4/29/06 Eastern Magic...We're Going!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Echo...echo...echo..... Hello?.....anyone out there???? Please?????? Miss you guys! Tell us what's going on!
Marco? (moving closer...) Marco!

We would write more, but we are caffeine-depleted. Jon decided to sign us up for some sort of research study which means that instead of making my 3 pots of coffee each morning, I now have to make them one cup at a time in this high-tech coffeepot that dials into a computer somewhere and tells some market researchers how much coffee we Pacific Northwesterners drink. I used to be able to just sit and enjoy my coffee, but oooohhhhh noooooooo, now we have to be posterchildren for Coffee Drinkers of America and I spend my entire morning standing by this stupid machine making my coffee one blasted cup at a time. It takes me an hour just to get one eye open. Hello! There's a reason we Pacific NW'ers drink so much coffee - we haven't seen the sun since we got off the ship last May! :)

We are the same 'ole PAHW. Jon is on his way to Alabama for a meeting (where *HE* will be able to drink real coffee, I might add!). I am retaliating by letting the dog sleep up on the bed and drool all over his pillow.

We reserved our room for the Oct cruise which means we will bug you guys every month for the next 18 months until you finally give in and decide to join us.

I am going to be in Wash DC the first week of July and trying to convince the Pirate to join me. Anyone close? (Please bring caffeine) ;)

The Coffee-Deprived PAHW
pirate: :surfweb:

Remember how excited we all were a year ago this week?

Sue, I was laughing at your post. Phil and I ran out of coffee once and tried to make do with decaf and it was one if the worst days in my life.

Suzie, we are headed to Ocean City MD this summer to stay with some friends - how far from 95 are you and Ed?

Miss all you guys - I've been spending alot of time on the Transportation board speculating when Southwest will release the rates for our airfare to WDW in August. So far they can get me to Orlando but not back to Philly - hey, that might not be a bad thing!

Lisa

I am going to be in Wash DC the first week of July and trying to convince the Pirate to join me. Anyone close? (Please bring caffeine) ;)

The Coffee-Deprived PAHW

ME, ME!!!!!!!!

Sue, we're only 14 miles south of DC!!! PLEASE COME VISIT ME!!!!! We would love to see you guys if you can make time! It's also Ed's birthday on the 6th, 4th of July and the newest holiday - you guys on the East coast!! WOOHOO!!! Oh, please say it's true?! Make sure Jon comes!!! We'll have a blast!!!!

(in my best pleading voice) PLEAAAAAASSSSEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Suzie, we are headed to Ocean City MD this summer to stay with some friends - how far from 95 are you and Ed?

Lisa

Lisa, we're about 2 1/2 hrs from OC but we are right off of 95 south of DC. Potomac Mills exit for all you shoppers (one of the largest outlet malls - blech...)...so unfortunately not that close.

We are going to Pittsburgh in June to visit Ed's bro and family. They moved there about 4 years ago and we haven't been there yet! How sad is that? Worse they used to live about 20 minutes away and we only saw them on the major holidays - if we were lucky!!!

Wow! Lots of travels this summer!

So, everyone else, where are you going this summer?

Sue, we're only 14 miles south of DC!!! PLEASE COME VISIT ME!!!!! We would love to see you guys if you can make time! It's also Ed's birthday on the 6th, 4th of July and the newest holiday - you guys on the East coast!! WOOHOO!!! Oh, please say it's true?! Make sure Jon comes!!! We'll have a blast!!!! (in my best pleading voice) PLEAAAAAASSSSEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Wouldn't that be cool!!! I looked at my info sheet and I won't be in DC, I will be in Silver Springs, MD. Is that still close to you?

The PAHW

Silver Springs is just the other side of the DC about 45 minutes from here! STILL DOABLE!!!

YIPPEE!!!

Attention 4/29 cruisers!!!! This is important!!!

If you have any pictures on the snapfish account that you wish to print, do so now!!! I got an email that if there were no orders by 5/19 that the online pics would be deleted.

Any questions, email or call me!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program.....

I haven't been keeping up my end of writing on here. Great to hear that Suzie and The Roses will be getting together. Is anybody coming up this way this summer??? :confused3 Everything is turning green finally, and it's supposed to be 32 C today :banana: :cool1: I don't imagine we'll be travelling any where this summer, still too much work to be done on the house. Our schedule has been slowed down with Len & my surgeries, so we really have to work hard this summer. Anybody out there really into landscaping that can give me some ideas on what to do with my yard? My latest idea is to make a windmill to pull water up from the river and use it to make a waterfall off of our cliff beside the house. That way it would cost me anything to run it, and the water wouldn't have to be treated because I would just be recirculating it back to the river again. Len thinks I'm nuts with all my ideas, or maybe he just doesn't like the fact that I keep adding to our to-do list! :rolleyes1

Have a Disney Day!

Barb

:cheer2: Hey sounds like fun down there in DC!

I just got back from a Florida vacation! Oh it was heavenly! It was our first vacation since the cruise - sad, so sad.

We stayed at the condo in Cocoa Beach for most of it - went to MGM one day, Downtown Disney another, and believe it or not, the highlight was Kennedy Space Center. I got to test the new ride - Shuttle Launch Experience. It was pretty good. Much better than Mission Space. The kids had a blast there.

Now we are trying to decide on a new house, plan our December Disney vacation, and work craziness. OK - head spinning. I want to be back on the balcony overlooking the ocean in Cocoa Beach! We watched the Wonder sail off also - that was fun!

OK - there's my mini update.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Great to hear from you Castlegazer. :hug: I still have this thread set with the immediate email notification when someone posts on it, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw your post come through.

It would have been great to see the ship sail off, but I think it just would have made me want to be on it! I had a quick tour of the Wonder in December, and it was so hard to get off after only a couple of hours. Was great seeing the Walt Disney Suite though, that's the closest I'll ever get to staying in it! :rolleyes1

We just bought an old camper (1976) so that will be our vacations for a while. It has a dark orange counter with a gold stove! Most of the colours are dark orange and green though. :scared1: It does have a unique layout, especially for that age. It has a back bedroom with 3 bunk beds in it, which is just great for our three kids. School is over in three weeks, so hopefully by then I'll be off the crutches and we can do some camping.

Have Disney Day!

Is everyone ready for summer? My kids are done with school next week so it's almost here!

Barb, it would kill me too to see the ship and not be sailing away on it! The boys still say on a regular basis that it was our best vacation ever.

Shyla, we haven't really been on a real vacation since the cruise either, unless you count our miserable time at the Jersey shore last summer when the ocean temp was 57. Got most of our plans together for Disney this August.

Have a great day!

Lisa

Tori's out of school now and ready to play this summer! We bought her a pool that is big enough for all four of us (with a bit of room to spare, too!) that sits at the end of our driveway. We don't belong to a pool, so other than invitations from friends, this is it! We all love it and Ameera just tools around in her little floatie! Really cute to see the girls in there playing!

Tori and her class on Pool Day at school (she's third from the left...Princess bikini, what else!)
DSC02417.jpg

Anyway, we're doing well. Ed had his latest heart catheter done and all is well. Doc is very pleased with how things look and won't have to have another done for 2 years! Sure beats every 6 months!

Business is doing good. We're STILL waiting for the contracts to be signed for our new ventures (seems like it's taking FOREVER!!) but I'm trying to learn patience......

We're going to Pittsburgh this weekend to visit Ed's brother and family. Haven't seen them in some time, so this should be good! Wish it was closer to Philly, Lisa! Darn! I can get to the state but just not that side!!!!!

So, how's things where you are?! Drop in and update us all! Wonder what Tom and Steve are up to??????

Not sure if I posted this one....but Ameera is still a little peanut! But she'll be 8 months old on Saturday.

DSC02189.jpg

Tori on the pony ride at the petting farm

DSC02300.jpg

Happy (almost) 4th of July to anyone still out there!

I'm trying to plant the idea for the Halloween double-dip 2008 cruise. I would like nothing more than to do it over again! Although this time we'd also be looking at hiring tutors to catch the boys up in school (high school is what collage used to be) and boarding the dog and probably some seasickness meds for me (for those of you who remember seeing me on the first sea day of our cruise).

Don't count us out yet!

Suzie, it was great hearing from you and Ed. Somehow, someway we will get to see you guys!

Hi everyone! I just took another impromptu vacation to maine for a week. Again relaxing. This is turning from a vacation drought to a vacation glut this summer. SWEET.

Hope all is well- hope it's not too hot - and hope all the wee ones are doing well.

:wave::goodvibes

Hi everyone.I know I have not checked in for quite some time.Just wanted everyone to know all is fine with stevemed and family and I hope all is well with all of you.

Taking a trip to Disney in August with Eggman and family.(what am I thinking with August heat)

Suzie the girls are getting so big.Glad to hear all is well with Ed.It was so sad not to get to meet up with you guys last time we were in Disney.

Take care everyone.:banana: :banana:

Taking a trip to Disney in August with Eggman and family.(what am I thinking with August heat)
HA! I have you beat! We're leaving on Tuesday for a week at Disney. Heat, what heat?!?! You Rhodies....actually I'm wondering what the heck we were thinking of to do this trip! We never go this time of year...oh, wait. It's for Tori's 5th birthday! WHOOHOO!!

Have a great trip and tell the Eggman et al we said hi! We really did miss seeing you guys (well, minus our parking lot rendevous) and hope that Shannan was well enough after. I can only imagine the pain she was in! I actually have a cartoon for her ( a friend sent it to me and I could only think of our Desperate Disney Housewife)

desperatedisney.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter