A Bit Of This & A Bit Of That DVC Trip 2009 – Pre-trip - **Final update 16/3/09**

Ok if were all for confessions-i am shy too :lmao: ,this is going to be a great meet :lmao: :rotfl2: ,do you think it's wise to get a table for 6 :) .The only people talking to each other will be your Dad+my Hubby :rotfl: .

As for the table-no problems getting a table for 6-i am all for that :cool1: .Would it intefere with your dining discount though-as i don't understand how that works,do we just tell them that we want seperate bills :confused3 .x.

I've cracked it - I'm taking my netbook, if you've got a laptop take that and we can communicate by PM, we seem to get on alright doing that. :lmao:

Yeah we can get a table for 6 and ask them for separate bills no problem at all.

I've cracked it - I'm taking my netbook, if you've got a laptop take that and we can communicate by PM, we seem to get on alright doing that. :lmao:

Yeah we can get a table for 6 and ask them for separate bills no problem at all.

:rotfl2: perfect result,we may get some funny looks though-do ya think :confused3 .

What would be better me going from a table of 4 to 6+you cancelling or you going from a table of 2 to 6+me cancelling :confused3 .Let me know what's best.

Is your Dad looking forward to it?.x.

:rotfl2: perfect result,we may get some funny looks though-do ya think :confused3 .

What would be better me going from a table of 4 to 6+you cancelling or you going from a table of 2 to 6+me cancelling :confused3 .Let me know what's best.

Is your Dad looking forward to it?.x.

Nah, people will be too busy oohing and aahing at the dinos and meteor storm to worry about what we are doing. :)

I think it is probably going to be easier to go from a 4 to a 6 so if you want to try that first and if you get it I will phone and cancel mine.

Dad IS looking forward to it, especially meeting everybody, although he is a bit shy as well so he reckons it is going to be like a Monk's convention after a vow of silence. :lmao:

Nah, people will be too busy oohing and aahing at the dinos and meteor storm to worry about what we are doing. :)

I think it is probably going to be easier to go from a 4 to a 6 so if you want to try that first and if you get it I will phone and cancel mine.

Dad IS looking forward to it, especially meeting everybody, although he is a bit shy as well so he reckons it is going to be like a Monk's convention after a vow of silence. :lmao:

All done-table for 6-12noon Apr 4th :cool1: :thumbsup2 .

I am glad your Dad is looking forward to it :thumbsup2 .x.

Well done that girl. :thumbsup2 I've just phoned and cancelled ours so we're all set. :)

Excellent -time to get me funky moves going i think
dancer.gif

What time will you be arriving to check in?-have to ask now or i will forget, as i won't have computer access when in Florida to speak with you.x.

Excellent -time to get me funky moves going i think
dancer.gif

What time will you be arriving to check in?-have to ask now or i will forget, as i won't have computer access when in Florida to speak with you.x.

We normally check in around 15 minutes before reservation time so anywhere around 11:45.

Now about costumes for the performance...

dollykennynewer2.jpg

Knickers!!! That's our Tusker House/Finding Nemo day!!! So sad Louis and I won't be able to do any be stalking... :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Soo you're going to blow off the performance of the Century for Tusker House/Finding Nemo...our popularity isn't what it was Dolly. :sad1:

Soo you're going to blow off the performance of the Century for Tusker House/Finding Nemo...our popularity isn't what it was Dolly. :sad1:
I know!!! It's inexcusable but what can I say, Louis really loves performing fish... :rolleyes: ;) :goodvibes

Here's one of you guys from my scrapbook - lookin' good!!! :thumbsup2
photo-1.jpg

Knickers!!! That's our Tusker House/Finding Nemo day!!! So sad Louis and I won't be able to do any be stalking... :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:
:rotfl2: ,your going to be missing a great show-better than Tusker House+Nemo anyday-you don't know what you're missing :sad2: ,or you do that's why you're not coming :lmao: .x.

our popularity isn't what it was Dolly. :sad1:

:sad2: .Can you blame them,look at the outfits we used to wear :scared: :rotfl2: .

We will meet you at 11-45am,on the dot.
Do you know roughly how long a taxi to DTD takes from I-Drive :confused3 .x.

I know!!! It's inexcusable but what can I say, Louis really loves performing fish... :rolleyes: ;) :goodvibes

Here's one of you guys from my scrapbook - lookin' good!!! :thumbsup2
photo-1.jpg

Louis would love us then,were like 2 preforming seals waiting to be fed :rotfl2: :rotfl: .x.

:sad2: .Can you blame them,look at the outfits we used to wear :scared: :rotfl2: .

We will meet you at 11-45am,on the dot.
Do you know roughly how long a taxi to DTD takes from I-Drive :confused3 .x.

Looks like I could do with losing a few pounds as well.

Taxi from I-Drive to DTD will probably take about 25-30 mins.

Looks like I could do with losing a few pounds as well.

Taxi from I-Drive to DTD will probably take about 25-30 mins.

Cheers David,well that's me for the night-off to watch a film-until we speak again-
hug.gif
night night.x.

With just over a month to go until we leave there have been a few more changes to the plans and a couple more purchases to make the trip complete.

A couple of weeks ago I put QVC on and noticed that their ‘Today’s Special Value’ was the Archos 7 multimedia tablet at a pretty good price. I had been looking at these for a while and, although I had decided I could make do with my 705, I couldn’t resist QVC’s offer. Dad saw it too and as a result we each own a shiny new toy:

DSCF0022.jpg

Dad has already started filling his with music and videos and I will be doing the same over the weekend.

Ever since I had been unable to get the baseball tickets I wanted I had been checking TicketMaster and Stubhub for cheap tickets but nothing suitable had come up. In the end I decided that I really didn’t want to miss the game and that if I went for the first or second row of the upper tier it wouldn’t really be so bad. I did some searching around the net and found two tickets for row B in the upper tier and decided to buy them as my treat to Dad, since he pays for everything else. The tickets arrived this morning and so the baseball game has been inked into the plans.

DSCF0023.jpg

As I was browsing the net last night I came across the concert schedule for Mardi Gras and noticed that Kelly Clarkson was appearing on Saturday March 28th. I am a fan of hers and, although I wanted to go, the date sounded familiar. When I looked at our itinerary I found that it is the same day as the baseball game that I had finally got tickets for. I debated for a while and then decided that as the game should be finished by 4:00 and the Mardi Gras parade isn’t until 8:00 with the concert following after we could do both and so I bought two Mardi Gras tickets, which are again my treat.

DSCF0024.jpg

The final purchase, which also arrived today, is the new Passporter for 2009.

DSCF0025.jpg

I have bought one of these for each trip so far and always buy the deluxe edition so that I get a complete new binder and can keep the old ones intact. The reason I like the Passporter so much is for these

DSCF0026.jpg

the daily pockets which hold my park map and itinerary card for each day and keep receipts safe for when I am doing the trip report at the end of the day. I normally end up losing the pen from them though so I am hoping to complete a whole trip with the same pen this time.

I had also been considering a zipline safari but since they need to be reserved in advance and we already have so much reserved I am going to save that for another time.

The other bonus since I last updated is that I read that people were getting locked out of Virgin’s website because of flight changes again. I checked the website and, sure enough, there was a message that our flight time had changed but, since we booked direct with Virgin Atlantic this year, I was given the option of ticking a box to confirm I was aware of the change and I was allowed into the site. While I was in there I noticed that the seat map was available for our outbound flight so I decided to have a look at what was available. There were only two seats available – two seats which hadn’t been available when we booked – my favourite two seats, 80H & K. They aren’t available anymore! :cool1: :cool1:

And so, save for any unexpected changes, that is pretty much it until we go away. I will be back in a few weeks for a single digit dance. :thumbsup2

David,
I think you can take it as a good sign for your trip that the plane seats you have now are the ones you wanted initially but couldn't have. Fate has taken a hand. Of course, it's just as well we don't leave everything to Fate, so I'm sure that it will be all of your careful planning that will nail the good time you are going to have.

About the baseball game ending at 4--be prepared for extra innings. No one ever knows how long a baseball game will last!

About the baseball game ending at 4--be prepared for extra innings. No one ever knows how long a baseball game will last!

That was why I hesitated Susan, because you can never be sure when a game is going to end. At least with (American) football there is some sort of finite time to it. Still we'll see how things go and, if it comes to it, we can always leave before the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter