9/7/06 10 night Wonder Southern Caribbean "Cruising in WONDERland!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the links are working now.

The cabin tour lets you see one stateroom in each category, to see the size and layout. I hope we get to see the Walt or Roy suite! It's nice to actually see the rooms, better than the pictures/layouts you see online.

Hi....this is Marilee posting from my friend Kim's computer. Kim will be my companion on the Wonder voyage. I've now got her all set up to be able to come here and post and read.

I am gathering names as they trickle in from PM's, and will post a preliminary list sometime next month. Since I will have the list, I will volunteer to link those folks dinner reservations that want me to do so. I will need your registration numbers for that, I believe. I think it would be great fun to have one corner of the dining room with everyone within shouting distance.

I will be checking in here at Kim's computer off and on for the next several days. I have taken off to my old home for one last hurrah! of summer before returning to work. My DH is a high school principal and is already hard at work, so I wanted one last week to play.

Marilee :flower:

MissKim said:
Hi....this is Marilee posting from my friend Kim's computer. Kim will be my companion on the Wonder voyage. I've now got her all set up to be able to come here and post and read.

I am gathering names as they trickle in from PM's, and will post a preliminary list sometime next month. Since I will have the list, I will volunteer to link those folks dinner reservations that want me to do so. I will need your registration numbers for that, I believe. I think it would be great fun to have one corner of the dining room with everyone within shouting distance.

I will be checking in here at Kim's computer off and on for the next several days. I have taken off to my old home for one last hurrah! of summer before returning to work. My DH is a high school principal and is already hard at work, so I wanted one last week to play.

Thanks for the update Marilee! Wow! a whole extra week!! :earboy2:

I'm getting excited to start seeing the list... and especially watching it grow. Say Hi to Kim from Kim :rotfl:

gabbysmom04 said:
cabin tours sound really fun! I would love to see all the staterooms.

Same here... I'm sure that the virtual tours on the website do not do them justice. :cloud9:

I know that a couple of us have been interested in letting some of our children be penpals before the cruise. I see the benefits as 1) they get to establish friendships before the vacation and 2) they get to practice their writing and reading skills :teacher:

Should we establish some sort of list for those parents that have kids that want to participate? This would require giving out your snail mail address though. How does everyone feel about this? Of course they wouldn't be listed online or anything just pm'd or emailed to the appropriate person.

I know that DD is going to be mailing out her first letter today!

It is Marilee/MissEeyore posting agin from Kim's 'puter. We had a really good time today, wandering about the huge sale at JoAnn Fabric. We foiund so much that we could use for door decorating....and all the papers and stickers and stuff were 40% off. There is a ton of Disney scrapbook stuff out there. I am hoping to provide an activity onboard that we have used at various conferences, kind of a get-to-know-you, and then on-going contact. It is a simple game of tag. We'll provide an object, probably a magnet, that will appear on your door, and you know that "tag...you're it." You then will sign the "tag" and have to tag someone who hasn't signed the tag. It maight go round our group several times during a 10-day cruise. It's just a fun little game.

Kim and I are going to do our very best to convice my other best friend to join us. I regularly travel with both of them, separately, so it would be fun to have us all together. But the three of us might just have too much fun! We're taking her out to dinner on Monday to sell the cruise.

Is anyone else on cruising with small children? Mine will be DD2 and DS who will be around 10 months at the time of the cruise.

My mom and dad just booked 2 rooms (one for me and one for them) on this cruise. They are currently on the DCL ship crossing through the Panama Canal. I haven't cruise since October '04 so I am really looking forward to this cruise!!!! Now I just have to pay my mom back the deposit!!!! I have been on the Magic the last 3 times and haven't been on the Wonder for about 4 years.....can't wait to get back on.

Welcome Heidi and parents! Be sure to pm us (me) with all your details so we can add you to the fun. Since your parents are on the repo they might have even more fun ideas for us to explore. Are they a part of the DIS repo crew?

Yes, my mom is the one that got me hooked on the DIS. Her DIS name is jiminyC_fan. I am not sure what rooms they booked yet, but they should be back on Sunday!!

I know that also 2 other DISers booked this cruise as well. We tend to cruise with them everytime. They are great friends/family, their DIS names are the DisneyDudettes.

I really did have to search low to find our thread......low on the second page. We have to get chatting ! We are, after all, the FIRST of the two special itineraries. Check out the 11-day thread and see what excited and pre-planning looks like.......we can do it! There are lots of wonderful people we are all going to meet here and wonderful memories to plan for.

So lets keep our thread active and easy to find....there near the top of the cruise meets list.

Miss Eeyore said:
I really did have to search low to find our thread......low on the second page. We have to get chatting ! We are, after all, the FIRST of the two special itineraries. Check out the 11-day thread and see what excited and pre-planning looks like.......we can do it! There are lots of wonderful people we are all going to meet here and wonderful memories to plan for.

So lets keep our thread active and easy to find....there near the top of the cruise meets list.

Marilee you are absolutely right! Thank you for the reminder. I've been very busy working on the house getting ready for our hopeful move to FL although now with gas going up I'm not so sure I want to see the moving van bill... :rotfl: but we are only going to do it once.

I have been working on the Tshirt design and promise to get something up soon!

landmark said:
Marilee you are absolutely right! Thank you for the reminder. I've been very busy working on the house getting ready for our hopeful move to FL although now with gas going up I'm not so sure I want to see the moving van bill... :rotfl: but we are only going to do it once.

I have been working on the Tshirt design and promise to get something up soon!

Kimberly- Where in Florida are you moving? We have not been posting lately because of work and the other two DCL cruises we are booked for. We are kind of hooked on DCL. If no one else is doing name tags, we can do name tags and lanyards. Let us know what we can do. Alex (and Carolyn)

first timers said:
Kimberly- Where in Florida are you moving? We have not been posting lately because of work and the other two DCL cruises we are booked for. We are kind of hooked on DCL. If no one else is doing name tags, we can do name tags and lanyards. Let us know what we can do. Alex (and Carolyn)

We are probably going to be in the Leesburg area. :banana: Name tags and lanyards sounds great to me! I've noticed your DCL addiction... :earboy2: Lucky you! If you have to be addicted to something might as well be DCL! pirate:

Hello "First-ers"-

Lanyards and name tags sound great!

Do I have your info yet for the roster?

Off topic....well not really.......I found the most wonderful piggy bank yesterday at a gift shop where I had won a gift certificate. It says "Cruise Fund" and is exactly DCL colors. I am sending it off to my cabin-mate Kim....a thank you for ALL that she does for me.

Miss Eeyore said:
Hello "First-ers"-

Lanyards and name tags sound great!

Do I have your info yet for the roster?

I thought I would work off of the roster you have started. Alex
:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter