8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK...no wonder I had never heard of it.

Also known as yupster (yuppie + hipster), yindie (yuppie + indie), and alterna-yuppie. Our preferred term, grup, is taken from an episode of Star Trek (keep reading) in which Captain Kirk et al. land on a planet of children who rule the world, with no adults in sight. The kids call Kirk and the crew “grups,” which they eventually figure out is a contraction of “grown-ups.” It turns out that all the grown-ups had died from a virus that greatly slows the aging process and kills anybody who grows up.

DING DING DING DING DING!!

But you are all so nice and fun!

I guess the alternative is to be one of the folks MR keeps running into.....

not a tough choice.

Do you mean the one she should have done this to?
8.gif

Thanks fwe the B-day wishes. I DO appreciate your congratualtory thoughts! And on the winner having the most T-shirts.... well... I got a long way to go before I can compete with ANYONE on that front. The last bike race I was in was a fund raiser for MS - a 200 mile bike ride from Orange County to San Diego. I got HIT by a car at the 87 mile point and broke my left hip and right wrist. Plus a $$$+ bike was wrecked! I don't regret riding to raise money to help others - I DO have regrets at being hit by someone who had been in an accident only 60 days earlier - and had no insurance. Fortunately, I had a little uninsured motorist coverage which paid me a maximum claim - which was enough to cover my medical bills and leave some consulaton funds for my lost time.

YIKES!!! Glad you were OK...eventually.
We have lots and lots of trails here. One parallels the highway for about 15 miles (at a same distance from the road). The only catch is that I can't ride my racing bike - too much muck and slush, so I'm riding my mountain bike. Not ideal for speed. Yeah, that's it, I can blame the bike.

Isn't it hard to bike under water? :rotfl:

:banana:

Harder than you think.

You're sending that crap to us! My latest forecast - 2-4 inches tonight with another 1-3 tomorrow morning! I'll meet you in PA - you won't miss me - I'll be the one with the pot to make the stew in!

Lisa has a recipe.

Wow, two swims and a bike.....?

OK, too much multi-tasking. 13 mile run.

I know!!!! Reading what she does wears me out. I wish I had her energy. :goodvibes

It's all the energy I save by not ironing.
or scrapbooking.

It's all the energy I save by not ironing.
or scrapbooking.

LOL! I did pull out the wrinkle release that I have for trips the other day & used it on several shirts right out of the dryer...saving myself a lot of ironing. Guess that I will have to invest in more. :goodvibes There were a few things that it wouldn't work on but it still cut back the ironing pile considerably.

Summary 53,001 to 54,000

Wenches minds in the sewer
Swimming lessons and demonstrations
Four letter words (sn*w)
Pork roll, what is it?
Pensions and benefits
Newbie asking "Can I get a room on this cruise?"
School boards, school at home and school of fish (ok, no fish)
Newbies to torture (or welcome)
Pic of one of our wenches getting a quick hula lesson in a coconut bra
What would you do with 400 bricks (make a platform for the blender?)
Rodeo!
Noreaster and 4 letter word (sn*w)
"Girls Gone Wild - DIS Obsessed Moms" Edition
"Not that we aren't all hot, sexy, milfs but who's gonna buy that video???"
Jonesing & Gabbie are paying for our TOAL!!!!

Andy (Verandah Man) wakes up late and sneaks in for the pirate:
Wenches: 33 Jack: 4 Swabbies: 160 Evil Twins: 1 (wonder if I just add a few for swabbies would anyone notice?) No one has noticed yet!!!!

It has been killing me hearing stories of people traveling for spring break, had the travel bug pretty bad the last couple of weeks. Problem is DW and I work opposite shifts (to take care of the kids) so we don't get many days off together. Yesterday DW got "Called Off" not enough babies for her to take care of, so :cool1: off to Santa Barbara we went. About an hour up the coast from here with a beautiful drive along the ocean. Had lunch at our favorite place, Brophy Bros which is located on the harbor overlooking all of the boats. This place makes us feel like we have traveled to somewhere far away but only 1 hour away. Afterward the kids got to play on the beach. Weather was beautiful as well high 60's.
P4100003.jpg

View from Brophy Bros.
P4100010.jpg

Empty beach
P4100011.jpg

Girls playing in the freezing ocean (50's)

WOW, and I thought the 72* water temp at De Leon Springs was cold last week...................:eek:

I went from being late to being premature..... is that an improvement?:rotfl2:

:lmao: :lmao: :scared1: :scared1: :lmao: :lmao:

One of these days I am going to short out the keyboard or monitor. How do I explain that to IS..........

Hello :surfweb:

You're sending that crap to us! My latest forecast - 2-4 inches tonight with another 1-3 tomorrow morning! I'll meet you in PA - you won't miss me - I'll be the one with the pot to make the stew in!
I'll meet you guys there! When we're done with Phil we need to find his handlers too!

Should I be worried or scared that I moved into the top 40?
Ummm, maybe a little of both! ;)

Are you there yet?
:yay: You go girl! :yay:

I went from being late to being premature..... is that an improvement?:rotfl2:
I guess that all depends on your perspective! :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter