5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay -- let me catch up --

Congrats Amanda and Maria on the milestone posts.

Congrats to Lisa on a great job at the meet!

Stacey -- so sorry to hear about Jay's mom. Prayers for your family.

Bags -- OKAY - I am an airhead, but I have lost my original list of everyone that wants bags. Because this thread is so big, Could everyone please send me a private message that wants bags. That way I have a record and I can PM all of you back.

I plan on meeting with the supplier next week, if everything goes well. Maria -- do you have someone ready to do the shirts. This lady has a huge facility and I can get you a price quote on the shirts as well. Let me know.

I haven't been around very much this week, but we have not really started our new year off on a good note. Charley and I have both been sick with bronchitas, After Ashley swam in 12 events last weekend at the swim meet, she came down sick and hasn't swam all week. then yesterday, Charley blacked out at work and fell flat on his face. The right side of his face looks like he went a few rounds with Rockey Balboa. They rushed him by ambulance to the hospital, and we have been there ever since.

I have either been at the hospital with him, or running kids all over the place. My son had the all region orchestra practice and concert this weekend. HE was there till 10 last night, back there at 8 this morning and then again at 7:00 tonight for the actual concert. Poor Charley did not get to go, doctors wouldn't release him today because of more tests. EKG's were "slightly abnormal" and now they are running a full battery of tests. I am home for the night, but will be back up there early in the morning hoping to catch the neurologist and the cardiologist that they called in. They have said he may have to take a beta blocker or possibly have some kind of monitor inserted in his chest. Needless to say, I am a little stressed and worried at this point. I took ashley up today to see her dad, then she spent the afternoon with a friend, and then went to spend the night with another friend tonight. They are going to run her home in the morning for me. It keeps her mind off of worrying about her dad. I went ahead and went to the orchestra concert tonight, then Dale and I went by the hospital afterwards for a little while.

I am really hoping the doctors are going to tell us tomorrow what is going on and hopefully get him out of the hospital. One of our friends is coming by in the morning to pick up the kids for church so I can be up there early to try and catch the doctors. All prayers are appreciated.

I will update tomorrow sometime. Night everyone

Pam - sorry to hear about Charley - hope that he's better....

Stacey - forgot to say - hope that Jay is doing OK....

Virgil
pirate:

Pam - prayers and pixie dust for you and Charley. Hope everything is ok.

We took Megan to dinner for her birthday, & when we got home we had a message that they had moved Jay's Mom to Hospice care, and that Jay should come right down,so we're here now. She most likely will not last the night.
Thank you all for your prayers. Jay is pretty down, & seeing her struggle for air is gut-wrenching.
TTYL

Stacey- I'm so sorry. I will have her in my prayers!!

OMG I try and try and TRY to keep up with this thread... not even trying to catch up, just KEEP up from where I'm at- impossible. LOL

I have a few questions maybe y'all can answer me and I'll try to find it on this thread- or you can PM me privately so I'll be sure to not miss it? LOL

1) who's HOPING to go scuba diving at Cozumel? if you are... who are you booking it with? DH wants to go scuba diving... he's certified scuba diver and rescue or something like that... and he'll be taking most of his own gear. Advice? Possibly go on the same excursion others here are? ONLY him... me and the kids won't be ofcourse.

2) who's HOPING to see the dolphins at Cozumel? And if it isn't open... what other port can we possibly see dolphins on this cruise? That's the only thing the kids really wanted to do! (my oldest's camp name with Girl Scouts is Dolphin- if that tells you how much she loves them LOL)

3) What's the DCL kit.. and who gets it and how can I get it? LOL

4) If we're not going to be able to see the dolphins at Cozumel.... that means no excursions for me and the kids (DH scuba diving only excursion)... what on earth are you planning on doing at Costa Maya and Cozumel? Ideas please! I can't find anything to do at Costa Maya that the family can do? (ages 5-12)

5) please help me find out the info on the bags/shirts being mentioned??? please!

6) what's the deal with the list of people for some reservation for late dining or something like that? I saw a quote listing the "list"- but can't find the original info about it. We're late dining... !?!

back to reading this thread trying to keep up... LOL Thanks!

justmestace said:
We took Megan to dinner for her birthday, & when we got home we had a message that they had moved Jay's Mom to Hospice care, and that Jay should come right down,so we're here now. She most likely will not last the night.
Thank you all for your prayers. Jay is pretty down, & seeing her struggle for air is gut-wrenching.
TTYL

Stacey, so sorry to hear this news. PD your way.

Still here, but we may go home. I'll spare the gory details, but I have nothing but admiration for the Hospice staff. I don't know how they watch this kind of thing day after day.

Jay swears he is okay....but he's only left the room once. I am outside having coffee. I don't know what he'll be like when the time comes.

I just don't think I could ever do this with my parents. Sit and watch. It's just too hard.

justmestace said:
Still here, but we may go home. I'll spare the gory details, but I have nothing but admiration for the Hospice staff. I don't know how they watch this kind of thing day after day.

Jay swears he is okay....but he's only left the room once. I am outside having coffee. I don't know what he'll be like when the time comes.

I just don't think I could ever do this with my parents. Sit and watch. It's just too hard.

Hospice is a great organization with some very caring people. They will make this time as comfortable as possible for both Jay's mom and your family.

justmestace said:

Stacey - big :grouphug: to you and Jay. Yes it is very hard to watch those we love fade away. I know that from experience even though I wasn't there when she finally passed.

Good morning cruisers!
23_9_10.gif

Happy Sunday!

A quick question for Fran and Sharon. Can you explain to us lay people the levels your girls are at. I know both girls are fare more talented than just a normal school team. Where are they in terms of the gymnast we see on tv. I'm looking forward to the day when we turn on the Olympics and say - hey I know her! :sunny:

WDWLVR said:
A quick question for Fran and Sharon. Can you explain to us lay people the levels your girls are at. I know both girls are fare more talented than just a normal school team. Where are they in terms of the gymnast we see on tv. I'm looking forward to the day when we turn on the Olympics and say - hey I know her! :sunny:

There are ten levels in Competitive Gymnastics. Both Kelly and Lisa are involved in the Optional Levels (7-10) which means they have completed their Compulsory Levels where the routines are dictated by USGA and every girl performs the exact same routine throughout the US on each apparatus (Vault, Bars, Beam & Floor) for her Level ( 4 - 6). They are now to the point where they create their own routines and just need to meet the requirements and difficulty level set for their level. (Kelly is a Level 7 and Lisa is a Level 8, but she is competing it with Level 9 Skills - ie she does a double full twist in her floor routine). Jim is calling that we have to leave for church so I will finish later.

I have

first timers
whnim64
cajungirl2
ohio family*
mark and mary*
kikipug*
tiggerinny*
dobelover

*requested seating arrangements

I have NOT heard from

mike861
thomprod/sopandbass
disneydizz
bwvpam

I am not going to bug Pam right now, enough on her plate!

Sue

BWVPam said:
I haven't been around very much this week, but we have not really started our new year off on a good note. Charley and I have both been sick with bronchitas, After Ashley swam in 12 events last weekend at the swim meet, she came down sick and hasn't swam all week. then yesterday, Charley blacked out at work and fell flat on his face. The right side of his face looks like he went a few rounds with Rockey Balboa. They rushed him by ambulance to the hospital, and we have been there ever since.
OMG, what a way to start out the new year. Maybe by getting rid of all the bad stuff up front the rest of the year will be a breeze. We know May will be fun!! :sunny:

Give Charley our best!! :hug:

BibbidyBobbidyBoo said:
1) who's HOPING to go scuba diving at Cozumel? if you are... who are you booking it with? DH wants to go scuba diving... he's certified scuba diver and rescue or something like that... and he'll be taking most of his own gear. Advice? Possibly go on the same excursion others here are? ONLY him... me and the kids won't be ofcourse.
There is only WILL!! We have already booked a three tank dive with Blue XT Sea Diving in Cozumel. Tell hubby if he wants to join us there should be room. We have six divers so far and the boats only only eight.
Have him get ahold of Christi and get added to the list. (or PM me for more info) She is pretty good with email. We are doing three tanks for $107 which is pretty good considering the cruise ship rate. :crazy2:

Good morning everyone. Thanks for all the prayers. Getting ready to run up to the hospital now and see what is going on. Will post more later.

Stacey -- I know what Jay is going through. Having to watch them struggle like that is awful. I was at my grandmother's bedside two years ago when she died and every breath seemed as if it would be her last. We were relieved when she stopped struggling and know she is in a better place. Love and prayers for you and your family and what you are going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter