5/12 Wonder 4-day pre cruise day

MarkRG

DIS Veteran
Ok, first of all, I'm typing this on a pda, so pardon any typos I miss :)

The primary players are Wdwlvr and I(mr&mrs), with others we hope to meet tomorrow. :)

Well, the day started off real early with a 6:50 am flight out of O'Hare. We Really wanted to have a full day at Cocoa Beach. The flight to Orlando Intl was uneventful, got our avis car and headed over. A small event that happened was a nasty mess on the westbound beeline, hope everyone's ok. Arrived at the Raddison and checked in, and got this 'go pack' goodie box, always room for more goodies :) Now, keep in mind I have not been to CB in at least 15 years. Some hasn't changed one bit, but some really has. Ron Jon has a really impressive store now. Got our Safe Sea, among other items. Went over to Publix for groceries, and returned to the hotel for a little downtime before dinner. We had a plan for dinner to eat at Grill's and watch the ships leave. Now what we didn't know about was a fishing tournment being held. :p I have never seen that many big fishing vessels in one place or that many big fish! They were hauling the fish in wheelbarrows! As for Grill's, excellent view of the channel, excellent food, and a fun atmosphere.There was a band playing old southern rock tunes and they were pretty good. Now for the ships, first, about 4:30 came the Carnival Pride. I cannot overstate how massive this ship is! It actually pushing the limit of too big. The verandahs on the squared off stern and the waterpark grade slide on the aft pool looked interesting. Then came the Magic on time. She's still missing the railing round the aft funnel, but looks perfect otherwise. The Western cruisers looked like they are already having an excellent time and they havn't gone anywhere yet! :) I have pics including closeupsand will post when we get back. To top it off, the Magic blew the whistle just as she passed us, too cool! After, we returned to the hotel for the night, to our surprise the local news was covering the inaugural! They had a live Mariachi Band, Mexican Mickey and Chip&Dale throwing a party in the terminal. Looked like a fun time! Our fun time really begins tomorrow. :) Next will be live from the Wonder!

If I had to categorize Grill's I'd call it a giant deck party :) They do basically everything you want to do with seafood. Their menu is 3/4 or more of seafood dishes. Price range is around $10-15 for the better dishes. I had a Seafood Alredo that was excellent and my DW had a steak that was also great. I do recommnd it if you wan to just relax and watch the ships go by and have a good meal to boot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter