3 year old developmental concerns. Please Advise

My nice did not start talking well until she was about 5. She is now a young adult with no learning delays or issues. :hug: It’s sounds like you are doing a wonderful job as a parent.
Same with ours. At three she had about zero vocabulary but she got it eventually.. Interesting that she was a great artist form an very early age. One thing he think contributed is she was an only with no siblings to follow.

Hi there, today he had an OT eval, and she said his version of running in circles isn't atypical because he doesn't do it enough for it to warrant further investigation, for example he can go days without doing it and when he does do it, the whole thing happens under a minute. She wants to work on the toe-walking, says he craves sensory input but doesn't meet the markers to be diagnosed for SPD.

They make these cool shoes for kids with a squeaker in the heel. The kid has to put their foot down correctly to get the squeak out. If he’s looking for sensory input, the squeak would give him that. It has the bonus of making it easier to keep track of the kid when they run (ask me how I know :p).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter