• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

A Little Positivity, Please!

7 days till our next trip. That is positive...

Loved the Behind the Attraction shows. cannot wait for more...

Was in the parks 28 times on our last AP. Have not been since July. That is a long time for us...

I'm one who has kind of sworn off Disney for a few years, due to getting less for more money, and have really grown fond of Universal. But you can bet as soon as I have grandchildren who are old enough, I'll be back.

I spent my entire childhood wanting to go to Disney: first my parents took my older sisters to a cross country trip to Disneyland in the late 60's, but not us younger ones. A few years later, we had a big family trip to Florida mere months before Disneyworld opened. High school trip to Florida? No one else wanted to go. Married trips to Florida when I was college aged? Ditto. I finally got to Disneyland in my mid 30's! It was magical! The very first day we saw a parade with Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon as Grand Marshalls!!! Started taking my children to WDW (one at a time, because as a single Mom it was easier that way) when they were small. Also magical!

I remember MANY lovely experiences. I agree with others that just being there is terrific and that it's great to just stop and smell the roses. (Which, if I was being negative, I would point out that when Disney got so complicated with FP+ and deciding things 3 months out, that the bloom started being off the rose for me. But I won't, because I'm being positive. :tongue:) One memory that I'll share had to do with my daughter when she was 6. There was one of those random water jets fountains laid into the pavement (I believe) in Epcot's Futureworld, though not the ones in the entrance. Whatever park it was, it was far inside the park. It had been a cool morning so I had her in a little dress and a wee white cardigan, but I took off the sweater as the day warmed. When we saw the fountain, she was enchanted! She was dying to run right in! So I took off her little shoes and sockies, and let her go. She had the BEST time! Just darting in and out of the jets, getting soaked but loving it!

Other people came by and either laughed to see her joy, or scowled because now their kids were clamoring to join her, and they didn't want them to get wet. I just let her play to her heart's content although I'm sure I had rides in mind for us to do instead. When she was done, and a little chilled, I just squeezed the water out of her dress, put her warm socks and shoes back on, and wrapped her in the snuggly cardigan. Within a half hour, her dress and undies were dry, too.

Such a simple thing. Such a seemingly insignificant hour - but I'll never forget her joy, and how Disney made this possible for us. Don't let some touring guide or electronic program dictate your trip. Look away from your phone. Take time to be child directed, if you have a child with you. If you don't, listen for YOUR inner child, and eat that cookie. Splash in that fountain. Ride a baby ride if you want. When you pass through the Darling's window with Peter Pan, go ahead and get a little misty. There's still Disney magic, and you can make your own magic if you open your heart to it.

We're planning our July 2022 trip and are SO EXCITED! It'll be my and DH's first time as adults (last time we were there was 25+years ago) and the first time for all three of our kids. Our family are big-time Star Wars fans so we're looking especially forward to Galaxy's Edge. DH and DS are planning to build lightsabers at Savi's and the girls and I are going to build Droids. :darth: Can't wait until it's closer to our trip and we can start to plan dining reservations and park touring plans in earnest. I'm even feeling cautiously optimistic about Genie+ (if we can limit the lines we wait in, that'll be a big plus in my book and well worth the $15 pp).

My daughter and I just completed our 60 shirts, a hoodie, and have moved on to our sweatshirts. We've had a great time designing them together and its a memory I'll cherish. We leave in December and we just started pulling from our countdown chain which is exciting for our youngest. We are now starting our list of "50th" anniversary must have snacks so that we are sure not to miss something. We are not flying this year and I'm looking forward to our car trip. It gives us hours of time to connect with our girls as everyones life is so busy and in the car we will not be interrupted. I'm thankful that with everything that has happened the last year and a half we are healthy and financially able to take the trip. I don't think we will ever take travel for granted again!!! I don't care if we are in a crowded park everyday of our trip. We will see what we can and will be happy just to be there. WDW is a great place for families and planning makes a trip even sweeter. Negativity is not a word in our house but appreciation is. We are and will be thankful for every second of our trip. If is rains we will jump in the puddles and splash our way to the next thing. We've traveled on a couple extended family trips(I was the planner)and enjoyed them immensely. Happy planning. Attitude is the key to a successful trip.

I gripe a lot but am stoked to be going in February with a gigantic party of 16!!

My brother, who I only learned existed 3 years ago through one of those DNA test things, is coming down with his family. It's going to be crazy and chaotic and I'll love every minute of it.

We are headed down in a month from today. First time at the Beach Club since the COVID closure trip scheduled in 2020 for our 20th anniversary. We have fantastic ADRs that DW wants.

We get asked why we keep going back. Simple we love it 🥰

Have a Mickey Day

Last edited:
March 2022- Cupcakes and Coffee in front of the Castle, hugging on and making memories with my teenagers who finally relax and just get to be kids, kisses from my hubby as we watch fireworks. Yup. Magical. Can't wait!!!!!:tink:

Last edited:
My daughter and I just completed our 60 shirts, a hoodie, and have moved on to our sweatshirts. We've had a great time designing them together and its a memory I'll cherish. We leave in December and we just started pulling from our countdown chain which is exciting for our youngest. We are now starting our list of "50th" anniversary must have snacks so that we are sure not to miss something. We are not flying this year and I'm looking forward to our car trip. It gives us hours of time to connect with our girls as everyones life is so busy and in the car we will not be interrupted. I'm thankful that with everything that has happened the last year and a half we are healthy and financially able to take the trip. I don't think we will ever take travel for granted again!!! I don't care if we are in a crowded park everyday of our trip. We will see what we can and will be happy just to be there. WDW is a great place for families and planning makes a trip even sweeter. Negativity is not a word in our house but appreciation is. We are and will be thankful for every second of our trip. If is rains we will jump in the puddles and splash our way to the next thing. We've traveled on a couple extended family trips(I was the planner)and enjoyed them immensely. Happy planning. Attitude is the key to a successful trip.

We are close to that !! Leaving Dec 23 !!!

Disney is my happy place. Give me a Dole Whip, and a place to sit, and I can be happy doing nothing for hours. :)

Some of our best trips have been off-the-cuff, take-it-as-it-comes kind of trips. Just wandering around doing things we may not normally do, people and/or atmosphere watching, or just being spontaneous with what/where/when. We've been there enough, we don't have to do everything, or even have an agenda. Makes for a very relaxed vacation.

Will be back soon, and I'm sure we'll have a great time no matter what's changed since the last time. ESPECIALLY if I can ride the People Mover! ;)

Can we have a thread where people just post hopeful or positive things about their trip planning?

I’m planning our first big trip as a blended family and am just over the moon happy about it. Picturing standing in front of the castle with our famiy watching a fireworks show - Any fireworks show - makes me tear up
Congratulations so happy for you! Hope you have the most magical time!
Disneyfoodblog is really good for tips and tricks to planning. I used them for my first big trip.

OK -- Covid cases are going down-- yeah! Hospital occupancy is going down (our hospitals have plenty of capacity -- yeah! All is my family are vaccinated and will get booster shots when we can. I am going to Disney in March (taking my 85 year dad down there for Epcot Flower and Garden, something we have both always wanted to do, but never have done -- two Epcot days, and SeaWorld day, and three relative visiting days) -- should be a blast. DH who doesn't care for theme parks is staying home, but DS and other extended family are going to join us. Can't wait. It will be busy in March due to spring break, but the weather is so glorious in central Florida then. Plus so much of what we are doing at Epcot and SeaWorld are looking at things and shows. We won't have that many long ride lines, plus Genie + and lightening lane may be available to help with the limited attractions at Epcot that might have longer lines than we'd like.

Doing a trip with DH that he'll like in June to Southwestern Colorado.

LIfe is good and I am excited about Orlando and travel in 2022. We have loved every trip to Orlando we have taken (And for me since 1971 when WDW opened it's been about 30 trips.)

I can't wait to get back in 2023. We are just a bit worried still right now. We even mentioned maybe book another New Years trip for 2022 and see how it goes. I have cx'ed countless trips these past 18 months. And I really think this first trip back we are going to just go. No planning nothing. Just wing it and let the cards fall where they fall. I think it's the only way to not get stressed about all the changes. lol whatever doesn't get seen will get seen on upcoming trips. We are always have gone 2-3 times a year. So I really can't wait together back. I'm really trying not to think of any of t he changes in the back of my head so I don't get upset.

We have a trip the middle of next month that would be 2 days on Universal property at Portofino and then 9 days at CBR at Disney including 1 day visiting Seaworld. My other family members (we are 3 adults) are at a slightly higher risk for COVID we are fully vaccinated and one will be able to get the booster the end of this month so will decide in the next few weeks if we still feel comfortable going. If so will be so exciting just to be there not to mention seeing GE for the first time and all of the 50th stuff. I bought a 50th shirt from ShopDisney for each of us and also found one on Etsy. I had gotten a few Disney masks from Etsy last year and found a few on that site a few weeks ago with them going back to having to wear them indoors figured we should have some more and found an Epcot shirt on there as well. We were very lucky when making ADRs we got everything we wanted including Space220. We are also doing the after hours holiday party. Not sure about the CP yet. They do not have a narrator listed for the only day we could see it and not crazy about the dining options offered unless more come out by the time of booking on the 26th. Not thrilled about Genie+ but we will see. We had ordered our MBs in Sep and they came very quickly. Someone mentioned either on this message board or another one I go on that about 2-3 weeks before a trip they received a packet with coupons and luggage tags so we should hopefully get that soon.

I can't wait to get back in 2023. We are just a bit worried still right now. We even mentioned maybe book another New Years trip for 2022 and see how it goes. I have cx'ed countless trips these past 18 months. And I really think this first trip back we are going to just go. No planning nothing. Just wing it and let the cards fall where they fall. I think it's the only way to not get stressed about all the changes. lol whatever doesn't get seen will get seen on upcoming trips. We are always have gone 2-3 times a year. So I really can't wait together back. I'm really trying not to think of any of t he changes in the back of my head so I don't get upset.
I keep saying we are going to wing it then find myself back to my old planning ways.
When I say it’s our first trip as a blended family I mean our first trip together (new spouse, kids with step siblings etc). Separately most of us have been multiple times. It’ll be a bonding experience!

I keep saying we are going to wing it then find myself back to my old planning ways.
When I say it’s our first trip as a blended family I mean our first trip together (new spouse, kids with step siblings etc). Separately most of us have been multiple times. It’ll be a bonding experience!
I think you will have a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter