A Simple Guide to Making an Autograph Book

Spiral Binding 65 lb Cardstock

Hi ... Newbie here. Saw examples of the DIY autograph books and everyone's beautiful creations have inspired me to try my hand at making some also!

Can someone please help me? Need your expertise ...

1) Planning on Spiral Binding 65 lb Cardstock into an autograph book.

2) I think the "Maximum" size Spiral Binder size is 30 mm.

3) How many pages of 65 lb Cardstock can I bind if I use the 30 mm Spiral Binder? See NOTE below re: adding photos when we get home. Need to account for the extra thickness caused by photos.

4) NOTE: When book is open, I will use left side for photo & right side for autograph. So ... understand I will need to LEAVE binder space for the extra thickness created by the photos once they are glued in (to be done when we get home after our trip).

5) Therefore, I want to know how many 65 lb cardstock papers I can bind AND still have enough binder room to accommodate photos I add later. Understand that if there are too many pages bound and not enough room is left then the pages will not flip smoothly.

6) Thanks for your help. Apologizing in advance for seeing duplicate of this msg. I'm also going to start a new thread with this question "just in case".

I'm so excited to make this for my daughters first disney trip in Sept. I am not very crafty or computer smart so please help with a few questions.
I don't have a printer to print on card stock so if I want to download the pics and print them as photos do I still need to import into apache ( I don't have word) to create the margins at top for binding? What extension do I save the document as?

Lovely! I have added your link to the first post. :goodvibes

Hi:

I saw the amazing character dining pictures you made and I was wondering if you still make them. we just had a magical disney vacation and I am trying to get our photo book together. We went to Chef Mickey, Cinderella's Royal Table, Hollywood and Vine (doc, Sofia, jake and Handy Manny), Tusker House and Ohana. Any help would be amazing.
Thanks!

I'm so excited to make this for my daughters first disney trip in Sept. I am not very crafty or computer smart so please help with a few questions.
I don't have a printer to print on card stock so if I want to download the pics and print them as photos do I still need to import into apache ( I don't have word) to create the margins at top for binding? What extension do I save the document as?

I don't know about printing as photos (due to smearing) but another option is to download onto a usb drive and take them to an office supply store and have them printed on card stock and bound.

Thank you guys for your response. I finally discovered the meet the disigners board and found the auto covers. Do you think an office store would print disney images? If so that would be great.

I'm trying to work on an autograph book for my girls for our upcoming trip but have hit a few obstacles. My PC just crashed that had all my images I had saved for autograph books I've created for my girls for past trips. My husband has a Mac that I can use but it's very different and I'm having trouble uploading jpeg images into my iPhoto account to print the images as pictures, which is what I did on my PC. I'm able to save into downloads, but can't seem to get it into a file in my photos in order to print as a picture. Does anyone have a Mac that could give me some advice? I also tried using my husband's work computer which is a PC to save an image in a photo file and it saves the whole screen shot of the photobucket page I'm on. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!!!!

Also, how do I download/save autograph cards from the photobucket site. I can't seem to make it work. I hit the magnifying glass twice to enlarge it, but from there, all goes askew. Can't get it to work. Help please! Thank you so much!!!!!

Also, how do I download/save autograph cards from the photobucket site. I can't seem to make it work. I hit the magnifying glass twice to enlarge it, but from there, all goes askew. Can't get it to work. Help please! Thank you so much!!!!!

To the right of the image, near the lower right hand corner, is a section called Media Options. Under that there is a "download" option. That is how I do it.

Sorry, I can't help you with the Mac part.

To the right of the image, near the lower right hand corner, is a section called Media Options. Under that there is a "download" option. That is how I do it.

Sorry, I can't help you with the Mac part.

Thank you; I appreciate the help! I'll give that a whirl and see how if I can get it to work.

I'm making an autograph book using TLH0726's June 2012 cards. Does anyone know if she is still DISigning? I'd love to have one for Prince Charming (I couldn't find one, unless I missed it) because we're eating at 1900 PF and have the other characters. If she's still DISigning, is there a way I can PM her? If not, can someone make a card that is a similar style? Thank you for the help!!!

I enjoy making them on Shutterfly. It comes in a hardback book that is easy to have characters sign. I am actually working on one for my niece right now. You down load the pictures you want, and then upload them to the website.

I JUST bought this same pack of cardstock at Walmart this morning! I am getting ready to order my autograph prints on Walmart.com....and then pick them up in the am. I personally think the white paper looks better with the colored pics...I too was going to use colored cardstock but the white looked better.:cool1:

Do you know if the 4x6 is big enough for a good character autograph?

4x6 is big enough to get a signature but I read from a former character on the scrapbooking thread that if you give them more room and if it is homemade (not cookie cutter store bought) they like to really try their best and may add other stuff like a quote or such.

4x6 is big enough to get a signature but I read from a former character on the scrapbooking thread that if you give them more room and if it is homemade (not cookie cutter store bought) they like to really try their best and may add other stuff like a quote or such.

Thank you so much! I've been going back and forth on ideas. :) I just received a code for 100 free 4x6 prints from Shutterfly and thought I'd save a little, but didn't want 100 autograph pages if they were too small!

Thank you so much! I've been going back and forth on ideas. :) I just received a code for 100 free 4x6 prints from Shutterfly and thought I'd save a little, but didn't want 100 autograph pages if they were too small!

I made ours myself which are 8x8 but I am printing them out on 8 1/2 x 11 and having them bound with a spiral coil so we can flip the pages over. Then when we come home I can cut them out and put them in the scrapbook.

The shutter fly prints work great!!! I used them my last trip when I was putting them in a scrap book with pictures. I kept them in a small photo album, and just carried around the characters for the meals we were going to , or those we might have in that park. I also always carried some that were generic, and some extras to pass along as some pixie dust for another family. It makes my day to see the smile on a child's face what was getting an autograph on a scrap piece of paper, or even a napkin because they couldn't afford an autograph book, or had forgotten one.

I tend to use sharpie markers to write on them, and just give them a few seconds to dry. By the time we are done taking pictures, they were ready to go in the the album. The signatures came out so much better than pen, as the characters don't have to write as hard.

I will have to remember that about the bigger pages. I have a 12/12 book made, but thought it might be to big to carry around the parks. I might try it at a few character meals. I have gotten great response from characters on previous trips by using pictures from previous trips along with the autograph cards. I have a great conversation with Peter Pan over pictures of him and Wendy. Tinkerbell tried to steal my book... I even got a very rare autograph from Buzz light year. He normally only uses a stamp. Because of my book, I got a real autograph.

I saw a pretty cool alternative to a regular autograph book on Etsy. The store is called The Happy Haunt. It looks super cute and you could use them in a scrapbook or photo album after you get home!

I have all my pages uploaded into Shutterfly. I just need to find the right cover to use. Can someone point me in the right direction. I had a great one last year with the castle and a ton of various characters on it. Of course I cannot remember where I got it!

Thank you!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter