8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been killing me hearing stories of people traveling for spring break, had the travel bug pretty bad the last couple of weeks. Problem is DW and I work opposite shifts (to take care of the kids) so we don't get many days off together. Yesterday DW got "Called Off" not enough babies for her to take care of, so :cool1: off to Santa Barbara we went. About an hour up the coast from here with a beautiful drive along the ocean. Had lunch at our favorite place, Brophy Bros which is located on the harbor overlooking all of the boats. This place makes us feel like we have traveled to somewhere far away but only 1 hour away. Afterward the kids got to play on the beach. Weather was beautiful as well high 60's.
P4100003.jpg

View from Brophy Bros.
P4100010.jpg

Empty beach
P4100011.jpg

Girls playing in the freezing ocean (50's)

It has been killing me hearing stories of people traveling for spring break, had the travel bug pretty bad the last couple of weeks. Problem is DW and I work opposite shifts (to take care of the kids) so we don't get many days off together. Yesterday DW got "Called Off" not enough babies for her to take care of, so :cool1: off to Santa Barbara we went. About an hour up the coast from here with a beautiful drive along the ocean. Had lunch at our favorite place, Brophy Bros which is located on the harbor overlooking all of the boats. This place makes us feel like we have traveled to somewhere far away but only 1 hour away. Afterward the kids got to play on the beach. Weather was beautiful as well high 60's.
P4100003.jpg

View from Brophy Bros.
P4100010.jpg

Empty beach
P4100011.jpg

Love the pics.......TFS

P4100003.jpg

View from Brophy Bros.
P4100010.jpg

Empty beach
P4100011.jpg

Good morning Neighbor!

I am peaked with interest about Brophy Bros! In all our years we've never noticed this place before and it sure sounds exciting to try! So we'll have to give it a swing some time soon!

resturant_sunset.jpg
lrg_RESTAURANT_6000.jpg

Guess I should post that I am going groundhog hunting. Took me over an hour and a half to do what is usually a 40 minute drive due to the wet snow / slush mix and the IDIOTS on the roads this morning. I counted four accidents on I-355, all of which I am sure were caused by one moron driving way too slow and another driving way too fast. (Like the dip I got behind going 20 with his blinkers on in a 45 zone near my house, causing a backup as everyone tried to get around him. At that speed, you are never going to get to work anyway, so why bother?)

Anyway, end of rant. I am going to head out to PA this weekend, find Phil and stew him. Early Spring, my left....foot.

:banana:

You're sending that crap to us! My latest forecast - 2-4 inches tonight with another 1-3 tomorrow morning! I'll meet you in PA - you won't miss me - I'll be the one with the pot to make the stew in!

P4100003.jpg

View from Brophy Bros.
P4100010.jpg

Empty beach
P4100011.jpg

Beautiful!

wicked.jpg

To any in Socal who are live stage enthusiasts... we tried the "Wicked Deal" and here are the details ...

A variable number of front row tickets go on sale lottery style 2 hours before the performance. Entries for this lottery begin 2.5 hours before the show everyday. Tix normally are about $95 or so and these "WICKED DEAL" tix will be sold at $25 cash each. Winners may purchase one or two tix... and indicate so on thier lottery entries.

... on the day we tried to get them they announced 26 tix were available. The day before they had 130 people in the lottery and they suggested about 100 would go for these 27 tix they had. Everyone had to wrte their names on a ticket stub and be on hand to claim their prize and pay in cash if their name was drawn. Anyone entering had to be present and my 6 year old got to enter as well provided she personally write her name on the entry stub. We did not win - and one couple won twice... they were gonna hurry up and invite another couple to join them... it was not us though (RATS!). <chuckles>

At any rate, we're gonna try again and again as time permits. We have to mix it with other activities in the area as the likelihood of winning is not really high - and we must have a useful objective to justify the visit into the area.

Good Morning Everyone! It's gray here and will soon be a rain-s*** mix.

Guess I should post that I am going groundhog hunting. Took me over an hour and a half to do what is usually a 40 minute drive due to the wet snow / slush mix and the IDIOTS on the roads this morning. I counted four accidents on I-355, all of which I am sure were caused by one moron driving way too slow and another driving way too fast. (Like the dip I got behind going 20 with his blinkers on in a 45 zone near my house, causing a backup as everyone tried to get around him. At that speed, you are never going to get to work anyway, so why bother?)

Anyway, end of rant. I am going to head out to PA this weekend, find Phil and stew him. Early Spring, my left....foot.

Gee thanks for sending it my way! Can I be part of the Groundhog posse?
We have a resturaunt here called Kola's Kitchen and the ower is know for exotic dishes. The big deal here is Muskrat dinners. I bet he could cook up a mean groundhog stew!:lmao:

I wont tell ya what the temperature here is Andy.............Like ya too much !!!

Mark...........not FGM LOL

Be nice or Mother Nature will get ya when you get back to MI!

bigmp3alcohol.jpg

Drinking improves brain capacity.

A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular culling of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

:hippie:

17020.jpg

Good Morning Everyone! It's gray here and will soon be a rain-s*** mix.

Gee thanks for sending it my way! Can I be part of the Groundhog posse?
We have a resturaunt here called Kola's Kitchen and the ower is know for exotic dishes. The big deal here is Muskrat dinners. I bet he could cook up a mean groundhog stew!:lmao:

Be nice or Mother Nature will get ya when you get back to MI!

Here's a little something to encourage the meal...

cover_a_singalongstew2.jpg

And while we're on the subject...

... tangentially, I'd like to ask if anyone has any good advice on how to dispense with GOPHERS in the yard? I've had a set of gophers recently and they're tearing up the lawn and shurbbery. I tried "BOMBING" them out and it seems to just piss them off more!

gopher_cong_2.jpg

Monica----
Hope you had a great time at DL for your birthday. Help yourself to Roger's wifes wonderful looking cake. That just looks so good. YUM!!!!!! Defeating my diet too. Anyway I hope your day is filled with al kinds of great surprises.:hug:

diet-irony.gif

I've recently decided I'm going on a diet as I've noticed a bit of squeeze coming on with some of my clothes. Birthdays seem to amplify these discoveries it seems....

And as a footnote... the current pace of posting is gonna leave me no where near the next pirate osting if Idon't get some help soon ... cuz I'm going BACK to sleep in a few minutes... RATS!:surfweb:

Yeah...SS could come to our wedding 11 years ago because she was in college and BSM was none the wiser (Until aunt just told her). SS's wedding was two years ago in Oregon. DW flew 4,000+ miles roundtrip. SS was sure BSM would notice DW as a guest and felt pressured to be honest up front, so she told BSM that DW was coming, then BSM proclaimed to her family that there was a "wedding crasher" around. The Oregon wedding was outside, so DW could see from a distance, but definately stayed away from confrontation on her SS's wedding day. My DW used to resent the whole banishment, but she now thinks she was the lucky one after seeing the damage and therapy SS has had to go through. There's reason that SS is in Oregon now when BSM is in Florida.

Your DW is probably right. My sister is so screwed up from living close to the parents and she can't keep them out of her life.

OK...

I'm losing this computer in a couple of minutes and here is the posting I was saving to pirate with... Maybe someone can "quote" me if they nab the 53,000th!

HAVE A GREAT DAY FOLKS!!!!

well...

Who got it?

pirate.gif

Family dinamics can at times be so distructive. When my Dad passed away - the daughter of his 2nd wife - ( now she wasn't his step-daughter as they married when all children from each side were all adults/w/families ) - fought in court for 10 years to get a share of a property that my Dad held in trust for an elderly retarded cousin. It was so ugly. The saddest result was that her children and my children became alienated due to her greed. She lost her case and her children lost also.

That is just SICK!!! :sad2:

My office is another thing. Uncomfortably cold. Cold feet cold and no relief. So hard to sit and try to stay warm.

I've worked in a really cold office too.... Drive me nuts..

I keep a sweater and blanket here year round....

Although i'm kinds glad that the weather is cool right now because the building we just moved into doesn't have the chillers installed yet....(ie AC)

It was unbareable in here those coupld days we had 80 degree temps...

They tell us it will be installed by mid-May....

I absolutely HATE getting stuck behind someone who is numerically illiterate!!! When we first moved here I had to travel 40 minutes along a 2 lane road to work. Double yellow lines most of the way. :mad: At 7 am there shouldn't be anyone on the road who doesn't have anywhere to go. They should stay off the road until people have had the chance to get to work.

P4100003.jpg

View from Brophy Bros.

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! How great to have such a nice place to go on short notice so close by.

I've worked in a really cold office too.... Drive me nuts..

I keep a sweater and blanket here year round....

The last place I worked was so chilly...sometimes because the menapausal women kept turning down the heat or upped the a/c. The boss bought anyone who wanted one a heater with foot massage beads on the top. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter