDW girl-
The tickets are next to other gift cards (restaurants, movies, etc.) usually near books or closer to the front snack aisles. You pay for a big piece of cardboard, then cashier will direct you to someone to hand you the tickets.

WDW girl-
The tickets are next to other gift cards (restaurants, movies, etc.) usually near books or closer to the front snack aisles. You pay for a big piece of cardboard, then cashier will direct you to someone to hand you the tickets.

Thank you!!!! :goodvibes

Just go back from Naperville and they had plenty! Thanks so much - have not seen these forever in my closer Costcos (Melrose Park and Oakbrook Terrace).

It appears these are "VALID ANY 3 DAYS UNTIL 12/31/13" so they don't even expire after 14 days like most other passes. Too cool!

I saw these yesterday at the Costco in Nashville. I was wondering if anyone else had more confirmations that it's definitely any three days?
Not that it matters too much - it's almost the same price as a two day ticket, but I'd love more confirmation if it's to be had!

It would be nice if they sold those tickets in all the Costco stores. We don't have them in the Houston one.

I just bought four tickets at the Costco in Union, NJ, but I called several other ones to see if they had them, and all the Costco's I called had at least 20 tickets in stock. The Union one had 40.

The item number is 528887, and it specifically says both on the ticket and the cardboard display that it can be used for ANY three days before December 31, 2013.

Also, the Costco's in Florida do not seem to carry these tickets. My in-law's live in Naples, and I called several in that area to see if they could purchase them for me and save me the cost of buying a membership, but none of them had the tickets.

I just bought four tickets at the Costco in Union, NJ, but I called several other ones to see if they had them, and all the Costco's I called had at least 20 tickets in stock. The Union one had 40.

The item number is 528887, and it specifically says both on the ticket and the cardboard display that it can be used for ANY three days before December 31, 2013.

Also, the Costco's in Florida do not seem to carry these tickets. My in-law's live in Naples, and I called several in that area to see if they could purchase them for me and save me the cost of buying a membership, but none of them had the tickets.

How much were the tickets in NJ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter