A big step trip report.....day 1 and 2, 5 separate parts UPDATED WITH PICS!

tetley02

Mouseketeer
I have decided to rename my trip report as my dd took some huge leaps forward with her anxieties. I am doing day 1 and 2 on the same as we didnt really get anywhere on day 1 as we got there late.

We left for the airport at 12, got there early and they let us check in early, so we got the cases out the way. We were called for our flight, and went down for it, but then we waited for ages, the plane hadnt even loaded off the other passengers and their luggage, so we had to wait for that to happen then wheelchair transfers to take place, then we got on.

The flight was uneventful, nice landing, got to Paris about 7.10 so 20 mions late. We had to wait AGES for the luggage to turn up on the carousels, we got out of the airpot with the Rs transports guy at 8. He had appropriate seating for my 5 year old and the 1 year old in our group. It seemed to take ages to get to disneyland.

We got there at about 9, check in was so slow, they only had 3 staff checking people in. We eventually got to our room at 10, it was 4150, and overlooked newport bay hotel. The toiletries they leave are much nicer than last time we came.

We all went over to the village to get something to eat, me and my dd chose to eat at the sandwich place, we got a pannini and chicken tenders and chips. My cousin took her two over to mcdonalds, needless to say they thought what we had was much nicer!

We went back to the hotel and were asleep by midnight.

DAY 2

had a 7.45 breakfast slot, made it down in good time. The breakfast was nice, certainly cant complain about that.

I loved this in the village

disney2008001.jpg

Then we went straight out to the park. we got there just after 9.

disney2008002.jpg

disney2008003.jpg

My dd heard the screams and spooky nosies before even entering and started to get a little anxious. Once she saw the pumpkin statues she freaked, I managed to get a few pics of her but beyond that stand with the huge pumpkin is at the top is where she began to go mental!

disney2008004.jpg

disney2008006.jpg

disney2008005.jpg

I was walking up main street with her trying to push me back down shoputing to go back to the hotel. Luckily I am bigger than her so her pushes did nothing and I just kept walking. Once we got to the castle she was fine, but she wanted to do the dumbo ride but I said she couldnt because of her behaviour. I followed through with this and the result was she wasnt bothered by the halloween decorations at all.

I think this is the pic where I stood firm and got back on track and took more pics, you can see she has been a bit upset, we traced back our steps and got a few more pics

disney2008007.jpg

disney2008008.jpg

She was desperatley trying to stay in the pic for this, despite being terrified, she clung on to the edge. I do apologise for the hair, I am trying to outgrow her fringe, there is a hairband there somewhere it just came out of place during her meltdown!

disney2008009.jpg

disney2008010.jpg

disney2008011.jpg

disney2008012.jpg

disney2008013.jpg

She hated this one,

disney2008014.jpg

disney2008015.jpg

Our first ride was pinocchio, my cousin took her 1 year old on this ride, she probably whimpered just the once, but due to that whimper she didnt really take her on any of the other rides. We wnet on peter pan, had to do it separatley as someone had to stay with the 1 year old. The same for buzz light year! We also did the carousel, and the teacups. We went on small world, and my cousin agreed to let her 1 year old on!

disney2008016.jpg

We then went to a princess meet

Short video clip

disney2008018.jpg

I realised as my DD went up to meet ariel, her trousers were on back to front! Luckily as the trousers were stoned for decoration on front and back it wasn't that obvious, but I still had to quickly change them round!

A Lovely report, thank you. Sounds like your DD did really well :goodvibes gives me hope for my DS (has ASD) who I know will take a while to get used to the park and characters

I don't think it's unreasonable at all to go to sleep at 10 and that should be respected by those in the party, it can be really tiring walking around the parks for adults, never mind the children

My dd is currently undergoing assessment for ASD, at times she is scared of her own shadow, and takes things to extremes, so I am sure your ds will be fine.

I can see why you just want it to be you and DD on future visits ;) .

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Then we went to watch the 11.15am villains halloween show

disney2008019.jpg

disney2008020.jpg

disney2008021.jpg

disney2008023.jpg

disney2008024.jpg

disney2008025.jpg

The guy who is in this pic was good, i think he was on the stage at the same time as this big ugly grey beasty thing who could pass for the hunchback of noitre damn from the back, anyone care to enlighten me who they are off?

disney2008026.jpg

disney2008027.jpg

disney2008028.jpg

disney2008029.jpg

Then we went to do its a small world and passed a few characters on the way

disney2008030.jpg

disney2008031.jpg

Day 2 part 3

We then went on Pirates of the carribean, we did baby swap, but my cousin said we shouldnt have bothered as she thought the ride was boring as it was to dark! She didnt quite get that it was part of the ride. I am sure pirates of the carribean would just look totally wrong in bright lights.

We went over to Frontier land

disney2008032.jpg

The wait for big thunder mountain was 30 mins, me and my dd and my cousins sone stood in line, he then decided it was to long to wait so left the line, I personally think it was more bacause he was to scared and wanted to do it with his mam. My dd loved the ride, we did baby swap and my cousin went on with her son. He said it was really scary, my dd didnt agree at all, she just said it was fun.

At some point in the day we saw the character express

disney2008033.jpg

disney2008034.jpg

disney2008035.jpg

I cant remember what else we did, in know sometime that day we had our meal in toad hall, me and my dd shared fish and chips, she couldnt really eat anything else and didnt like fish so she mainly ate a few chips. Luckily I brought her some snack so she was happy with that.

Day 2 part 4

We then staked out our spot for the parade, we really enjoyed that, the pre halloween bit had super music.

disney2008036.jpg

disney2008037.jpg

disney2008038.jpg

disney2008039.jpg

disney2008041.jpg

disney2008042.jpg

disney2008043.jpg

disney2008044.jpg

disney2008045.jpg

disney2008046.jpg

disney2008047.jpg

disney2008048.jpg

disney2008049.jpg

disney2008050.jpg

disney2008051.jpg

disney2008052.jpg

disney2008053.jpg

disney2008054.jpg

disney2008055.jpg

disney2008056.jpg

disney2008057.jpg

disney2008058.jpg

disney2008059.jpg

Day 2 part 5

disney2008060.jpg

disney2008061.jpg

disney2008062.jpg

disney2008063.jpg

disney2008064.jpg

i cant remember what we did after that, i think we may have gone over to do buzz and orbitron again.

We left the park at half 6 as I wanted to get to annettes diner hopefully avoiding a long queue. On the way out we pretended to be rich people and had a looksie in the disneyland hotel! I asked my dd would she like to stay in this hotel sometime, she replied, no as it had a funny smell. I told her it smells of money dear!

disney2008065.jpg

disney2008066.jpg

disney2008067.jpg

We waited for a short while at Annettes and were seated. I had the euro chick meal, my cousin and her ds had the meal where if you eat it all you get a free shake, they were out of shakes though so they could get a sundae. My cousin started tucking into hers, looked at the burger, and claimed it was pink inside, I said well ask for it well done. Her ds said how were they supposed to know to ask for it. I said i couldnt do anything, we had never ate there before so it was as new to us as it was to them. My dd had a kids hot dog meal, she ate the chips and that was it! My cousin shared her meal with her dd (baby) and she finished it, I thought that was cheating, she got the sundae for her ds, but he didnt manage to finish his meal.

We went back to the hotel, while she bathed her kids, I got my dd to sleep. This was one problem we had on the trip, my dd went to sleep at aorund 10, considering she had been up since 7 in the morning and done all the walking we had done, my cousin claimed it was still early and made no attempt to keep her kids calm and respect the fact that my dd was sleeping.

Wow fantastic photos!!!

The grey beastie guy is the leader of the Huns, from Mulan.
And the guy in the red tunic is Gaston, from Beauty and the Beast :goodvibes .

I can't help thinking your DD was really brave, being so close to the pumpkin statues when she was initially so scared of them. Good on her - and well done you for getting her through it :hug:

Tetley

I think your DD did extremely well considering the circumstances. My DD1 (3.5 years) was a little reluctant of the decs to begin with and there were more by the time you went. I don't think she would have liked the Halloween parade at all but then I suppose with music etc she may have been OK.

As for your SIL - I think 10 pm is more than reasonable to go to bed! Kids need rest!!! I would have liked to have been in bed by that time some nights I can tell you but I had to be up to (dream) feed the baby at 11 pm so it wasn't worth going to bed before then!!

Your photos are great :)

Dont let the photos fool you, it was a really hard job, it took well over 10 minutes to calm her down and that was with an awful lot of bribery and bigging her up. I can seem quite harsh with her when we get these phases where she is fearful of things but if I didnt do what I do she would be a nervous quivering wreck.

I am one who believes that if the fear is of something that really is not worth being fearful over, then she has to get over it, as that is just life.

I know my way of doing things is not right for every child but it is best for my dd.

She was very proud of herself and knows she has been really brave though.

wow that was a fantastic day!!! i loved all the pics. i cant wait for tomorrow. my dd (22 months) keeps saying more more and wants to see all the pics again. ten isnt that early for kids to go to bed, i could only imagine that you would be exhausted after all that walking

That's a fantastic report, thanks. :goodvibes
Well done to you (for being strong) and your daughter for being so brave - I imagine your whole holiday would have been a lot different if you had not been so firm on that first day and your daughter found such courage.
This is another report that convinces me I should never attempt to visit DLRP with family or friends - no matter how well we get on at home. :scared: Going to bed at 10pm is entirely sensible to me.

Your photos are brilliant - I am really looking forward to watching the villains show and the parade now.

Well done to your DD, she did really well. Lovely photos. Your cousin could have just asked if they could have cooked the burger a bit longer. We have done this when we 1st went & it was no problem to do. Rule of thumb is that if it involves steak or ground beef ask for it well done.

Aww fantastic trip report & pictures. Well done to your DD too - you managed to take so many pictures of her with the decs considering how scared she was!

I think that's why we will never travel with family - it's really hard work! We've only been away with my mum before (not to Disney but elsewhere) and even that is quite hard work. My brother has asked us to go on hols with them and while we are quite tolerant in general, I know that we will never ever be able to go away with them. They'd drive us mental!

Your DD is so sweet and so brave :grouphug:

I don't think we could holiday with family or friends now either, especially to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter