5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
scuba.mom said:
Now the best excursion was the horseback riding in St. Lucia - Lisa and I really enjoyed that.

We did the jungle biking in St. Lucia - it was an off-road bike park with different graded trails depending on the level difficultly. The staff were wonderful. John had a blast, but I'm not a real big fan of riding trails so, after about a 1/2 hr another woman and I hiked up one of the extreme technical trails (and I do mean up - designed by an olympian) up to a beautiful view of the bay. Their beach was very nice for snorkeling - lots of fish - we took a boat to the park and vans back - so, got to see a good cross section of St. Lucia - it was definitely an island I'd want to explore more.

I make her buy a hot lunch at school each day and when she was in elementary school she would eat dinner at our house (microwave) before being picked up for class.

Let me know how your new schedule works! Our problem is that Kelly goes straight from school to gym. The 45 minute drive home from the gym gets her home around 8:30. We may have to "play" around and figure out something. We can't do fast food 4 nights a week!!!!!!!!

Fran
:teacher:

Dancind said:
We've been to WDW in May about four times now. Still don't get it, I guess it would help if I were vaguely interested in gardening. The flowers are pretty, and the concerts are nice. But give me the F&W festival any day!

Well.. Mary and I are the exact opposite.. I find the food booths interesting, but Mary's not that adventurous and neither of us drink..
and I also do this:
garden.jpg

You can guess which one we go to.

Wow, Mark...is that in your yard? Very nice! Can you come to MY house?? I can't even keep poor Snow White and the dwarves from falling over!

Been doing yet more laundry...the downside of travel. Made my trek to the hardware store. Switched out the aerator on the kitchen faucet and fixed Jay's flashlight....(somebody's gotta do it)

Now to figure out what's for dinner. OR....I could escape with Jordan to the mall. She does need new jeans. That's almost all she wears, even when it's hot....she says her legs are too fat for shorts. And Jared hasn't worn a pair of jeans since he was four and quit letting me dress him. He wears shorts all winter! :confused3

I can't believe we are already talking backpacks and school lunches! Where did the summer go??? Truth be told, I'm just a little glad they are headed back......bad mommy......

justmestace said:
Wow, Mark...is that in your yard? Very nice! Can you come to MY house?? I can't even keep poor Snow White and the dwarves from falling over!

Get hubby to make some nice iron spikes for them..

Seriously, that's a very early spring pic, the plants are much further along now. I have to go up and take a new one from the roofline in the early morning when all the flowers are open. I've been slowly landscaping the yards both front and back a little bit more each year for about 10 years now. The trick is to have a plan and not try to do it all at once, take it one step at a time.

That's actually a great idea! ANd he could make little Mickey heads on top of the spikes!! He's gonna LOVE you for suggesting that! ;) They always put my orders in the back of the rack. :( Like the Cobbler's kids, I'm always the last one to get anything made......

I bet your flowers are gorgeous. I have roses. I used to do bulbs, I love the surprise of seeing them pop up.....just haven't done it in a long time. Now that Jay has quit growing veges, maybe I can plant some pretty things in the greenhouse!

Whoo hooo....happy dance!! :cool1: Look what I figured out how to do!! I'm not so dumb as I thought! Wheeeeeeeeee.........

We changed our minds. We are going on the special 11 nighter in Sept of '06, But we are still going on the Double scoop cruise. We will hae to leave Dominique at home in capable hands. Dont think we should pull her out of school for this one. So, we will see you there too Stace.

Patty - we are happy you are going on the 11 night cruise and even happier that you aren't cancelling this one!

ladypoo said:
We changed our minds. We are going on the special 11 nighter in Sept of '06, But we are still going on the Double scoop cruise. We will hae to leave Dominique at home in capable hands. Dont think we should pull her out of school for this one. So, we will see you there too Stace.

Sounds great! Hopefully, I'll be at least back to the weight I was in this picture, if not smaller. Gonna try!

mickeymo said:
Michael W. Smith was here last night - now that would be an awesome concert!!! Phillips, Craig, and Dean are great to see in person and we saw Dennis Jernigan a few years ago, that was a wonderful night of worship.

A little delayed here, but have you ever heard of the group Audio Adrenaline? My sister in law's nephew is in the band...Tyler Burkum. My GOOD wonderful SIL, married to my brother Scott.

ladypoo said:
Cool! I want to do it too, but I already have the 09/16/06 Double Dip booked......with plans to meet up with EricAmanda01 from our cruise last year. SO once again i will have to live vicariously htur you and Stace..

I figure I have been this weight for about 5 years, I'm not gonna even try loosing it. Maybe for the next cruise. but you never can tell.

scuba.mom said:
Well, Lisa had dinner with us for a couple of years now. She goes 4:30 - 8:30 during the week. I make her buy a hot lunch at school each day and when she was in elementary school she would eat dinner at our house (microwave) before being picked up for class. With the middle school letting out so much later, we start a new routine today of packed lunchs (dinner) each evening. She will hopefully eat this in the car on her way to class. I let you know how it goes.
I hope you can work out coming to the mini-meet on Labor Day. It would be nice for the girls to meet.

This needs to be corrected to "Well, Lisa HAS NOT HAD dinner with us for a couple of years now. She goes 4:30 - 8:30 during the week"

I'm sure scuba.mom just missed typed or I have been missing my daughter at dinner every night.

chip&dale&fun said:
Thanks - did you do the Disney Scuba - I am on the Cokidive site now looking at what they offer.....Both seem good value...

The Scuba.Mom does not scuba. She is the Mom of the Scubas which does not make any sense.

We do not use any of the cruise ship tours. I don't have my log book handy of who we dove with, but Kevin will have all the details as he planned the St. Thomas trip. I'm sure he will post it when he comes back from Key Largo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter