~*A dream is a wish your heart makes*~ Mia's Wish trip 2008

Thank you all for following along. I just need some help with changing the web adress into a link (make sense?) I have too much in my siggy and need to consolidate;)

Ok, so I left off heading to Universal.

I must say that I was very impressed with my Dad's gps. It seriously got us out of many jams along the way. George knew his duty was to get everything set so I can drive where the voice told me to go. It was a blessing I tell you. Except of course when it would tell you to turn right about 15 times in 2 minutes while waiting for a light:rotfl:

We arrived at UA and it had stopped raining but you can tell the park was starting to clear out, it was about 4pm. I fell into a deep obession with the moving walkways though I got yelled at about 30 times to get OFF of them with the strollers:lmao: George expected me to get arrested on the first day:laughing:

So we notice it is nasty out, I mean 140 degrees plus 99.99% humidity:scared: and it was close to dusk!!!

We say this is when the "moodiness" started
080.jpg

Rachel thought different
081.jpg

We headed over to Fievals playland and had some fun

088.jpg

086.jpg

091.jpg

092.jpg

Such a cute hieny!
095.jpg

Then we started walking over to Woody Woodpeckers Rollor coaster...and we were ushered into Barney's live show. Now Rachel (my oldest) was a Barney Fanatic, Mia was so-so and Ashley has never gotten into it. But what the heck, lets go see the show! Well, the woman who told us about the show guided us to a special line. The magic was happening again. Mia and the rest enjoyed the pre-show they did while you waited to go into the auditorium.
096.jpg

The doorway of the room had a waterfall so the kids were playing in the rain:cool2: Once the doors opened a gentleman took Mia by the hand and guided the family to the front row! The show was super cute but was very difficult to take pictures with no flash. Once the show was over the same gentleman told us to stay put so we did. The room cleared out quick and out came!!!! BARNEY!!!! We got to have a private meet and greet with Barney all by ourselves. Mia was not impressed. Ashley was in:love:

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

After that Ashley had to have her first Barney stuffed animal so she picked out a rather large version. Took the girls to go potty and how cute they had mini-potties for the children! Loved it but felt rather odd taking a picture in the bathroom:rolleyes1

Off we go to Curious George's little water retreat and it was SOOOOOO much fun and verrrrry wet. An awesome place when you are in such heat.

103.jpg

106.jpg

Mia didn't want to do the rollercoaster but Rachel was dying to try it. The CM pulled out right out of the regular line and took us to the exit. I didn't realize I had put Mia's pass on so we wouldn't lose it. The CM asked Rachel where she wanted to sit and she said in front! So in front it was. It's such a cute ride, just like goofy's barnstormer.

We got to quite a few things before we headed out. We did ET (girls were not big fans though they love the movie) Jimmy Nuetron, Shrek (Mia made me take her out to go potty and we missed it) and we had dinner at the Monster Cafe. It was actually pretty good for cafeteria style food. The girls each had pasta, apple sauce and cookies. George had the baked Chicken and I had the pizza. It wasn't very expensive either. We expected much worse.

Around 830 we headed towards the van. Along the way George and Rachel played some games at City Walk.

SHE BEAT HIM! (and he really didn't "let" her)
113.jpg

Her moodiness herself. She was tired, cranky and hot!
110.jpg

Cinnabon is my absolute favorite and it just so happened to be on the way out:rolleyes1 sooooooooooooooooo we got some ice cream and cinnabons!!:woohoo:

After a hot first day we weren't sure how the rest of the trip would be and how would beaner hold up. By the time we got out of the parking garage, the girls were OUT!

Coming Next: Bippity Boppity Boutique, the man hunt for a Starbucks and a miserable beans

great report.* Your girls are beautiful.* Can't wait for more!

Thanks! I think I did a good job with my girls! I swear my husband has nothing to do with it
Great TR so far Cant wait to keep reading

Its funny because I am trying to keep up with others TR's that I forget I have my own to do

great update and pics.

I took a whole boatload of pictures so there will be a lot. I guess there is a 25 max limit hahaha

Sorry guys I have been so overwhelmed with school. I actually have a minute so I figured I would post our 3rd installment. We are going to Newport for the weekend so I have been going silly trying to get all of our fall clothes pulled from the basement and washed. I love the fall! This is the best time of year here in New England:yay:

Our appointment for BBB was at 10am on Sunday, and we woke up pretty late. Thank goodness we had cereal on hand in the room or else we would have been in big trouble. We ate fairly quickly and headed over to the market place. It was pretty quiet there and we were able to find a parking spot right behind the World of Disney store. BBB was located in the back of the girly princess department. There was a huge line and they have us pagers to gather us for our day of beauty. We walked around and took some cute pictures.

118.jpg

119.jpg

About 20 minutes later the host Fairy Godmother ushered us to meet our Fairy Godmothers. Once in the back the girls picked out their dresses and their hairstyles. Mia decided that she didn't want to do it, she was very unhappy in there and I couldn't figure out why. I almost didn't let the other 2 do it because I didn't feel it was right. I coerced Mia into the dressing room and talked with her and tried the cinderella dress on. Still, she fought me and didn't want to participate. I broke down in tears as she walked out the FG walked in and I just cried. George came in and wrapped his arms around me just as confused on why Mia would chose not to do something to fabulously fun. Finally, at 11am we got the other girls makeovers started.

127.jpg

128.jpg

I was very surprised that Ashley sat so good, a true Diva I must say. She was very into all the attention she was getting. Rachel was just as enthusastic.

Mia, just looked so sad
133.jpg

139.jpg

141.jpg

147.jpg

2825930121_5a8789a08c.jpg

143.jpg

153.jpg

2825928377_d8c6ba5b60.jpg

After that we headed over to the photopass studio so we could get our pictures taken!!! It was so exciting. George and Mia has gone shopping in the sports store so they weren't there. I had a blast!

2825935031_e04628b5fb.jpg

2825931657_c2fba38d00.jpg

My ultimate favorite out of all of them!!!

After all was said and done we were exhausted and starving. We went back to the room to have lunch and figure out what we wanted to do after nap. The girls wanted to do Nemo so we decided to do the future world at Epcot. We looked at our maps and picked all the things the girls wanted to do and got right on our merry way.....

Mia was very happy at this point so we thought it was refreshing. She seemed very excited to get going at Epcot so it made us think it would be a positive experience

The princesses invade Epcot!
154.jpg

As we would walk, people would greet the girls as Princess Jasmine, and Princess snow white! The girls just ATE IT UP!!

Please turn your heads to view these pictures. Photobucket is not my friend today! lol

Snow white waiting for the Turtle Talk
156.jpg

Mia actually smiling
158.jpg

I wasn't able to get any good shots while in the clam but it was a very cute ride. Nice and cool, just how I like it! Afterwards we saw a photopass photographer:woohoo:
2826779358_92b2d661a0.jpg

It was so very hot!!! We walked over to Figment and walked right on. Well, once it got dark Ashley screamed the entire rest of the ride. The poor people with us must have been deaf by the time we got out. We then realized that Ashley was too young to do many of the rides. George took Mia and Rachel to do Honey I shrunk the audiance and Ashley and I walked around taking pictures with our friends:cool2:
160.jpg

162.jpg

165.jpg

I will have to do another post for the meet and greet, I am at my maximun for photo's:rolleyes1

After only doing a few rides the girls decided there was nothing else that they had wanted to do. I made a few suggestions but they didn't want any part of it. As we were walking out we saw that they had the characters doing photo's inside so they all wanted to go in. Boy what a line that was. We waited over 40 minutes but the girls had fun playing and talking with the other children in line.
168.jpg

169.jpg

170.jpg

Once we had gotten to the CM, she saw Mia's GKTW button and was shocked that we waited in that big line. I assured her that it was ok and she said "Oh no it isn't OK. You have that special button for a reason and special you should be!" Mia was happy in line but once it came time to meet she quickly turned sad and started crying. I couldn't understand but I just let the other two start taking pictures while she sat in Georges arms.

2825946297_423e7982ca.jpg

2826786910_8ca16a7a3c.jpg

Minnie even tried to cheer her up
2825951505_cd49c81283.jpg

2826795404_38bf970788.jpg

2825957867_5ecb998394.jpg

All George and I could do was look at each other with sadness. Beaner wasn't feeling the magic that Disney is all about. On our way to the exit Rachel wanted to get her picture in front of the big golf ball so we flagged down a photopass photographer and she started posing away. Mia again didn't want to do it
2826800948_6301bb8f41.jpg

Ashley Hopped right up and did the same
2826803096_67ffca0797.jpg

2826806244_1895c9f122.jpg

The bags look huge under my eyes from crying. At least it turned out to be a super cute picture of Ashley
2825969859_e1955c145e.jpg

Mia gave me a real hard time about taking pictures so George stayed back with her and the photopass in hopes she would take some pictures without me around. As I walked to the parking lot I just cried my eyes out. I got the other two loaded and just bawled to no end in the car waiting for them to get there. I never let Mia see me cry and she was horrified when she seen it. It was just heartwrenching that she was not participating. I felt I would hate to look back at photo's of her wish trip with no pictures of her in them. George let me and Mia talk for a bit and I explained how special this trip is and if she wasn't going to be happy that she would make everyone sad. There was a blank stare on her face, she didn't understand how sad I was. There is plenty that she doesn't understand and I had to come to terms with that during this trip.

It was unanimous that we would go relax by the pool after dinner.

177.jpg

The smile returned

179.jpg

'
180.jpg

172.jpg

I am not sure how to post video's but I am gonna try!

Up next: Breakfast at Ohana's and Hollywood Studio's!

I am enjoying your report. I am so sorry that she wasn't feeling the magic. I would be upset too. You have a beautiful family!

Awwwwww... I love the pics. I am sorry that Mia was so sad.

I am trying to see things from her perspective and maybe it was just too soon. I have a bunch of pictures so you will see many more;)

I am enjoying your report. I am so sorry that she wasn't feeling the magic. I would be upset too. You have a beautiful family!

Thank you, I have lucked out with my girls I must say. I felt horrible for my feelings and was hoping that I could put on my big girl panties and suck it up. Unfortunately it was so much harder than said.

great update and pics.
Thanks scott! I am glad you are following along:cutie:

Here is a funny video of the night at the pool

Ashley wanted George to catch her and was very hesitant about jumping

Just 2 days later at my girlfriends party Ashley showed a new braver side. Check out the last jump. It made my heart skip a beat!:scared1:

so I will admit I have been a lurker... on your pretrip report you had mentioned you were nervous writting a trip report... I have to ask and hope her depression has improved.... I can not imagine what you and your family especially your daughter has had to go thru.. but I can at least give hope when a dear friend of mine who has battled cancer for the last seven years in every form imaginable was deemed in remission yesterday... i pray for your duaghter... and hers and your whole families story touches me

but I can at least give hope when a dear friend of mine who has battled cancer for the last seven years in every form imaginable was deemed in remission yesterday... i pray for your duaghter... and hers and your whole families story touches me

Please send our hugs to your friend, it is so great that they are free of struggle right now. Thank you for the prayers for Mia, I appreciate that there are people out there with such compassion.

I was truly worried about writing a TR because this board is supposed to be all about magic and I would hate to remind people of the negative sides of treatment. Mia is an amazing little girl so when I was asked to do a TR I went ahead and did one. Thank you for reading and your prayers.

Mia will be heading back to the Dermatologist next week, we found a mole on her back that is worrisome. Hopefully it is nothing and our worries will be laid to rest.

XOXOX

I love your report. The wonder of children is that they are who they are. But no matter what, they are still absolutely darling. If you read trip reports of "normal" families, you will find that they have the same struggles and joys. None of us can smile all the time! Our faces would crack!:rotfl:

Mia's memories and yours will be magical memories no matter how few they might seem and they will be wonderful! Your pictures are darling. I love the ones of your husband cuddling Mia and comforting her. That's what Dads are for!

Keep up the good work on this TR. You are doing a great job.

:grouphug:

Denise

I love your report. The wonder of children is that they are who they are. But no matter what, they are still absolutely darling. If you read trip reports of "normal" families, you will find that they have the same struggles and joys. None of us can smile all the time! Our faces would crack!

Mia's memories and yours will be magical memories no matter how few they might seem and they will be wonderful! Your pictures are darling. I love the ones of your husband cuddling Mia and comforting her. That's what Dads are for!

Keep up the good work on this TR. You are doing a great job.

Thank you for your encouraging words. I think at times I need some to keep my head above water. My girls are daddy's girls so when they get upset they run right to Daddy. :confused3 I think that was a part of my sadness too. I felt like there was nothing I could do to make Mia happy. At the hotel, Mia would crawl into bed with us and lay on him. I would roll over and just pray the next day would be a better one. I have also decided that it will be just too much to do Disney next summer so George and I have decided to go the relaxing route and go to Ocean City, MD for a week.Our next Disney trip will be probably 04/10 for Mia's birthday. We figured it would be the best way to do a do over. I have found a wonderful site with house/condo rentals in the orlando area and I think that is the way we are going to go. Who knows what tomorrow will bring so I don't want to go crazy planning.

Once I get Rachel on the bus, I will come back and do another day!:wizard:

I was so worried that we would never wake up in time for our 8:10AM breakfast at Ohana's. I was up at 6:30 (not on purpose) and waited for just the right time to wake the girls and get them ready. I pulled everyone's outfits out, cleaned up the room, had a cup of coffee and got myself ready. No lie, it was more of a struggle than I thought. They fought me tooth and nail to stay in bed:headache:

I must say I was very thankful at this point to have the rental car because we used it everyday and it was much more comfortable to get around with. At 7:49 we leave pop, I was praying we didn't miss our ressie. once we arrived at the Poly, we entered the wrong building and what a long walk around it was to find the main building. Once we found where we were going, the line was so long. I was truly afraid that it was too late. Thankfully once we got to the podium we were just in time. I got our little pager and walked around. George was on potty duty with the girls. It was so cute, they handed out lei's and set your family up for a group shot. Well, our didn't go to well and we weren't even offered our picture. Once we got seated we were told our "cousin" would be over to take care of us. I wish I remebered his name because he was so awesome.

He brought over coffee, juice and breakfast breads as he explained our meal would be out soon. I didn't know ahead of time it was a family style meal. I never had one before. This is so exciting. The girls started to have some fun, though the lei's were itchy they didn't want to keep them on

181.jpg

182.jpg

183.jpg

George was all about the breakfast breads. My favorite was the pineapple
184.jpg

Our breakfast was eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and mickey waffles.
185.jpg

Flat Claire enjoyed some yummy food and a beautiful lei
195.jpg

Here comes trouble!
190.jpg

And the bad mood
191.jpg

I dont get it, she was so excited to stitch and lilo. I can't fathom her mood changing so drastically and so quickly

193.jpg

We saw everyone! Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, pluto! What a line up!

197.jpg

199.jpg

201.jpg

202.jpg

Again, no Mia....:guilty:

Rachel joined in the parade around the dining room, shaking her maraca's making mommy proud!
208.jpg

209.jpg
:confused3

212.jpg

Ashley was in awe of seeing her new "friends" so much so everyone of them got a hug and kiss

I think seriously, that breakfast was the most expensive breakfast I have ever had in my life. So much so that George and I discussed our future ressies.

After Ohana's we were suppoed to go to Typhoon Lagoon! I was planning that right along. It was the most perfect day for it. I even had all of our suits, change of clothes etc all ready in the van. Then Rachel kept going on about how she wanted to do TOT so they all decided ( I was out voted) to go over to HS for a few hours. It seemed as though Mia was out of her funk so I was happy to oblige. I knew she wouldn't do most of the rides but we didn't plan on staying there too long.

Ashley had proclaimed to the family she had to PEEEEEEEEEEEEPEEEEEEEEE:laughing: so I was able to drop them off in front of the HS and find a place to park. OMG I had such a hard time getting out of there to park. I had Mia's pass on the mirror (this way it was easy to grab when going through the parking gate) A cast memeber pointed to where I could park and I almost died! He let us park right up front in handicapped. I explained to him that I don't have a pass that we aren't handicapped and he said oh you can park there and he radio'd to security that there will be a GKTW vistor parked up there to make sure everything was alright. The security said oh absolutely:wizard: I had a feeling it was going to be a good day. :woohoo:

George and Ashley had already made it through the gate and up to the sorcerer hat. As we walked in we heard HSM and got all excited. Rachel, Mia and I ran to see what was going on. We had run so fast I didn't get any pictures but Wow what a cute (short) show. Afterwards we headed over towards TOT and watched as the HSM float made its way down the street. Rachel wanted a picture in front of TOT with me so we took a cute photopass. The guy said Disney maynot produce the photo because of the hand gestures....

2826811362_eca54d5862.jpg

Rachel had heard about TOT from a friend and she was bound and determined to try it out. I said if she didn't cry she would get a t-shirt! :thumbsup2 well, she did it! She didn't cry, she actually loved it! I would have bought the photo but there was a tall man in front of her and we couldn't even see her. Once out of the gift shop we stopped and got some Mickey ice cream. As we walked over to the little mermaid show I stopped to have a cigarette and pull out flat sue and katie.

214.jpg

*because of limitations I will continue below*

George took Ashley for a walk while us girls went to see the little mermaid. He took the photopass card just in case.
2826816614_71bd92893e.jpg

So When we got out he wasn't around but the playhouse Disney characters were out. Handy manny, JoJo and goliath, the little einsteins. Mia was HAPPY! I took out my camera to take some pictures and the battery was just about dead. GRRRRR.:headache: So I grabbed another photopass card.

2826817998_cd5e87f646.jpg

We had so much fun, I forgot George wasn't with us, but then he came back with Ashley and we got some pictures of her with her new "friends"
2826819984_3b935230dd.jpg

The Cm's were so nice, there was no line waiting for us. I think Mia was starting to feel like this was a fun day:cutie:

222.jpg

215.jpg

We didn't do much more there. It was hot and we were getting tired. My battery in the camera died so did the rest of the day:rotfl:

We headed back to the room to take a break and have some lunch. I was smart and charged my camera battery this time. I wasn't sure if we were going back to HS or what but I was beat. It sure helped taking breaks back at the room. We woke up from nap and the girls wanted to go to Magic Kingdom. So it was unanimous. I was excited getting the girls on the ferry. I loved that part going as a kid. It was overcast which we expected because of "Florida weather" so we just went with the flow.

228.jpg

229.jpg

231.jpg

232.jpg

I was getting all sorts of Giddy. This picture is from the dock at the TC.
I love my camera
230.jpg

I FORGOT TO MENTION!!! When we were all napping George decided to go down to the concierge and find out about reservations. He made a reservation at the Crystal Palace for dinner at 9pm. I almost fell over. I didn't want to keep the girls up the late just for dinner. But he had the best intentions. So we kept the reservation. He also canceled our 7am Breakfast at Chef Mickey (which I was ok with) and also scored dinner ressies for 1900 Park fare. YAY GEORGE!!!

236.jpg

FUN FUN!

Up next: our fun at the Magic Kingdom

Well, our didn't go to well and we weren't even offered our picture.
FYI in the future : this happened to us and when I went to a photo pass kiosk they put it on my photo pass for free since we were never even offered the pic! I would think they would do that for you, i could be wrong it could have been a 1 time thing but it never hurts to ask!

The guy said Disney maynot produce the photo because of the hand gestures....

2826811362_eca54d5862.jpg

What hand gestures???? I am very confused?!:confused3

What hand gestures???? I am very confused?!

The rock signs....he said disney has a rule about that....who knows...I never knew rock horns were a bad thing:confused: But none the less the picture was up on the site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter