9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

I see the adventure I want. I see availability and select the time...but when i finally add to cart, it says "We're sorry, but there is no longer availability for this activity. Please select a different party size, time or activity."

Call Disney -- see if they can do it over the phone. Sometimes people are holding an excursion and it glitches online and won't let you get in to it.

Call Disney -- see if they can do it over the phone. Sometimes people are holding an excursion and it glitches online and won't let you get in to it.
i am on the phone with disney and they can't do port adventure reservations on the phone...sigh. they even had trouble getting into my reservation as i was locked out. i was passed on to their technical side. they too are having difficulties. I'm not sure what is going on.

Oh that sucks! We were able to get it! Probably more people trying it at the same time?
maybe others are trying at the same time. but i have been trying for several days. I have seen 9:00 availability for about a week. Now I see both 8:30 and 9:00 availability, but I just can't get to completion. fingers crossed that disney can figure it out (I'm still on hold)

I'm so happy this morning! The port adventure we wanted in Ponta Delgado was finally available! Will still need to keep checking for rum & rascals and Palo Brunch, but this excursion was on my must do list!

Glad at least one thing is sorted.

I see the adventure I want. I see availability and select the time...but when i finally add to cart, it says "We're sorry, but there is no longer availability for this activity. Please select a different party size, time or activity."

OK seriously thats frustrating! I hope you sort it!

Oh that sucks! We were able to get it! Probably more people trying it at the same time?

That's what I wondered.

@coni jo, I hope it works out for you and you're able to get the excursion before we board so you're not scrambling once onboard. Good luck!

maybe others are trying at the same time. but i have been trying for several days. I have seen 9:00 availability for about a week. Now I see both 8:30 and 9:00 availability, but I just can't get to completion. fingers crossed that disney can figure it out (I'm still on hold)

I really hope that whatever the glitch is you can get this straightened out -- or maybe they will open more slots if it's that popular!

Question: I've only ever flow direct to my international destination before, but for this trip, our flight changes in planes in London (Gatwick). My question is will we go through customs at that point or will will we do it when we arrive in Barcelona? I'm trying to choose a pick-up time for our hotel transfer at the airport and have no idea if we're going to have to go through customs once we arrive or if we will have done in in London (me thinks it'll be London but I'm not 100% sure). Thanks!

You'll check your bags in at your departure point and won't pick them up until you get to your final destination. You go through customs after you get your bags back. That's how it normally works, if your luggage isn't lost of course.

I don't want to panic anyone but I have a friendly word of advice, pack AT LEAST one change of clothing in your carry-on bag. Our luggage was lost last time we went on a WBTA. I had one change each thankfully but we were without it for 2 days while we were in Barcelona. We had to buy a few things to tide us over but were really sweating it, heading to the port before it was "found". Thank goodness it arrived at the ship before we left for 14 days. It just barely made it, getting to our cabin 30 minutes prior to sail away. I ended up buying a few tops, underwear and toiletries. It was miserable having to go out for that instead of sightseeing. I had a frequent shopper card at the Cort de Ingles that I didn't anticipate having.

Fool me once though, in September, I'm carrying on several changes and all of our underwear along with a separate set of travel-sized toiletries so not to be caught if lightning strikes us a second time. I made my own airline arrangements but informed Disney of the luggage delay the night before we were supposed to leave. I truly believe that Disney helped get our luggage there on time. We did have friends on a different airline that had a similar thing happen. They never got their luggage, the entire trip! We felt terrible for them but they made the best of the situation.

You'll check your bags in at your departure point and won't pick them up until you get to your final destination. You go through customs after you get your bags back. That's how it normally works, if your luggage isn't lost of course.

I don't want to panic anyone but I have a friendly word of advice, pack AT LEAST one change of clothing in your carry-on bag. Our luggage was lost last time we went on a WBTA. I had one change each thankfully but we were without it for 2 days while we were in Barcelona. We had to buy a few things to tide us over but were really sweating it, heading to the port before it was "found". Thank goodness it arrived at the ship before we left for 14 days. It just barely made it, getting to our cabin 30 minutes prior to sail away. I ended up buying a few tops, underwear and toiletries. It was miserable having to go out for that instead of sightseeing. I had a frequent shopper card at the Cort de Ingles that I didn't anticipate having.

Fool me once though, in September, I'm carrying on several changes and all of our underwear along with a separate set of travel-sized toiletries so not to be caught if lightning strikes us a second time. I made my own airline arrangements but informed Disney of the luggage delay the night before we were supposed to leave. I truly believe that Disney helped get our luggage there on time. We did have friends on a different airline that had a similar thing happen. They never got their luggage, the entire trip! We felt terrible for them but they made the best of the situation.

Not only do we pack one day's worth of clothes and our toothbrushes in our carry-on bags, but we split our clothes between two suitcases--my husband has half of mine, and I have half of his.
We only do this when we fly to a destination; we don't do it on the way home.

Question: I've only ever flow direct to my international destination before, but for this trip, our flight changes in planes in London (Gatwick). My question is will we go through customs at that point or will will we do it when we arrive in Barcelona? I'm trying to choose a pick-up time for our hotel transfer at the airport and have no idea if we're going to have to go through customs once we arrive or if we will have done in in London (me thinks it'll be London but I'm not 100% sure). Thanks!

It sounds like you're not changing planes at LHR (aka direct), right? Your bag should be checked all the way through to BCN and remain on the plane with you. Even when we did plane changes (1 stop) before our final airport, we did not have to go through customs again because we and our bags were checked through on the same airline.

Not only do we pack one day's worth of clothes and our toothbrushes in our carry-on bags, but we split our clothes between two suitcases--my husband has half of mine, and I have half of his.
We only do this when we fly to a destination; we don't do it on the way home.

We always split our clothes and shoes going -- if one suitcase gets lost, at least we all have something to wear!

I will still be participating in the postcard exchange. I haven't been on here in a while, I need go back back through the posts and see what I missed since I last posted. We did get signed up for the drink tastings we wished to do, got all excursions booked. Don't really want to book Palo's for dinner. We have all flights set, hotel in Barcelona. I am getting so excited I am so ready to go after having booked this cruise so long ago.

We are also in cabin 7030 if you would wish to update us on the list. I see someone also on the rollcall is next to our cabin, but not confirmed if still going.

I have been focused a bit more on the group on the other unmentionable sight and I kind of keep forgetting about these threads. I booked 2 FE groups with the other, so I think I will just stick with the postcard within this group. Got a bunch of things I still need to get together.

Bought myself some new clothing with Disney characters on it to wear for the trip.

Last edited:

Last time, we changed planes in Dublin. Our bags went straight through, so we did not have to retrieve them until Barcelona. However, we did have to go through customs in Dublin and again in Barcelona. I think we were in an expedited customs in Dublin. They had two separate lines for travelers, and I believe ours was if you were just getting a connecting flight.

Last time, we changed planes in Dublin. Our bags went straight through, so we did not have to retrieve them until Barcelona. However, we did have to go through customs in Dublin and again in Barcelona. I think we were in an expedited customs in Dublin. They had two separate lines for travelers, and I believe ours was if you were just getting a connecting flight.
This is super helpful--thanks (and to all who replied)! It will help with giving an estimate for our driver. Although part of me feels like just grabbing a taxi when we get there!

I will still be participating in the postcard exchange. I haven't been on here in a while, I need go back back through the posts and see what I missed since I last posted. We did get signed up for the drink tastings we wished to do, got all excursions booked. Don't really want to book Palo's for dinner. We have all flights set, hotel in Barcelona. I am getting so excited I am so ready to go after having booked this cruise so long ago.

We are also in cabin 7030 if you would wish to update us on the list. I see someone also on the rollcall is next to our cabin, but not confirmed if still going.

I have been focused a bit more on the group on the other unmentionable sight and I kind of keep forgetting about these threads. I booked 2 FE groups with the other, so I think I will just stick with the postcard within this group. Got a bunch of things I still need to get together.

Bought myself some new clothing with Disney characters on it to wear for the trip.

I have updated page one with your Stateroom info and confirmed you under the postcard exchange.

Hi,
We are still in for this cruise and for the postcard exchange !
Can't wait to start :-)

Page one is updated that you have confirmed for both.

Some are asking me about a final list. Not sure how to accomplish that if I don't get confirmation from everyone on page one. Is it worth it for me to PM those who have not confirmed? I'd be glad to if it would help everyone know where the postcard exchange stands.

Page one is updated that you have confirmed for both.

Some are asking me about a final list. Not sure how to accomplish that if I don't get confirmation from everyone on page one. Is it worth it for me to PM those who have not confirmed? I'd be glad to if it would help everyone know where the postcard exchange stands.

That would be nice, but a lot of work for you. What are our other, reasonable options? I suppose minimum spec would be that folks who have confirmed give postcards to the others who have confirmed. If people want to give to folks who signed up but did not confirm, that could be entirely optional?

Just talking through ideas. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!