5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
kikipug said:
Sorry... I was on the phone... probably the first 'real' work I've done all day!

Ok, since when is it ok for "real life responsibilities" to interfere with "DIS time?"

kikipug said:
Wow... we still haven't made it to the milestone post today... I'm amazed. So, maybe we can get our post count up... here's a post count booster...

The 'DCL dress code' is getting some good mileage on the cruise boards today... what's the concensus here??? Anybody?

(And see, its not shameless post-count-boosting... its CRUISE related!)

I am very disappointed with the new policy as I like the concept of dressing for dinner - not "formal" everyday, but at least something special. I wear jeans to go to my favourtie Sports bar when I am on land. When I am at Sea, spending $$$$, I want to be special and look "pretty".

Jeans = 0
Dress = 6 (Pirate night does not count!)

And I have to get dressed up for this wedding!! YUCK! I think I'll go in jeans and say "if it's good enough for DCL, it's good enough for YOU!" ;)

chip&dale&fun said:
When I am at Sea, spending $$$$, I want to be special and look "pretty".

I guess the question isn't if YOU will bow to the new dress code....it's what do you think of *other* ppl following it?

You can still look pretty, but what will you think if *other* ppl show up in jeans? After all, they may think they are spending $$$$ and they should be able to dress how they want. ;)

ohiominnie said:
Whose job is it to put the bride's bustle up between the wedding and the reception? Now...I understand the "best man."

See what a little creative quote editing can do...

But actually, its the maid/matron of honor... not a 'wedding guest' (not trying to downgrade your role, but it certainly isn't up to you to be her butt-buttoner.)

In terms of the number of groomsmen... where I come from groomsmen ARE ushers... that's their entire purpose.

Shameless - post boosting question

Where can I find gold, flat pumps, that don't hurt my feet for a reasonable price, in the next 3 weeks?

Related to November Cruise....

:earseek: For the fun of it - I was reading the current dress code debate - flip over here and discover - another dresscode/etiquette type question... :rotfl2:

kikipug said:

But actually, its the maid/matron of honor... not a 'wedding guest' (not trying to downgrade your role, but it certainly isn't up to you to be her butt-buttoner.)

In terms of the number of groomsmen... where I come from groomsmen ARE ushers... that's their entire purpose.

And they are ussherly necessary!

mickeymo said:
:earseek: For the fun of it - I was reading the current dress code debate - flip over here and discover - another dresscode/etiquette type question... :rotfl2:

You just want us to flip over so you can grab the next posts...... :cool1: :rotfl2:

Ok - thanks....

kikipug said:

EXACTLY EXACTLY! I'm with you. I want to be a *wedding guest*...and actually, I don't even want to be that. ;) but that's a whole 'nuther story!!

And where I come from, groomsmen=ushers too!

ohiominnie said:
I guess the question isn't if YOU will bow to the new dress code....it's what do you think of *other* ppl following it?

You can still look pretty, but what will you think if *other* ppl show up in jeans? After all, they may think they are spending $$$$ and they should be able to dress how they want. ;)

Yeah but---(she addes with emphasis) Disney Magic is based on the charm of the ocean liners of old....They did not wear jeans...
(course they did not have internet, kids clubs or scuba - but hey - )

mickeymo said:

That's what 'inspired' me to post it here... to get an answer 'among friends' (yeah right, that bus smiley might come out again before long).

For me, I started cruising when I was 7 years old, and then, you never set foot in the dining room without being 'dressed' for dinner... (and kids didn't go on cruises). I'm still pretty much a throwback in that sense.

Besides, to me, jeans are 'winter clothes'... I put them away some time in March, and don't take them out again til November or so. (Except to ride the motorcycle).

Since my 16th anniversary is 2 short days away - Let me see if I can remember what my very proper mother had me follow in regards to ushers...Groomsmen do double as attendants usally to match the numbers of bridemaids...But, ushers are used to fill out the guest/groomsmen/ ratio (I think it's 1:50 - we invited 250 so in addition to the 1 best man 3 groomsmen, we had 2 additional ushers who did not stand up with the grom...

I just noticed.... I got the TOP of page 1200... that's a milestone!

AND 18000....

woooooooo hooooooo! :jumping1:

These boards ARE slow today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter