5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
KikiKaren, how's your mom doing? Did I miss an update?

Ang

We're not sure. She went for 3 days of outpatient treatment with intensive doses of some really strong stuff via IV to try to stop her vision loss from progressing... now she needs to wait until her appt. later this month to see if it worked... the medication they use also causes temporary vision problems, so she can't tell if it has progressed, or if it is just the temporary side effect.

She is so weary and can barely even get out of the house... which is sooooooo unlike her... she's usually going 24/7 nonstop. She's not in any pain, but she's not feeling good, either. I think she is trying to put up a brave front so I don't go flying up there...

We're not sure. She went for 3 days of outpatient treatment with intensive doses of some really strong stuff via IV to try to stop her vision loss from progressing... now she needs to wait until her appt. later this month to see if it worked... the medication they use also causes temporary vision problems, so she can't tell if it has progressed, or if it is just the temporary side effect.

She is so weary and can barely even get out of the house... which is sooooooo unlike her... she's usually going 24/7 nonstop. She's not in any pain, but she's not feeling good, either. I think she is trying to put up a brave front so I don't go flying up there...

It definitely isn't easy to have a change in lifestyle like that. I bet she is scared and miserable. I'll be thinking of her with good thoughts and wishes that the treatment helps.

Hi all....a belated congrats to Nick on his next starring role.

Good luck to those in the path of the storm

and continued prayers and pixie dust to our dissers and families...

Not much news here - it continues hot and we need rain. But we do not need floods or storms or earthquakes...

Good morning all! Bumping us up from page 2.

KikiKaren, I hope your mom improves. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Stacey, hope you are improving too.

Monica, thanks for the updates on your friends.

OHMinnie, congrats to Nick on the part. Hope KT gets the part that she wants too.

Ang

We're going out to dinner tonight! :banana::banana::banana:

Not sure how I'll do, but I AM sure I'm looking forward to it.

I may roll down the car window and hang my head out like a dog!!! :lmao:

Wow... I spend another whole day at the football field, and come back to find only one new post! Christopher's team won... so they are 2-1 now... last week they lost in overtime to the best team in the league. At least this week, they didn't have to scrape him off the field with a spatula like they practically had to last week... I think there's still a dent in the ground where his head got planted. (Maybe a nut tree will grow there??)

Stacey- Hope you had a great time out on furlough!

Thanks for all the prayers for my mom... she has good days and bad days... she went to the grocery store this morning, then came home to rest for the rest of the day because she was exhausted.

We're going out to dinner tonight! :banana::banana::banana:

Not sure how I'll do, but I AM sure I'm looking forward to it.

I may roll down the car window and hang my head out like a dog!!! :lmao:

I would have liked pictures of that....

Hope dinner went well - waiting for the update!

Virgil
pirate:

Stacey I hope you enjoyed your dinner out. We went out to dinner last night as well. Had a very nice time last night at a dinner/dance put on by DH's company. They are a family owned company that is celebrating 150 years of business. The party was for all workers, family, long time customers and the companies major vendors. Over 350 people in all. Each employee got a certificate thanking them for their years of service and they had a slide show going during dinner and the cocktail hour showing everyone at work and how many years they had been with the company. One gentlemen just retired after working for them for 65 years!

We never got to the dancing part - they might have started that after we left. After dinner they opened up a separate room with a sweet table and the dj started playing but no one was really dancing.

Still a great party.

Good morning all. Just got home from church.

I am kinda thrilled, I may get to go to Orlando over spring break in March for a workshop. It starts the week my kids are out, so I am going to see if we can fly down on Wednesday (on our own) and then we will have all day Thursday, before my conference starts on Friday afternoon. I think if we go, we will only go to Universal. Since we spent last years spring break at Disney, I would like to go to Universal and Maybe seaworld. They have all three universal hotel listed as conference hotels, so we can have the front of line access while we are there. Charley and Kids can fly home Sunday night so they don't miss any school.

Kinda excited about this and can't wait to run it past my bosss. Let's hope he says okay.

That is awesome news Pam. Hope it all works out.

Stacey - where are you? We want to hear about your night out!

It was wonderful! I can't tell you how good it felt to go out. I did stop just shy of hanging my head out the window, though.
The food was really good, and we had two really impressive servers.
Jared needed to go to Michael's or JoAnn for some styrofoam for a science project, which was great because I needed a pad for the wheelchair, but he also needed gym shorts at Sports Authority. I waited in the car while he and Jay went into Sports Authority....but it turned out that it must have been too much for me all at once.
I've been in some pretty miserable pain today and have slept more today than I have any day since the surgery.

But then, maybe the pain is simply because the numbness is wearing off from surgery.....:confused3
And it is awfully swollen today. I'll be glad to go to the doctor tomorrow and get the bandages off , even if it's only for a few minutes til they put the cast on.

Jay & I decided that we really should have just come straight home from dinner...but it just was so nice to be out!!

Stacey - make sure you keep that leg up this evening an tonight so that the swelling goes down and it doesn't delay you getting the cast on!

Virgil
pirate:

Stacey - make sure you keep that leg up this evening an tonight so that the swelling goes down and it doesn't delay you getting the cast on!

Virgil
pirate:

I have been. I've been pretty much "in my chair"....the recliner...with it up and iced all day long.

Being all hot and sweaty doesn't help, either, though. I definitely should have done this when the weather was cooler. Or after the hot flashes go away. If they ever do. LOL

Looks like we have a nice storm moving through. That will cool things down for tonight.
The weather guy said that today should be our last 100 day. Mid to upper 90's from here on out.
COME ON FALL!! :woohoo:

It's been beautiful here. Every morning and evening there is a chill in the air. And it isn't heating up to "miserable" every day! :) We've been sleeping with the windows open which is great......until it's time to get out of the toasty warm bed. Brrrrrrr.

Hey, I didn't tell you. Marc (Mike's brother) got a job at WDW this past week. On Saturday he went to the WDW "Traditions" class---the one where they brainwash you into the Disney way.

He'll be a ride host in Tomorrowland!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter