4th Girls-Only Trip ~ PLEASE check first post for link to new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I can say. :confused3

But I think they were staying in a foreign country. ;)

There were no moaners in Calcutta! Mostly snorers :lmao: I'll admit that I was ONE of the snorers in Calcutta but in my defense, it was hot and crowded there.

Yay for a new thread. :dance3:

I'm planning a solo trip to the mouse around the same time, so may be able to bump my vacation ahead a week to participate, as it sounds like alot of fun. How far in advance would I have to commit to the 4th Annual Girls trip? I won't be able to book anything till DH books his vacation time in Jan/11. Thanks for any info you can give me regarding this.

Trish
Hi Trish,
We'd love to have you join us. :goodvibes We do not have set dates just yet, but that is our top priority right now.

No one really needs to fully commit until right up until the trip, as all travel and hotel arrangements are made on an individual basis. BUT having said that, if you even think there is a chance you will be coming, it's best to follow along, participate in the planning and really get to know the group. That will help ensure you have a fun time. And the meal, activity and tour sign ups do start about 4 months prior to the trip and can fill up quickly.

Hope that helps. If you, or anyone else new has any questions, feel free to PM me. :)

Man.............you guys aren't letting any grass grow, are you?

I am all for doing our trip next year during the Food and Wine Fest. That was fun, with so many options going on! And even though it might be hotter, at least we can do the water rides without the fear of being frozen!

Welcome to our newest newbies already!! :welcome: :grouphug:

My name is Melody.
Wife to Dave for almost 33 years.
4 children and 2 grandchildren, with 2 more coming up soon.:cloud9:
Like to sew, garden and read.
Favorite rides. Space and Indy at DL. ToT and Soarin at DCA.
Favorite eats. Cafe Orleans(Pomme Freites, Beignets) Bengal BQ(Bacon Wrapped Asparagus), Riverbelle's vege salad, Corn dogs, Dole Whips and Apple Pie Caramel Apples. Although, I didn't get either one of the later mentioned cuz I was either too full, or too busy to stop. :sad2:

It's raining here again.

Cheryl, once again. I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt. Your Mom must be so sad too. Hugs to you and her. :hug:
Hope the chicken pox are a super light case. Make sure you have plenty of Caladryl on hand! Take care.

Man.............you guys aren't letting any grass grow, are you?

I am all for doing our trip next year during the Food and Wine Fest. That was fun, with so many options going on! And even though it might be hotter, at least we can do the water rides without the fear of being frozen!

Welcome to our newest newbies already!! :welcome: :grouphug:

My name is Melody.
Wife to Dave for almost 33 years.
4 children and 2 grandchildren, with 2 more coming up soon.:cloud9:
Like to sew, garden and read.
Favorite rides. Space and Indy at DL. ToT and Soarin at DCA.
Favorite eats. Cafe Orleans(Pomme Freites, Beignets) Bengal BQ(Bacon Wrapped Asparagus), Riverbelle's vege salad, Corn dogs, Dole Whips and Apple Pie Caramel Apples. Although, I didn't get either one of the later mentioned cuz I was either too full, or too busy to stop. :sad2:

It's raining here again.

Cheryl, once again. I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt. Your Mom must be so sad too. Hugs to you and her. :hug:
Hope the chicken pox are a super light case. Make sure you have plenty of Caladryl on hand! Take care.

Yay to bacon wrapped asparagus!! My absolute favorite Disneyland food.

Beth - Sorry. I called dibbs rooming with Cheryl first. Besides, as you know, she's like the sister I never had. Plus, you get her in Vegas, so it only makes sense that I get to room with her on the next Diva trip. No hogging Cheryl! ;)

Melody - I wanted to thank you again for the totally cute Pirate Princess pin you gave to me. I received lots of compliments on it. Thanks babe! :hug:

Donna - Love the book mark you made for me! That was so sweet of you.....and a HUGE surprise for us! Thanks again! :hug:

Tina - Our team name tags were so cute! Thanks for making those for us! Shoot, I just remembered I didn't pay you back for them. I think I owe you $4 or $5 right? Please let me know so I can mail that off to you. :hug:

Okay.....I made it over here already!! I should be able to work with most dates this far out, so let the planning begin. I think that we should go a little later this year and early again the next to get two Diva trips out of an AP like many of you were able to do the last two years. Those are my only thoughts on it!

I'm not sure I can say. :confused3

But I think they were staying in a foreign country. ;)

There were no moaners in Calcutta! Mostly snorers :lmao: I'll admit that I was ONE of the snorers in Calcutta but in my defense, it was hot and crowded there.

Yes, I heard that the moaning Diva was indeed in a foreign country. ;) :laughing:

I had that for the first time during this trip. YUMMO!

I knew you would love it! The bacon wrapped asparagus is probably my favorite snack at DLR. :thumbsup2

I posted this on the other thread, but not sure if it will get seen or if that thread is staying open as a chat thread or what at this point, sooooo I'm reposting it here:

I am okay with "when's the next trip?" though.

I'm ready to plan too!

Whenever ya'll get around to talking about next year - count me in!

I am ready for next year and tammy is in too!

As for next year, Let The Planning Begin !

:banana: Well, grab your 2011 calendars and throw out some dates. (link to online calendar: http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/custom.html?year=2011&country=1&cols=3&hol=57&df=1)
We can get a poll going. :thumbsup2

Keep in mind a few points:

1. February, March and April have worked well for us the past three times so I'm thinking we should stick with in those months. In January we are still recovering from Christmas, and May is getting too close to many family vacations.

2. Avoid holidays if possible. In 2011 the holidays/events we might want to avoid are:
Feb 14 Valentine's Day
Feb 21 Presidents' Day
March 13 Daylight Savings time (move ahead one hour)
Apr 24 Easter Sunday (surprisingly late in the month next year!)

3. I wouldn't let weather factor into our decisions too much, it's simply too unpredictable.

4. Spring breaks typically start the first week of March, and even with Easter being so close to the end of April, in March and April we can run the risk of higher crowds due to school breaks. The closer to Easter, the worse it gets.

5. If dates are thrown around that you think now you won't be able to make, do not despair!!! It's a whole year away. This is why we pick dates quickly so you have time to make it happen. There are no dates that are going to be perfect for everyone but with time to plan hopefully it will work out. AmySue and SarahMay were pretty sure they couldn't make the trip this time once the dates were picked, and yet, they made it happen and had a great time. :goodvibes

The first set of dates to enter into the poll is during Food and Wine, April 14 - 18. That might mean more crowds, and hotter weather, but also more things to do. Something to keep in mind when voting.
We need more dates and options. If you have a week that sounds good to you, post it! I'm looking for 3-4 options for the poll.

Okay pics on the front page are all updated with new ones from this trip, with the exception of Angie, Deb, Donna (Tina's mom), Felecia, Michelle and Steph. Maybe once more are posted I can find some cute new ones to post. :goodvibes
Or y'all can send me one if you'd like. And if anyone has a new pic up there that they hate, just PM me and I'll switch it out with one of your liking. :)

Okay....the moaner was in a foreign country, and I am just saying me thinks she doth protest too much.

In the planning....I would love a time that is not the last week in February...I wanted to come this year, so I blew off my CE...but have got to stop doing that!!!!!! Other than that...whatevs.

I would love to arm wrestle Capri and Beth for a place in Cheryl's glorious digs, but really...love my Calcutta...so will stick with the slums.

SO, you ladies duke it out as needed.

Welcome to all considering the trip. It is truly a fantastic time. It is different for every participant...I feel I missed half the people there...not enough time...apparently royally ticked off a few...solidified some friendships that will be forever branded on my heart...Oh, Sigh.

At least I have not cried since getting home.

But in light of current events...I really really really need someone to help me add a Bad Girls Label to my Avatar. Do we have a REALLY REALLY Bad Girls one?

So, I am not feeling inspired at the moment so I will close with, just a

AmyslightlychastenedbutnotbeatenOkraSue

Oh wait.....I forgot......CHICKENBONES the root of all evil.

I have been waiting for talks for the next trip! Wooo!! I have already socked away some moolah from this years tax return for this one. I refuse to miss another trip with the best ladies on earth! :cool1:

I'm here too. :)

I posted a quick and dirty intro on the other thread.

For any of you facebookers - my name is Kathy Stenger. Feel free to add me!

Hello ladies! Happy to see planning is under way :banana:.

I actually liked the timing during this trip (Sorry Amy :sad1:). It wasn't too crowded and the weather was good. Plus, I wanted to use some DVC points and they are MUCH less in February than March/April.

So my suggestion would be for Feb. 24-Feb. 28 (or anytime in February).

I'd be happy to go anytime, but it will be packed in April (especially during the weekend). But there will be a little more to do.

Just throwing out my suggestions :rolleyes1.

I'm all for these dates too. You're right... April would be more crowded.

I actually liked the timing during this trip (Sorry Amy :sad1:). It wasn't too crowded and the weather was good. Plus, I wanted to use some DVC points and they are MUCH less in February than March/April.

I'd be happy to go anytime, but it will be packed in April (especially during the weekend). But there will be a little more to do.

That's what we want! Ideas. Then...........we vote. :thumbsup2 These dates were good for me weather wise. LOL So I'd be fine with end of Feb too. Gee, how AM I going to vote when it comes time??? :confused:

I would love to arm wrestle Capri and Beth for a place in Cheryl's glorious digs, but really...love my Calcutta...so will stick with the slums.
More than likely I will end up in the slums too. I'm used to it. OR maybe I'll just find a nice bench somewhere close to the park. Then maybe I'll finally make it for rope drop.... lol

I have been waiting for talks for the next trip! Wooo!! I have already socked away some moolah from this years tax return for this one. I refuse to miss another trip with the best ladies on earth! :cool1:
:cool1: :banana: :yay: :thumbsup2

For any of you facebookers - my name is Kathy Stenger. Feel free to add me!
Done. :) I think just about every Diva is on Facebook. Or close to it, with a few hold outs. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter