5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I go out for the evening and you guys try to hide from me!! Changing the name! I looked and looked. Not nice to do to an old lady who just took two teens shopping. When did my son turn into a fashion hound???? And the daughter was helping him pick out clothes! When did they start to LIKE eachother?? Did I fall out of a ride at WDW and hit my head?

Not much else new....glad the family is together again, Diana.

Nice to see posts from Mr Scuba....can't wait for the HH to get back on the boards. ;)

Well, good night Gracie! I'm a goner tonight too.:cat:

ladypoo said:
We changed our minds. We are going on the special 11 nighter in Sept of '06, But we are still going on the Double scoop cruise. We will hae to leave Dominique at home in capable hands. Dont think we should pull her out of school for this one. So, we will see you there too Stace.

Glad you aren't cancelling the Double Scoop cruise!!! Emily will still have Dominique to play with.

Angie

ohiominnie said:
Back from the Ohio State Fair. Started off sorta badly. Getting off the highway I felt the car run over something. Run over stuff all the time and it's never a problem. This time it was. So much so that by the time I pulled into the fair parking area I was hearing "thump, thump, thump." Can't stop, I'd tick off hundreds of fair goers. By the time I get to where they are parking people I have a state highway patrol man chasing after me yelling. He gets up to the car and says "do you know your front right tire is flat?" :confused3 No, I thought the thumping was the people I had stashed in the trunk. (no, I really didn't say that!!)

They called the tow truck to come change the tire (yes, I don't know how to change a tire and have no real desire to learn) but they were so busy towing people out of no-parking zones that it was taking a long time. Finally Mr. State Highway Patrol Man (Ron Schneider, unit 739) came over and helped. Ok, he didn't really "help"....he did it all. Don't know why the tire was leaking air....well, unless you take into consideration the huge bolt and chunk of metal hanging out of it! :(

Then too much fair food and too much walking later and we're finally home. I'm drugged up on Flexeril (neck is still bad) and I'm going to bed. Lots to do tomorrow and yet I'm "trapped" at home because UPS has a box for me that requires a signature.

Night all!

Thanks for the interesting story, but you forgot to report the most important detail. How was the deep fried twinkee?

I have never had one and hear they are good. Are they?

Dancind said:
Fine, I get to sit down and everyone leaves! The gang is home, only two hours late. I got to hang out at the hotel near the airport for a while. They had fun, Alicia got a shorts tan and lots of bug bites. See what happens when she goes off with Dad?

I'm sure he will read that in the morning.

But he brought her home. That is really all that matters. Bug bites and tan are all just part of the story.

justmestace said:
Nice to see posts from Mr Scuba....can't wait for the HH to get back on the boards. ;)

Well, good night Gracie! I'm a goner tonight too.:cat:

Thank you for the welcome. I have not been gone that long, just seems like a long time. Now that we are back into the school schedule it will be a little easier to DIS.

I should try and post some pictures of HH before he starts posting his pictures.

:flower1: Good morning cruisers! :flower1:

Happy Tuesday!

Prayers going out to the shuttle crew as they make their re-entry today.

Jim - yes please post some pictures from your weekend.

Woo Hoo - a TOP with Jim and the shuttle crew! Great start to the day!

Good Morning All - When I got home yesterday afternoon the landscape guy was still here but his crew was gone. I should have known bad news was to follow. He tells me as they were digging in the front of the house he notices water damage that may be structural and he is waiting for a contractor to meet him. The contractor shows and he thinks the floor supports are good but he is not sure about the front roof joist/beam/rafter. Men will be out today to take down some siding to check. DRAT!!!!

Sue

Good Morning All -- I must have missed something, but when did the name of our thread change???

My November cruise is really picking up now...They just celebrated their 500 post (yes it is November 2005) but they are thinking they may reach 600 by cruising time...... :goodvibes

CRUISE QUESTIO CRUISE QUESTION

The magic 90 days is coming due for my November Cruise -- which of the Disney snokleing excursions on Castaway Cay do you recommend??????

Can you snorkle outside of the posted limits (doubt it). And I hear you must wear a vest????

Thanks.....

scuba diver said:
Thanks for the interesting story, but you forgot to report the most important detail. How was the deep fried twinkee?

I have never had one and hear they are good. Are they?

Yes. Surprisingly they are very good. We learned our lesson last year though....only eat ONE deep fried twinkie. Last year KT ate two (well, we all shared two) Between those and all of the other junk she ate it made her sick. She came home and puked in the "puke bucket." Greasy puke is quite nasty to clean up!! :crazy2: :sick: :faint:

Sue, sorry to hear your bit of remodeling isn't going too smoothly.

Irene, The name changed yesterday, so you havn't missed it for long.

dobelover said:
The contractor shows and he thinks the floor supports are good but he is not sure about the front roof joist/beam/rafter. Men will be out today to take down some siding to check. DRAT!!!!

That's how it is here....one job always leads to another, and another, and another. Good luck. Hope it's not too bad.

chip&dale&fun said:
My November cruise is really picking up now...They just celebrated their 500 post (yes it is November 2005) but they are thinking they may reach 600 by cruising time...... :goodvibes

My January '06 thread has about 24 posts!! Not even two pages!!! That's ok. It'll be my first cruise since the 10 day and it won't compare anyway!!

scuba diver said:
The Scuba.Mom does not scuba. She is the Mom of the Scubas which does not make any sense.

We do not use any of the cruise ship tours. I don't have my log book handy of who we dove with, but Kevin will have all the details as he planned the St. Thomas trip. I'm sure he will post it when he comes back from Key Largo.

Thanks - I'll wait for Kevin's comments - but we have already decided that we will pass the cruise ship in favor if the coki dive shop - so if there is a better local dive shop - even better. The guys were great - e-mailed me back ASAP and they are fully certified. They have both a beach and boat dive but I think I would prefer the beach, to help us get back into the sport. You can opt for a one or two tank dive. The prices are better than the cruise ship as well. Plus, I do not need to book until October, so I still have some time to search around.

Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch Plans

I Have Looked To Make Sure I Have Not Overlooked Lunch Plans For Our Aturday And Sunday Events....the List Is At Work So I Will Repost An Update At Lunch Time (funny That)

Keep Me Updated.....

chip&dale&fun said:
CRUISE QUESTIO CRUISE QUESTION

The magic 90 days is coming due for my November Cruise -- which of the Disney snokleing excursions on Castaway Cay do you recommend??????

Can you snorkle outside of the posted limits (doubt it). And I hear you must wear a vest????

Thanks.....

Irene - we haven't done the excursions on CC. Here's what we've done instead which works great for us.

Get off the ship first thing and head over to the snorkeling lagoon at the family beach. Go in the water right away. Yes you need a vest but they are free and when we were there in May '03 they were giving them out right at the water's edge. So we snorkel there for an hour or so. Head back in to our loungers and relax with our books.

At lunchtime pack up our stuff and head over to Cookies. After lunch we take the tram over to the adult beach. Then back into the water for some snorkeling there. They won't make you wear a vest there and there is not in or out of limits. Also no lifeguards in the water so you are on your own. We've seen stingrays, conchs, starfish and many others over on the adult beach.

chip&dale&fun said:
Thanks - I'll wait for Kevin's comments - but we have already decided that we will pass the cruise ship in favor if the coki dive shop - so if there is a better local dive shop - even better. The guys were great - e-mailed me back ASAP and they are fully certified. They have both a beach and boat dive but I think I would prefer the beach, to help us get back into the sport. You can opt for a one or two tank dive. The prices are better than the cruise ship as well. Plus, I do not need to book until October, so I still have some time to search around.

I did a quick search on Scubaboard for Coki Dive Shop. That is where Kevin and I find most of our information about LDS. Most people said is was an okay shore dive. Very easy and someone mentioned that if you dive with them they will pick you up at the dock.

Here what one person said about St. Thomas: Did 27 dives From April 1st to April 21st. Water Temp was 79-81 degrees, sunny skies all day, mostly calm seas, a few days with 3-4ft swell. Vis averaged 60-80 feet, some places were poor by caribbean standards: 30-40 feet. Deepest dive was around 90 feet.

Dove with 4 operators:

Maho Bay Camps, St. John
Small shop, dives on M,W,F... they do a wed night snorkel. Got great personalized service. A few trips it was just me and my buddy on the boat so we got to go to some cool sites. They do 2 one trip tanks a day, kinda odd they come back for lunch instead of just doing 2 AM dives. But when it was just us, we stayed out. See if they'll take you to Carvel rock.. great dive site if the north side is calm.

Blue Island Divers, St. Thomas S. side
Nice people, good dive sites. But they only did 1 2-tank trip a day while I was there so if there were any students, we couldn't go to some of the more advanced sites like wrecks. I planned my 3 week trip with the intention of diving with Blue Island Divers for their wreck diving on the south side of the island but only made it out to 2 wrecks. Would've liked to get out to more wrecks and do some more advanced deeper dives while there. They also do the cruise ship pickup so if you're land based, you have to go along for the ride while they pick those folks up. Adds about 15 minutes to total trip time each way. Would recommend if you arrive by ship since they pick you up right at the cruise ship dock. See if they'll take you to Blackbeards eye.. cool dive. Of course they have all the wreck diving around St. Thomas. Once they got to know us and our skills, they allowed us to venture out on our own if we wanted to get away from the group. They gave us good dive briefings. We also didn't all have to come up as a group if we had computers or more air, as long as we maintained buddy pairs and remained near the boat. By the time we had these freedoms we had done about 4 2 tank trips with them and they knew we were good divers.

Chris Sawyer Diving, St. Thomas NE and SE side of island. Also a bunch of St. John sites and of course the best dive I did while there, the RMS Rhone.
They seem to have the fastest boat and seem to cover largest area and have access to the most dive sites. Nice people, 2 boats.. they can do 4 trips a day. AM 2 tank dives and PM 2 or 1 tank dives. They like to have full boats but the groups were 5 or 6 at most per DM. The DMs and Captains were good about trying to take us to different dive sites each day.. no repeat dives, except the one I requested. The RMS Rhone trip is a must do although I think it should be a 3 tank dive instead of 2.. maybe a 3 tank plus night dive. That would be awesome.

Did a shore dive at Coki Beach, got a tank at Coki beach dive shop. Reef was poor, vis was poor, not much life. Good dive if you just want time underwater.

We dove with Blue Island Divers. Nice operation. I liked their dock pickup. it was very easy. I have the feeling they do the same dives most of the time. We did a wreck (2 barges) and a reef. It was all just outside the port. Not bad diving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter