A couple of layout issues

How do I start a new thread??

Well not by pressing 'Reply' in an existing one. :) You go to the forum or sub-forum that you want to post to (i.e. where you can see the list of all the threads in that forum) and click on the 'Post New Thread' button located at either the top-right or bottom-right of the list.

Andre

Well not by pressing 'Reply' in an existing one. :) You go to the forum or sub-forum that you want to post to (i.e. where you can see the list of all the threads in that forum) and click on the 'Post New Thread' button located at either the top-right or bottom-right of the list.

Andre

I don't have a POST NEW THREAD button at all? Where can I find it? Help, please. I've looked everywhere?

I don't have a POST NEW THREAD button at all? Where can I find it? Help, please. I've looked everywhere?

At either the top-right of the threads list when you view a forum:

upload_2015-2-3_11-7-53.png

Or also at the bottom-right (both buttons do the same thing):

upload_2015-2-3_11-8-58.png

Andre

Thanks. I actually found it just by moving my mouse around. IT'S COMPLETELY WHITED OUT. The button has no color. So far I'm not digging the new layout at all. It's way to busy for me :(
Mine looks just like the screenshot that Andre posted, white letters in a blue box.

Thanks. I actually found it just by moving my mouse around. IT'S COMPLETELY WHITED OUT. The button has no color. So far I'm not digging the new layout at all. It's way to busy for me :(
Try changing your theme. One of the first things I did was go through every theme ... twice!

The Post New Thread button has gone into hiding on the Cruise Line Forum. If you hover over the area where it should be, it will appear. But otherwise unseen.

The Post New Thread button has gone into hiding on the Cruise Line Forum. If you hover over the area where it should be, it will appear. But otherwise unseen.

Same for this board too...Just a white box unless you scroll over it

Like a Cabana boy?

or a shark?

On this board it looks just like the picture Andre posted. It's not hiding until hovered over for me using Dark Scheme.

On this board it looks just like the picture Andre posted. It's not hiding until hovered over for me using Dark Scheme.

Depends on your colour scheme. I tested a few and it is whited out on the DCL, DVC, and DIS unplugged themes (and possibly others). It was okay on the default, ABD, and dark themes (and possibly others).

Yeah, I'm seeing it fine on this board (New Board Issues) and I'm using the Default Style right now. Try changing your theme?

I just played with it and tried different styles. It does seem to be related to which Style you are using. The Disney Cruise Line, DIS Unplugged, and Disney Vacation Club themes seem to be making the Post New Thread button hide. So if you are using one those themes, it will likely impact most of your viewing regardless of which board. If you are using a different theme, you will likely only be impacted when you view those specific boards. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I would like it if the times were included on the right hand side with the date on the page where it lists all threads in each forum. For example if I look at page 15 of the Disney Cruise Line Forum and they are all listed as Jan 26, 2015. I try to read the posts from the oldest back and on the old format I used to just be able to make note that I was on xx date at about say 4pm. It gave me a place to try to go back to the next time I made it to the boards. Now they all say xx date and I have to remember what was the actual post name that I left off on and if that one gets replied to it moves up in the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter