8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
wicked.jpg

To any in Socal who are live stage enthusiasts... we tried the "Wicked Deal" and here are the details ...

A variable number of front row tickets go on sale lottery style 2 hours before the performance. Entries for this lottery begin 2.5 hours before the show everyday. Tix normally are about $95 or so and these "WICKED DEAL" tix will be sold at $25 cash each. Winners may purchase one or two tix... and indicate so on thier lottery entries.

... on the day we tried to get them they announced 26 tix were available. The day before they had 130 people in the lottery and they suggested about 100 would go for these 27 tix they had. Everyone had to wrte their names on a ticket stub and be on hand to claim their prize and pay in cash if their name was drawn. Anyone entering had to be present and my 6 year old got to enter as well provided she personally write her name on the entry stub. We did not win - and one couple won twice... they were gonna hurry up and invite another couple to join them... it was not us though (RATS!). <chuckles>

At any rate, we're gonna try again and again as time permits. We have to mix it with other activities in the area as the likelihood of winning is not really high - and we must have a useful objective to justify the visit into the area.

Good luck. I'm going on the 28th! Of course, I bought the tickets back in November. DH and I saw Wicked in LA almost two years ago. It's a great show. I believe it's on indefinate stay in LA. Are you is a big hurry to see it? There have to be tickets available later in the year.

We have our annual Fiesta Days parade and rodeo this weekend.
My one and only weekend to pretend to be a cowgirl.

Our town is one of those little western tourist towns. All the fake storefronts and everything.

On my list places to visit/go to someday is a real western ghost town.

OK...

I'm losing this computer in a couple of minutes and here is the posting I was saving to pirate with... Maybe someone can "quote" me if they nab the 53,000th!

HAVE A GREAT DAY FOLKS!!!!

well...

Who got it?

pirate.gif

Is it time yet?

I'd be afraid...very afraid! It means you're becoming one of us!:lmao:

But you are all so nice and fun!

I guess the alternative is to be one of the folks MR keeps running into.....

not a tough choice.

Someone here MUST know that bit of trivia!!

OK...no wonder I had never heard of it.

Also known as yupster (yuppie + hipster), yindie (yuppie + indie), and alterna-yuppie. Our preferred term, grup, is taken from an episode of Star Trek (keep reading) in which Captain Kirk et al. land on a planet of children who rule the world, with no adults in sight. The kids call Kirk and the crew “grups,” which they eventually figure out is a contraction of “grown-ups.” It turns out that all the grown-ups had died from a virus that greatly slows the aging process and kills anybody who grows up.

Is it time for me to capture the pirate: + 1 that I seem to get lately?

OK...no wonder I had never heard of it.

Also known as yupster (yuppie + hipster), yindie (yuppie + indie), and alterna-yuppie. Our preferred term, grup, is taken from an episode of Star Trek (keep reading) in which Captain Kirk et al. land on a planet of children who rule the world, with no adults in sight. The kids call Kirk and the crew “grups,” which they eventually figure out is a contraction of “grown-ups.” It turns out that all the grown-ups had died from a virus that greatly slows the aging process and kills anybody who grows up.

I completely forgot about that episode! Yep, we're grups!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter