• RED LANYARD - YELLOW LETTERS

• DARK BLUE LANYARD - WHITE LETTERS

• DARK BLUE LANYARD - YELLOW LETTERS

• BLACK LANYARD - WHITE LETTERS

• BLACK LANYARD - YELLOW LETTERS

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Guys I know I'm new here but.....I need some Disney prayers :worship:, pixie dust :wizard:, novenas:littleangel:, rubbing of Buddah's belly :goodvibes, well you get the picture.....this trip is very important to me.... Any suggestions (aside from you should have used Disney lol) are moooore than welcome. Thanx for letting me vent!! :sad:

Missy
I dont know if this is helpful but....

on 1/18 I cancelled my flight that I booked on orbitz with swissair ....after I found out that many disers were on the aerlingus flight for sat morning
(10:50 AM despite the disney "only after 12" rule)

I really wanted to come home on Sat and swiss could only get me home sunday.... It only took swissair 12 DAYS to credit my account (minus the 75$ per ticket penalty - which was absorbed by the no hotel needed for Sat night)....I don't see why it would take them 8 weeks! That is insane!

I also dont see how changing the date of the flight would result in the CC hold up... just the penalty...which would stink...but they should be able to change the date!

Maybe you can use my story to share it with those you speak to...I would continue to go up the chain of command in expedia till you get this resolved...it was thier mistake not yours....

Another wild thought...Left field long shot ...in PA we have local news station people who fight battles for consumers....it there a TV station that would take up your cause? Like for instance our abc station even has a "call for action" hotline to reort consumer issues....this is really thier mistake... it shoudl be fixed!

I dont know if I have been that helpful but I will say prayers for you, sending good luck your way and sorry this has happend to you.:grouphug:

Christmas Organizing Workshop at Sea:

Here is my updated list (have I left you off? - email me at akblair@charter.net - sometimes things never get to me via junk filter! so please send me a message again.)

mommyto3princesess +2
bound to travel
slcmom
grlzmom + 1
happy goofy
Haimia
DVCGirl49
FirstTimeCruiser +2
Stacijo +1
dizmomof2
SDLong329 +1
Kileybeth
kcashner
Disneymum2201
Michelle2
disneyheather
tjbole71
ttpai
Joius24
bound2travel

OK Guys I know I'm new here but.....I need some Disney prayers :worship:, pixie dust :wizard:, novenas:littleangel:, rubbing of Buddah's belly :goodvibes, well you get the picture.....this trip is very important to me....We are celebrating myself being tumor free (brain) for 6yrs and my husbands 40th bday. We also lost our 6yr old nephew 5yrs ago and have been promising our boys a *big* vacation since then. (Sorry for the sob story.)
Loooong story short (or short for me anyway), we booked our return flight thru Expedia. We had to call Swiss Air to arrange seat assignments ourselves and decided to do this yesterday. We called and <snip> an hr later came to the conclusion we were NOT on the flight we were told we were.:eek: We were booked flying out of Spain 4/4 NOT 4/24. NOW we did not book these flights ourselves an Expedia agent did so over the phone (and she looked up departures on the 10th so HOW she put us in on the 4th is BEYOND me). They now are saying no where in their system does it show they booked this...it appears in their system as being booked on line. (I am SURE Visa can trace this) They want to charge us $75 a ticket to rebook and can't get us on a flight for anywhere NEAR what we paid for these tix. It will take us 8wks to get the original $4k back from Swiss Air which is money I can't afford to have held up during this cruise?!?! :sad2: So you see my dilema. I have ALOT of phone calls to make. Any suggestions (aside from you should have used Disney lol) are moooore than welcome. Thanx for letting me vent!! :sad:

Missymowse - I don't have anything helpful to say, but I am sending you prayers and *warm fuzzies*. I have faith that with perseverance (something you clearly have with all you have been through) you will get through this difficulty.

Good Luck!
pixiedust:

Vote - Steven & Donna for couple #2 - 25 years of wedded bliss - and 3 of the happiest years of my life! :rotfl2:

:rotfl::rotfl:*

last sumer I got the Cannon Powershot D10.

I'll be bringing on this cruise so I can download the water pictures from CC and digitally scrapbook them right away!:goodvibes

That's a great camera! I want a new lens for my Canon for this trip. I've gone from paper scrap pages to plain white pages on Shutterfly with hard covers. I actually really like the clean look after all those years of fun paper and embellishments. :)

OK, I bought tickets from Cadiz to Seville and back. I got the 8:55 train out and arrive in Seville at 10:48 and then return to Cadiz at 6:08 and arriving at 8:04.

yay! Dh thinks we should do the train, so I may be booking that same round trip (Ida/Vuelta) or maybe the 5 o'clock return. That's a long day for our little ones but I know I won't want to leave. :) I know it's important to buy the return for obvious reasons, but was thinking that it would be best for our family to not purchase the return until we are there and see how we're feeling. You never know when someone may have a headache, sniffles, sore throat, or if the weather is scorching and the kids can't handle it, etc.

I have read where they are giving out "coupons" at the end of the cruise for you to give to family members or friends.

Cool because I want to book the Dream while onboard and get friends to join us.

OK Guys I know I'm new here but.....I need some Disney prayers :worship:, pixie dust :wizard:, novenas:littleangel:, rubbing of Buddah's belly :goodvibes, well you get the picture.....this trip is very important to me....

Welcome and good luck! Hope this gets straightened out!

OK Guys I know I'm new here but... we booked our return flight thru Expedia. We had to call Swiss Air to arrange seat assignments ourselves... We were booked flying out of Spain 4/4 NOT 4/24. They now are saying no where in their system does it show they booked this...it appears in their system as being booked on line. (I am SURE Visa can trace this) They want to charge us $75 a ticket to rebook and can't get us on a flight for anywhere NEAR what we paid for these tix.

Options:
1) Pay the reticketing fee, then dispute through credit card company
2) Focus on having Expedia fix the problem - via management

If I understand properly, it seems to me that you *did* book the flight online ... but were required to call the carrier directly to obtain seating ... YES/NO? It sounds like it WAS booked electronically, but you found an error, while on the phone ... YES/NO?

If you check with your cc company, they should be able to tell you how the charge was entered ... electronically, or manually. However, *if* I understand properly, it will likely show as an online transaction ... which leaves you with little recourse ... other than your online booking receipt (hoping you have a receipt which proper dates ... YES/NO?).

Keep us up to date. :surfweb:

<< Travel Insurance >>
---Anyone care to share rough pricing for Travel Insurance? I tried InsureMyTravel.com - OMG - came up with $600 - $1600 per person, for $8200 in coverage (pp).

I called DCL (the rep was extremely arrogant), but was told they do not insure airfare, unless booked through DCL. Then, they offered an alternate GOLD plan (after being told they do not cover airfare). Okay, so the GOLD plan will NOT cover cancellation or interruption airfare, if utilizing airfare booked with air miles. So what's the point of air fare Travel Insurance, if they do not cover air fare? Oy!

*** PLEASE wait for the NEW THREAD (#4) to be officially released, before posting general comments on the new thread. Continue to utilize THIS THREAD, until advised otherwise ***

. . . we booked our return flight thru Expedia.

. . . we were NOT on the flight we were told we were. We were booked flying out of Spain 4/4 NOT 4/24.

. . . They now are saying no where in their system does it show they booked this...it appears in their system as being booked on line.

It will take us 8wks to get the original $4k back from Swiss Air . . .
Expedia is notorious for its poor customer service.

I once booked a fully refundable flight from Expedia. Plans changed, and I requested a refund.

Expedia claimed the ticket was not refundable, even though I had printouts saying it was. I sent them copies, and they still wouldn't budge.

I ended up having to contest it with VISA, which refunded the money.

I suggest contacting your credit card company right away. Good luck.

Woody

Options:
1) Pay the reticketing fee, then dispute through credit card company
2) Focus on having Expedia fix the problem - via management

If I understand properly, it seems to me that you *did* book the flight online ... but were required to call the carrier directly to obtain seating ... YES/NO? It sounds like it WAS booked electronically, but you found an error, while on the phone ... YES/NO?

If you check with your cc company, they should be able to tell you how the charge was entered ... electronically, or manually. However, *if* I understand properly, it will likely show as an online transaction ... which leaves you with little recourse ... other than your online booking receipt (hoping you have a receipt which proper dates ... YES/NO?).

Keep us up to date. :surfweb:

<< Travel Insurance >>
---Anyone care to share rough pricing for Travel Insurance? I tried InsureMyTravel.com - OMG - came up with $600 - $1600 per person, for $8200 in coverage (pp).

I called DCL (the rep was extremely arrogant), but was told they do not insure airfare, unless booked through DCL. Then, they offered an alternate GOLD plan (after being told they do not cover airfare). Okay, so the GOLD plan will NOT cover cancellation or interruption airfare, if utilizing airfare booked with air miles. So what's the point of air fare Travel Insurance, if they do not cover air fare? Oy!

I use travel guard and book with them directly - the agent helps me figure out the best deal for me. For this cruise I missed the 15 day thing by 1 day so I needed to know what else they had and they had one that was a 21 day that I was abe to get and just had to pay a little more.

email me what you want to insure along with booking dates along with ages of people going and I will look a couple of things up.

For my family and friends I am the "go to" person for everythig travel related because I can find the deals :)

Krisann

I'm also a scrapbooker. I've always made traditional scrapbooks but I bought the digital scrapbook software last summer and have used it twice to make scrapbooks for school projects. :thumbsup2: It was a lot of fun but I do miss the feel of the scrapbook, just don't have the time for it!:guilty: Krisann I love the idea of downloading the pictures and creating the scrapbook on the cruise. It would be wonderful to come home and just print it out!:cool1:

For all you digital scrapbookers out there (and those who are looking for a waterproof camera), last sumer I got the Cannon Powershot D10. It is waterproof to 30 ft, drop proof up to 6 ft (okay, I only dropped around three feet but that was an accident!:rolleyes1 shh, don't tell dh!:flower3:) and takes pictures and video. It was really neat last summer to take video on the water slides at Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon! I've always used disposable waterproof cameras in the past but it was great to have a zoom feature on this one. :thumbsup2

I'll be bringing on this cruise so I can download the water pictures from CC and digitally scrapbook them right away!:goodvibes

What type of zoom do you have on the D10? What is the megapizel it takes? Can you tell I'm thinking of a new camera?

Kristi

We have the following for Mexican Train Dominoes:

Woody73 - Woody & Mrs. Woody
Michelle2 - Michelle & Jared
KrisannB - Krisann & Ashley
Happy Goofy - Charlotte & John
ayntlynne - Lynne & Karen
goofprincess - Sandy & Tony​

Anyone else?

Woody

USA WINS GOLD IN BOBSLED ... first time since 1948! :cool1:

USA MEN to take on Canada for Ice Hockey GOLD - this will be an excellent game to watch. The arena will be extremely LOUD! :woohoo:

<< FE Question >>
Can I ask a favor of EVERYONE participating in FE's ... whether it be FE1 or FE2?

If you are participating in FE1 or FE2, and have ANY FOOD ALLEGIES (ie: peanuts, peanut dust, peanut butter ... anything, etc), PLEASE post the information online ... or discreetly send to the FE moderator for proper distribution.

Excellent question - no food allergies for me (other than eggs and seafood and I don't expect that in my FE :lmao: Actually, it's not a true allergy, my taste buds have an EXTREME dislike for the taste of eggs or seafood. But eggs in cookies, cakes, brownies, etc. are ok :thumbsup2

MONICA BLUE! Y'awl should know what that's about!

Hmmmm, I seem to remember a post about that color.... hmmmm ;)

---Looks like more candidates for COUPLE #1 - MATCH YOUR MATES - Rockin' bar D, Deck 3 FORWARD - BE THERE!

Vote - Steven & Donna for couple #2 - 25 years of wedded bliss - and 3 of the happiest years of my life! :rotfl2:

By the way, I found a t-shirt on a popular t-shirt site that says "Danger - cougars in area - proceed with caution :rotfl:

Kristi

There are also LOTS of other cougar related items on cafepress. I didn't make any of them, but some of them are hilarious.

Oh DisneyHeather, you may not be a cougar yet, but they have "cougar in training" t-shirts.... :rotfl:

And I may have a mascot for the cougars if I can find it. :confused3

Kristi

Not sure when your flight is, but if you are flying in same day make sure that for the flight coverage any insurance you buy will actually work for you.

We generally haven't bought trip insurance because the one thing we care about is flight issues. Many don't kick in unless your flight was delayed by 5-6 hours. This window can make a big difference in the price. So usually flying in the day before is about the same cost.

So if you have to be on board at 4pm, and your original flight is supposed to land at 10:30 am and you are delayed until 3pm (only 4.5 hours), you might not be able to get on board in time and your insurance doesn't kick in.

There are also LOTS of other cougar related items on cafepress. I didn't make any of them, but some of them are hilarious.

Oh DisneyHeather, you may not be a cougar yet, but they have "cougar in training" t-shirts.... :rotfl:

And I may have a mascot for the cougars if I can find it. :confused3

Kristi

:lmao: That is great Kristi I may need one of those

New QOTD:

What are your favorite candies?

I love m&m (plain or peanut), snack size snickers, reese's cups, skittles, sweettarts (love the chewy ones), skee (I think that's the name), heath bars, jolly ranchers and peppermints.

Kristi

New QOTD:
Kristi

I love dark chocolate... so Hersheys special dark rocks....the little Dove dark candies , reese cups dark :) but I also like Peanut Chews when I go to the movies. Oh and Jelly Belly Buttered popcorn flavored jelly beans :love:

RE TRAVEL INS>
Steve ....I purchased "Access America" insurance through my local AAA.... it was cheaper than dcl insurance..($148 total) It seems to cover what dcl insurance did although to tell you the truth....I get lost in the mumbo jumbo language of the contract :confused3

Loving all the cougar conversation ..t shirts...thats a thought :)

I LOVE dark chocolate, but really any kind of chocolate, with or without peanuts. Looking forward to going to Italy after the cruise and getting some Italian chocolate.

I have the same question/observation. Our name isn't there either....

I checked the list and our name was not on it. I put it on but then when I went to check it again it was not there. I thought there were about 95 cabins and that list only had about half of that. Am I missing a list somewhere?

New QOTD:

I love m&m (plain or peanut), snack size snickers, reese's cups, skittles, sweettarts (love the chewy ones), skee (I think that's the name), heath bars, jolly ranchers and peppermints.

Kristi

I like Jelly Belly's (but not the sour ones), Reese's Pieces, Malt balls the Whopper ones, Reese's cups, milk chocolate or white chocolate I'm not really into dark chocolate though. Hot Tamales and Skittles are good too...great now I want candy. popcorn::

What type of zoom do you have on the D10? What is the megapizel it takes? Can you tell I'm thinking of a new camera?

Kristi

It's 12.1 megapixels with a 3x optical zoom and an image stabilizer (which comes in handy when you are trying to film in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon!:lmao:) My daughter uses it at her outdoor ed class in the snow and the pictures have been great! It also tells me when my daughter has closed her eyes when I took the picture. (that happens a lot, we have a blinker.;))

We really like our camera. :thumbsup2 I've always wanted one that does everything so I could stop carrying some many different camera bags. (video, water, regular) Now this one fits in a fanny pack easily or the case clips on to DH's belt loop. (that's even better because then he has to carry it! :banana:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter