5 days at WDW, which park to double up on

I agree, we double Magic Kingdom and then EPCOT. Unless you are trying to snag a Rise of the Resistance boarding pass, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom are not worth two days.

Since you are a Disneyland vet, I would double on what you don’t normally have access too...based on my research that is Epcot or AK...but with Covid....you may not need 2 days at AK, so I would prob pick Epcot...

I am going to be a voice of dissent here. If you are only there for 5 days, then I suggest a 4 day pass and taking a "chill" day. Explore Disney Springs and just hang out at the hotel pool. WDW is a much, much faster pace than DLR, you will need some down time.

On the other hand, if you feel you need to go to a park each day, I would double up on what ever park you went to on your arrival day, since there is a good chance you did not get a full day in.

Since it looks like you will be there in June, I'd go for the extra day at EPCOT. Use your first day to explore the park and use the second day as a pool in the morning and F&G marketplace graze in the afternoon and evening kind of day.

I also vote for EPCOT for the Flower & Garden extra and nothing is like it at DL. Same can be said for AK, and you could always make a switch after you visit each for their first day. It is DHS and MK that tend to fill first, so both should be available.

Epcot. I always feel like I could spend my whole trip there—so much to see there!

Although if ROTR is a big deal for you, you should do two HS days in case you miss getting a boarding group this firstday

We have 5 Disney park days in our upcoming trip and I made our 5th day at Hollywood Studios in case we don’t get ROTR on our first day. If we do get it the first day we’ll change it to MK or EP so long as they are still available.

I would say it depends on the ages of your party. For us, mother and adult son who have been going since my son was just shy of 3, MK is a half day park. In all fairness, even when my son was little it wasn't as big a draw for him at Epcot, he's a big fan of learning and loved talking to the CMs in the countries of Epcot about their country. So, if it's just adults, MK might not be a two day park. Who knows what the hours will be at the time of your visit but right now all of Epcot doesn't open until 11 and while there aren't really a whole lot of rides if you want to ride rides and visit the countries and do some booths, Epcot might be your choice. I agree you also might want to splurge and get hoppers, then for that free day you can book whatever and then hop. Pre-Covid we never planned our parks, always had hoppers but I always advised people who didn't want hoppers to wait to decide after they had visited all the parks then decide which one they felt they didn't to get more of. Not sure you could get a reservation now days last minute like that although you might could early in the trip if you knew you hadn't had enough of your first or second day park.

MK or Epcot. You can book MK for now if you are 50/50 between the two. You can probably get into Epcot last minute if you want to change as that park is huge/more capacity than MK. I would wait to add hoppers. You can see how you feel once you get there and if needed, add them at the park.

Last edited:
I would pick MK or HS. We love Epcot but I don’t think I would choose a 2nd day there right now if I only had one park to do it at.

I also agree with getting hoppers.

MK would be our pick due to the number of rides in the park. It's hard to hit everything there in a single day and most of the rides are different enough from Disneyland that you'll want to at least ride once.

Comments on the other parks:
HS could rise to the top if you are big into Star Wars or the kids want thrill rides.
Epcot could enter the running if you really want to dive into the festival that is currently going on. Otherwise, 1 day should be enough.
AK was barely a full day park before Covid and now doesn't have Finding Nemo, Festival of Lion King, or Rivers of Light. 1 day is plenty and I'm guessing you'll be leaving early.

I am going to be a voice of dissent here. If you are only there for 5 days, then I suggest a 4 day pass and taking a "chill" day. Explore Disney Springs and just hang out at the hotel pool. WDW is a much, much faster pace than DLR, you will need some down time.

On the other hand, if you feel you need to go to a park each day, I would double up on what ever park you went to on your arrival day, since there is a good chance you did not get a full day in.
We like to use our arrival/departure days to explore Disney Springs and other resort areas. The 5th day is only an extra $33 per ticket so even if you only use it for a 1/2 park day, it's worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter