9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

LOL I enjoy the packing -- it's the unpacking I hate! Somehow I always end up with one bench in my bedroom that takes 3 months after a trip to clear entirely. :crazy2:

Especially if it at the point of changing seasons and you return with summer stuff but you are in winter clothing LOL. I like unpacking to see all the brochures and souvenirs we brought back.

Greeting! Just found this board yesterday. We signed up for this cruise in July and trying to get all squared away. Please add us to your list, Colleen and my DH, Jim. Our college daughters are mad they can't join us. This will be our 14th DCL and first TA. We are in cabin 5000. Get into Barcelona on Sept 14 and staying at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona. Still need to plan transfers and tours in Barcelona. I've been trying to catch-up on all the messages in the thread...lot of great info. can't wait for this trip

LOL I enjoy the packing -- it's the unpacking I hate! Somehow I always end up with one bench in my bedroom that takes 3 months after a trip to clear entirely. :crazy2:
I'm worse! I literally just unpacked the last suitcase from our DCL from last Oct. that's been sitting in my bedroom! It had our pirate costumes, FE, FE gifts that were extra that we gave and FE gifts that we received that we didn't know what to do with right away (some ended going to the recycle :oops:). I think that's my record!

Hi all! Making the best of a bad situation here....been stuck at home for four days due to hurricane Harvey. Took the time to organize my postcards. One thing off the list!

Not done this one before, but I think the crew can't go ashore on each port and after this cruise the Magic won't be in Europe for half a year. So I'm pretty sure they won't have to much use for Euro's (although it would be a lot easier for us..)

I always tip room service dollars. If we were in Europe after the cruise (like if it was the EBTA) I would probably think about tipping Euros

Greeting! Just found this board yesterday. We signed up for this cruise in July and trying to get all squared away. Please add us to your list, Colleen and my DH, Jim. Our college daughters are mad they can't join us. This will be our 14th DCL and first TA. We are in cabin 5000. Get into Barcelona on Sept 14 and staying at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona. Still need to plan transfers and tours in Barcelona. I've been trying to catch-up on all the messages in the thread...lot of great info. can't wait for this trip

Welcome!

Hi all! Making the best of a bad situation here....been stuck at home for four days due to hurricane Harvey. Took the time to organize my postcards. One thing off the list!

Hope everyone's safe but a very productive use of your time.

Welcome aboard. I will add you to the stateroom list on page one, but the postcard exchange list was closed on 8/11 (to give people time to buy and organize).

I hope you and your family are okay and you didn't suffer any losses. Take care -- thoughts are with you for sure.

Only 10 working days left before our cruise! I'm in full count down mode! We planned a spa day the day before we leave because we had free entrance and this worked out best, I'm so ready to relax!

:cool1:

Only 10 working days left before our cruise! I'm in full count down mode! We planned a spa day the day before we leave because we had free entrance and this worked out best, I'm so ready to relax!

I have 10 too as off day before to sort housework and final few things. Having my nails done that day so should be all ready to go the next :D

Oh, good one on doing your nails! I should do that the weekend before too!
Only 9 days and half an hour left ;) But I'm currently a bit annoyed, they changed our return flight to 24 hours earlier! I called and said I was not ok with that. They are sorting it out and I'm waiting for them to get back to me (check e-mail every 2 min).

Holy mackerel -- that is a drastic difference -- to move the flight by a whole day. They have to sort it out as that would cause you to loose a day of planned vacation. Let us know how it goes.

Lol, I empty the entire contents of our luggage in the living room and hallway, annoy myself to bits with it being there for almost a week, get angry, and clear everything ;)

I am a bit weird. I have to unpack and sort the dirty laundry when we get home from our trips. I have separate bags for different types of wash so I don't have to sort more.

Hi and welcome! I did buy extra postcards for those "just in case" scenarios. I think you just became one so I added you to my personal spreadsheet. It's our first TA as well but our 11th DCL. We arrive the afternoon of the 13th.

Oh my goodness! I hope you and everyone around you is safe.

My husband started this countdown about a month ago. I had to tell him to stop because I was working on weekends to meet project deadlines. I *think* things are on track now so I want to say for us it is 9 working days, including today. I am beyond excited!

I will... Doubt I'll hear back from them today. The stupid thing is, the original flight is still available to book! So I have no idea why it was changed and if it was really changed or they booked the wrong flight (On the website of the company we booked with it does show the correct date, but on the site of the airline it does not, I only found out by accident while checking the amount of luggage for the flight!)

Any update? Hope they have sorted it! This is not the type of stress you need. I had this issue a few years back (they had changed time and not notified) but it was only around 12 hour difference. As booked directly with airline they really were helpful (accept or cancel) so ended up changing airlines. At least from the sounds yours is being dealt with by someone so I'm hopeful they will sort you out! Let us know how it goes.

No, I haven't heart back. I did check out the current prices and they aren't really back, they went up by 100 euro's per person, so not crazy. I stated clearly in the phone call that I won't accept a 24 hour time change because we have a hotel and rental car. But if they won't manage they'll have to cancel and I'll book something else, there are enough options left. I'm just glad I spotted it! We would have been on the airport 24 hours too late otherwise! If we have to book new flight, maybe our insurance could pay the difference.
The option I gave them was a day later, but my boyfriend doesn't really want that because his brother and family are flying to China and we're supported to have dinner with them the day we return, otherwise we won't see them before their trip.

Seeing that the website of the company we booked with did have the correct date and the fact that there are plenty of options still available really calmed me down, we'll get home someway or the other ;)

well hopefully they will be in touch today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter