4/20 Magic Cruise for 2, Part 4: Second day at sea!

Dodie

<font color=green>Survived the big crash<br><font
Recap:
DH and I are 40-years-old with no children. We have been to WDW multiple times in the past 9 years and were ready for “something different.” We decided on the 7-night Disney cruise and were not disappointed. However, I will try to be honest in my report – sharing the good and the bad.

Part 4: Second day at sea!

Again – another absolutely beautiful day weather-wise. Calm seas, sunshine, slight breeze!

This was the day that we “did stuff” on the ship, LOL!

DH got up early and went up to the workout area for awhile. I guess he also joined in on a pick-up basketball game on deck 10. When he returned to the room at about 8:00, we had our in-stateroom continental breakfast.

Next was ballroom dancing in Rockin’ Bar D. Today’s lesson was the waltz and foxtrot. It was a lot of fun. Ironically – DH is the dancer in our family. I have two left feet.

After some lunch (an Italian buffet at Parrot Cay), we headed up to deck 10 for a couple of hours of sun. Then we took in one of the Art of Entertaining presentations (very nice – with free samples of the Bahama Mamas they made in the class, LOL!)

After a late afternoon nap (now a tradition), we decided to skip “Morty the Magnificent.” Neither DH nor I really like magicians and our theater experience from the night before was still haunting us. Instead, we went to the Buena Vista Theater to see the movie “Snow Dogs.” It was harmless, slightly mindless, entertainment. We enjoyed it.

Editorial comment: Before the movie began, several of the counselors brought in about 40-50 of the kids from the 8-12 age group and seated them in the back of the theater. I thought, “Oh no! They’ll talk and goof off the whole time.” I was wrong. Those kids were absolutely silent during the movie. The counselors had them in check from the very beginning! I was very impressed.

Dinner that night was in Parrot Cay. This restaurant was my least favorite. Not because of the food or décor, but because of the MOVEMENT. Although the seas were calm, for some reason this restaurant on deck 3 aft and the stores and Walt Disney Theater on deck 4 forward were where I could really feel the movement of the ship and it bothered me a little. Note: We took Bonine every morning and our stateroom was on deck 2 midships (which I would highly recommend), so I was actually fine (except for Thursday when the seas were a little rougher – I’ll report on that later).

After dinner with our new friends and wonderful servers, we headed up to deck 10 for a stroll and then down to Rockin’ Bar D for 50’s and 60’s Rock and Roll Night at 11:00 p.m. This was possibly the most fun we had the whole time we were there. The Johnny Danger Band is awesome and the cruise staff is incredibly entertaining!

More to come…
Part 5: St. Maarten

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter