~*A dream is a wish your heart makes*~ Mia's Wish trip 2008

ibdamamma

If it's dirty, throw it away and buy another one
Here by request, I am starting our Trip report from Mia's wish trip to WDW in August.

A little background, Mia(5) was diagnosed in May of this year with stage IV Melanoma. She endured a summer filled with a chemotherapy called interferon Alpha. Prior to her being diagnosed we started planning our summer trip to WDW with my girlfriend Sue and her daughter Katie. At first we were super excited because we were able to book very inexpensive flights, get rooms at POP and discovered DIS.

After her diagnoses we questioned our intentions on keep with the plan to go on Vacation. That is when my mothers co-worker sent her an email about the Dream come true foundation of CT and it just so happened she would on the board. After a few weeks of contact, Laurie our Dream Weaver let us know that DCT would be taking over our plans for our August trip. I was never really a planner until I discovered this site!:love: It made me a firm believer that you must plan EVERYTHING!

007.JPG

This Laurie with the girls just a week before we leave. She met with us at her office (because of my work schedule) to give us our package of information and itinieraries. At this point we were over the moon about our up coming trip:banana:

Finally the night before the girls got to sleep around 3AM
001.jpg

Mia thought that her and Ashley could fit into Ashley toddler bed

the limo came at 1pm and was on time. I did feel a little rushed but overall we were excited anyway....
006.jpg

The girls could barely hold back their excitement, though I wish they would have for the sake of our poor driver
011.jpg

They loved having their own row
024.jpg

032.jpg

037.jpg

The flight was short to Atlanta but it was getting late and the girls were feeling tired
046.jpg

FINALLY!!!! WERE ARE HERE!
048.jpg

We unfortunately were too late for the GKTW greeter but were able to navigate around no problem. We gathered our luggage and headed down to Avis to pick up our rental car. Once I handed the woman our information and she saw that we were a wish family she proceeded to tell me our van was waiting:eek: REALLY? WOAH! We headed over to the garage and the van was right there running with A/C on and everything. We loaded up our belongings (kids included), unpacked the GPS and headed on our way. The girls were too excited to sleep. It was 11pm at this point and I was exhausted but I put on my girl panties and went with it! I ended up driving because my husband wouldn't know the first thing to do with a van, it's not like he doesn''t drive a large SUV daily:rotfl: So the pictures of us driving circles around WDW property trying to find POp are non existant. We drove through the welcome arches about 4 times since GPS couldn't "locate" POP. At 12:10AM I go to the check in counter and get our room. The had put us all the way in the back with a beautiful parking lot view:confused3 so I had asked if we could be moved up a bit further because it would be more convienent. The Cm was happy to oblige and put a nice price tag on that request but I took it. We were put in the 70's building

Finally at 2am, the window decorations are up, clothes are unpacked but children are still playing "can you jump to the other bed" without falling. I knew we had to be up early to go to GKTW so I begged and pleaded with the girls to get to bed. Finally 2:50AM the girls are OUT!!! Woohooo :woohoo:

George and I set the alarm for 7am...:surfweb:

Sounds exciting, i'll be watching for your next post. Your daughters are beautiful. I have 3 daugthers as well. Aren't they fun:cool1:

Your girls are so adorable.

I hope Mia and the family had a wonderful time,I be waiting to read your next post.

Your girls are way too cute!! I love all the pictures!
Good start on your trip report!!!

Thank you all! It was a hard decision to write one considering it wasn't the most magical trip ever. Or maybe I am just being over sensitive, who knows but I am going to start another update in a little bit!

We woke up a little late but we managed to muster every ounce of energy to get in gear. I walked down to the back parking lot to have a cigarette since you can no longer smoke outside your rooms.
049.jpg

So, since Sue and Katie couldn't actually "make" it this trip I decided to bring them along anyway. Katie was accepted at a advanced arts school so her schedule clashed with our trip. You will see them pop up along the way;)

The girls were super excited to get their day going! We decided that we wouldn't eat breakfast but instead have an ice cream breakfast at GKTW while I attend the orientation.
073.jpg

GKTW was such a magical place, I wish we would have stayed in one of the villas. Because I was in the orientation I wasn't able to take many pictures while they played before I met back up with them.

They really enjoyed the talking garbage cans and they decided to use every thing they could find to shove in the clowns mouth. After I got everything all situated we decided to go over to the Castle of Miracles. Oh what a beautiful place that was.

2091900078_c8274e8df2_m.jpg

They played so much and enjoyed all of the fun things to do in there.

050.jpg

052.jpg

Mia was able to make a magical star with her name on it and the star fair would put it on the ceiling during the night when all the children are in bed.
053.jpg

056.jpg

Then the girls got to make magical pillows! It was the most magical pillow machine ever!!
059.jpg

060.jpg

Ashley had to give hers a test to make sure it was a good one
064.jpg

PILLOW FIGHT!!!!
067.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

070.jpg

068.jpg

It was so much fun! We even played minature golf, rc boats and arcade games. Ol' Elmer was awesome!

spaceball.gif

So sad to leave :guilty: , we had to get our day moving! We headed over to walmart and picked up a bunch of groceries, odds n ends to get us through the week! Once we got back to the room it was raining, shhocker I know! but we decided that it would be a good time to go to UA since there wasn't much we wanted to do there so we would be able to get it done and not waste a WDW ticket for half a day.

Here are some window shots!
079-1.jpg

076.jpg

077.jpg

Universal here we come.....

great tr so far.

I followed you over from Kat's tr.

I'm all caught up! Great start! Gee those window decorations look familiar!?;) You did a great job because I actually noticed them from walking on the floor below!

great tr so far.

I followed you over from Kat's tr.

Thank you for coming aboard!;) I wish I woud have had a chance to meet Kat, but only have done so through a little dry erase board:confused3

This is awesome...I am hooked already!
I love reading your PTR....welcome!

I'm all caught up! Great start! Gee those window decorations look familiar!? You did a great job because I actually noticed them from walking on the floor below

HAHAHAHA Yeah, that window was like a beacon as we would try to figure out which way our room was. We got lost almost everytime going back to the room. Ok OK OK! It was me! I was getting lost hahahaha:rotfl:

Very cool. What a neat idea. Can't wait to hear about your half day at US

I was so inspired by posters on the dis! It was such a fun and exciting thing to do! The next time I promised there will be LIGHTS!

I am going to try to do more after dinner. Mia has to get her shot tonight and I have a paper to write. I am not sure if I told any of you, but I am a full time Fashion student. My life is chaos!:upsidedow

But did anyone get the new New Kids on the Block CD? Holy cow what a great job they did!

back to your reguarly scheduled programming:surfweb:

But did anyone get the new New Kids on the Block CD? Holy cow what a great job they did!

back to your reguarly scheduled programming:surfweb:

No but I want it!!! I love me some NKOTB!!!!!

Also, I love the window decorations!! How did you do them? Are they up there with tape? I would love to do that with Hank's hospital room next week!!

Also, I love the window decorations!! How did you do them? Are they up there with tape? I would love to do that with Hank's hospital room next week!!

They were held up with a scrapbooking tape. It was in a roll like the white out strips but it has dots! Make sure you get the removable kind. You will have to clean the window because I didn't and mickey heads were falling down. The window clings I bought at AC Moore but found later they were cheaper at Walmart. The clings were designs made by veronica
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1858558

and I also used her designs for the magnet on the door. The door decals were in a set bought at AC Moore so was the rest of the items. Good luck next week! :grouphug:

Oh and the cd is absolutely amazing! I am so happy I finally bought it. My husband and brother were taking bets to see what time I would get in line the day it was released:rolleyes1 but I didn't get it until friday :laughing: THEY BOTH LOST

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter