5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiki, what is an F2? I just read in the paper that there were a couple of tornadoes between Tampa and the Georgia state line, did you have them over your way too? That's quite a storm!

F2 is the rating used for tornadoes, just like Cat1-5 are used for hurricanes.

Wow, that's scary. What is the warning system for tornados? You were outside, huh?

We don't have warning systems for tornados except for the local weather.

That's why we missed it. We were watching movies so no TV updates.

Most of the tornados we get in FL are from hurricanes which is probably what Stacey and Virgil think they went through. :rotfl2:

Let me get the TOP before I go back to lunch. It was too cold to eat outside today.

You can tell we never get tornados in NM. Well, there have been a couple but they are very small, and usually to the south. Tornados and mountains don't mix.

I hope the weather has improved for the Norwegian group.

Matt has gym duty this week and is driving my truck so be on the look out!

Thanks for the warning! Because there's no school, my commute is pretty much limited to Pioneer Trail & 44... how does he get to I-4???

scuba diver said:
It makes the new set of tires I gave Sharon look like of cheezy! :cool2:

Hey... those go GREAT with the compressor that I bought Ray for Christmas!!!! (He DID ask for one... hmm... he gets a compressor, I get a Tiffany choker... sounds fair to me!!!)

scuba diver said:
In our house we just call it a horizional closet. :lmao: 3 feet deep across the whole floor.....a horizional closet.

Hey... in that case, we have a 20 x 24 closet above our garage!!!!!! Although, it also doubles as the world's largest dog bed.

Merry After Christmas everyone. Hope things get better for Stacey, Virgil and the others that are sailing.n DIana -- you better get well soon!

We have had a nice Christmas. Charley was very lucky and fell into 5 days off for Christmas. It was not planned but very much appreciated. He will have to go back to work tomorrow night.

My parents and brothers both got here for Christmas and we had a good time. My brothers left this afternoon and my parents will be here for a couple of days. THe house is much more manageable with 2 less people in the house.

Santa was very good to me. Charley got me one of those Citizen Eco watches that won't have to have new batteries (I love it), my oldest brother gave me a gorgeous pair of gold/diamond earrings, my younger brother gave me a liz claiborne purse that I really like, and my parents gave me a $50 gift card. The kids got me new pj's and slippers. I also got gone with the wind on DVD. DJ got 2 seasons of 24 and that is on the tv now.

Ashley got gift cards from her grandparents and uncles and used it to buy a ZUNE. We were going to get the IPOD, but then decided on the Zune. The screen is much bigger and she is really enjoying it. Dale mainly got stuff to add to his Wii system. We really had a nice Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Last year we all came home from Orlando with Stomach Flu, so it was nice to enjoy everything this year. Church service was really nice this year.

I still have a few days off before going back to work and I am going to try and enjoy them. We went to see the new Ben Stiller Movie tonight "Night at the Museum" Great movie to see with the entire family.

Best wishes to everyone for a great new year!!

We went to see the new Ben Stiller Movie tonight "Night at the Museum" Great movie to see with the entire family.

Best wishes to everyone for a great new year!!

Sounds like a lovely family Christmas, Pam. That movie is next on our list. Looks pretty entertaining.

Today is my office's Holiday Party. There was just to much going on before Christmas so we decided to have it today.....to give us something to look forward to after Christmas. :cool1:

:tinker:Good morning cruisers :tinker:

Happy Wednesday!

Just stopping by to say HI! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

We spent it at WDW and despite the weather on Christmas Day, we had a GREAT time -- always do!!

Today is my office's Holiday Party. There was just to much going on before Christmas so we decided to have it today.....to give us something to look forward to after Christmas. :cool1:

Not a bad idea!! You're right about the amount of stuff going on....

Have fun!!

Good Morning All -- We had a "WONDEFUL" Christmas starting with the pre-Christmas Cruise. Ijumped on-line upon our return Christmas Eve - only to find that the boards were being updated. I have pages to catch up.

Christmas Eve we skipped breakfast and headed home for the preparations for the Big Day -- only to find the fresh free range duck we had ordered had not been delivered to the store --- oh well, the manager was so apologetic, we now have a goose in the freezer.....

Christmas Eve Night we went to our friends open house to catch up and exchange hugs.

Christmas Day was peaceful. Mass in the morning, breakfast with friends and then over to Mother's to pick her up to take her to the house for a day of feasting and presents. A bottle of cruise wine was open for the occasion, after the champagne of couse. And a small bottle of the sparkling sake that surprisingly Mother loved. Christmas dinner was duck (frozen from Publix) which Sam cooked on the grill.....dessert Triffle - yummy, and all the trimings.

Boxing Day was spent entertaining Mother and her lady friends, a Christmas tradition for the past 20 years.....Our Boxing Day party for friends will be on Saturday, due to everyone's work and play schedule.

Presents - oh yes, Santa and his helpers were more than generous. They included the complete set of Reef books so I can identify the fish, corrals and critters.....a spiffy night lite (more night diving is in the future, I can tell) and a beautiful Swarkski (sp?) crystal snowflake...

Today - it is slow at work.......more later....(waaaaa! they moved my smilie guy who waves....)

THAT's an understatement!!!

Jim- not sure if you were home yesterday... could you hear the F2 that went through Daytona?

We were outside taking the rack of lamb off the grill... we weren't sure what we heard until we saw the news later on... sounded like a freight train off in the distance- lasted too long to be thunder.

DeLand is a mess this morning, too... that other one hit about 2 miles from my office... its amazing no one got killed...

Safe, calm seas who all who are still enjoying their vacations!!!!!

Glad you are all safe - I did not listen to the news at all yesterday and work up this am to a story about the Gov. declaring a state of emergency. It looks very bad on the news......

Welcome back to Jim, Sharon, Matt, Lisa, Irene, Sam and Hedgie. Glad you had a good time.

Bon Voyage to Stacey & her family, Virgil and his family and Garry and his family as well.

Happy Birthday to Frances!

Thanks Mary - I agree with Jim, it was a great way to start the Christmas holiday - and the relaxation carried through the entire Christmas time.

We relaxed on the Wonder - the morning of CC was rough so no snorkeling for us.

Dinner at Palo's was fabulous and fun...maybe I'll get around to posting a few pics.

:santa:

Our holiday party/awards banquet is next Saturday night... we'll be celebrating a MAJOR company milestone, so we wanted to wait for year-end so that the numbers were finalized...

its a Saturday Night Live theme, complete with "Weekend Update", the Samurai Warrior, and other SNL classic characters... spent all morning today shooting video for a 'live on-location' scene involving a hunting ranch, many firearms, and competitors products... its tough to be quiet while being the videographer and laughing so hard.

We have one more video scene to shoot, but that needs to be done under the cover of darkness... (hey Scuba... stay off the roads of PO next Tuesday night... I can't afford to pay union wages for an 'extra')

Missed our Holiday Dinner Dance this year. We already had plans for Candlelight when the date was announced.....oh well, slow here at work today, maybe time to go home....

Happy Evening everyone...

ok - let me see if I can find that smilie I like.......he seems to be gone....wonder if this will work???

:wave

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter