9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

I'm SO glad!! Now I feel like the first day on the ship can be happy and calm! :cloud9:

Completely the same here! I had "scheduled" going and looking at tastings in but now I don't have to!

I've been trying to book one. but it wouldn't list the availability. I tried to reopen my browser and now, when i click activities "book now" link, it takes me to the disney cruise homepage

I had so many issues last night it just kept crashing (I guess everyone went on in a mad rush :D). Eventually though it let me - booked 2 Mixology for now

LOL I can't believe I missed your post :)

lol don't worry better to get the info on here twice than not at all! I was just way too excited!

I can only get the beverage tastings to show up if I go under "search all days", not if I go under a specific day. Fun stuff! :drinking1

See I had the opposite issue! When I did "search all days" it came up with nothing but going in each day showed them. I think the system has gone mad.

I think we lost a lot of people who signed up for the postcard exchange to either busy lives or other social media. Since many have disappeared from this thread, I am going to pass on joining.

If you want to know who we are (in case you see us around the ship), I wrote an ABD trip report with photos.

I don't think this group is as active as others have been but I'm still doing the postcard exchange. I'm sure that it will be a lot of fun.

Hi everybody. Thanks for the informational pm's.

No tastings for me - one Konk Kooler on castaway cay is about my limit of alcohol consumption. Wine would be my tipple of choice if I wasn't sensitive to the sufites.

I might bring post cards, and pins, and recipes and even FE gifts but except for the recipes, i'm not signing up for any exchanges - not much of a "collector" of stuff, at this stage in life. More eager to make kiddos smile by surprising them, ykim?

Excited for doing the northern route this year. Chirpie, i'm off to read your trip report, if I can find it.

I think we lost a lot of people who signed up for the postcard exchange to either busy lives or other social media. Since many have disappeared from this thread, I am going to pass on joining.

If you want to know who we are (in case you see us around the ship), I wrote an ABD trip report with photos.

THIS IS A VERY GOOD POINT -- if anyone listed on page one for either postcard exchange or stateroom list is still checking here but not posting, PLEASE let me know if you are still (1) interested in the postcard exchange and/or (2) even still going on this sailing. And if anyone on this thread knows for sure of anyone on page one who is no longer going, please let me know so I can remove their information.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

DH and I are still here, still going on the cruise, and still interested in the Postcard exchange. I've been busy with other things.

My current quest is to find a towncar service to get from the New York port to home in South Jersey. Some of the prices are, shall we say, "interesting".

Kathy

DH and I are still here, still going on the cruise, and still interested in the Postcard exchange. I've been busy with other things.

My current quest is to find a towncar service to get from the New York port to home in South Jersey. Some of the prices are, shall we say, "interesting".

Kathy

Even for us, a 20 minute ride from the NY port, the prices are up there so I can't imagine how much your trip costs.

I think that the FE in place of tipping thread really soured me on group participation.

We are still on the cruise! I'm not interested in the postcard exchange but I seem to remember that some children are collecting postcards? I would be glad to bring a few for kids if there is a way to find out which cabins have kid collectors.

Kathy

We tried that last time we debarked in NYC and found very few services that went all the way to our house. Trains are out -- to much changing and lugging baggage and costs. The best option -- and cheapest we found -- is to do a one-way rental from Hertz -- there's one a few blocks from the port. Much more cost effective. We took a taxi to the office and were on the road in no time.

Even for us, a 20 minute ride from the NY port, the prices are up there so I can't imagine how much your trip costs.

I think that the FE in place of tipping thread really soured me on group participation.

Curious -- what does that mean "FE in place of tipping" -- you mean they voted to do FE and not tip the crew? If that's the case, that would be so wrong!

Curious -- what does that mean "FE in place of tipping" -- you mean they voted to do FE and not tip the crew? If that's the case, that would be so wrong!

In a word, yes. I had several posts deleted (understandably) because I was shocked. I don't want to let down any kids. Thanks for that reminder, @Gilland18.

So I will do it; I'm not going to let one person's behavior ruin it for other people. You can add us to the postcard exchange. Carol & Dan, stateroom 5126. :)

In a word, yes. I had several posts deleted (understandably) because I was shocked. I don't want to let down any kids. Thanks for that reminder, @Gilland18.

So I will do it; I'm not going to let one person's behavior ruin it for other people. You can add us to the postcard exchange. Carol & Dan, stateroom 5126. :)

Done. I also updated your info in the stateroom list.

Im so shocked at this FE v tipping thing! People are so bloody weird! Basically that's someone not willing to pay for tipping and coming up with an excuse.

hello all! wanted to respond with Yes still going and Yes definitely participating in the post card exchange. thank you RedSox68 for keeping up with all this!

our family is still going on the cruise and so excited. we are also participating in the FE exchange that MonieS set up.

DH and I are still in for the cruise and still want to do the postcard exchange. Have one question about the postcard exchange though: what, if any info, do we include on the postcards? Sorry, not new to FE, but a newbie to the postcard exchange!

And I think I've missed a post but am appalled if what I read is true that some folk are leaving FE instead of tipping the crew??

We finally booked our lodgings in Barcelona. We are staying at Casa Mimosa. Now the quest begins to either book a town car from the port to JFK.

We finally booked our lodgings in Barcelona. We are staying at Casa Mimosa. Now the quest begins to either book a town car from the port to JFK.
we are staying at the Casa Mimosa as well. still not sure where we will stay in new york.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter