3-Day WONDER Report

mrkrpan

Earning My Ears
We just got back from the 3-day Wonder (3/14-17) and had a WONDERful time. The weather could not have been better - not a cloud to be found....

We got to the port about 1:20 pm on Thursday - later than we had planned, but it was fine. By the time we boarded, we were able to go right to our room and dump our day bag and backpacks. I had ordered the Pillowcase thing for my DS and it was there - great book came with it....

Then we went to explore and eat and by then it was time for the boat drill, which was SO organized - very impressive.

Our cabin was perfect for us (me, DH and DS) and we were quite pleased with our Cat. 11 room - and would choose that category again. The service everywhere on the ship was amazing and we felt very pampered and well taken care of. No request was too much trouble for anyone.

We had the PTA rotation, and loved all the choices - too hard to pick a favorite restaurant.

The first night was a little rough as far as the movement of the ship as I had read about, but I wore the patch and was fine the whole trip....

My DS got sick the last afternoon - after we got back to the ship from CC. He ran a high fever and was just out of it - DH offered to stay with him in the cabin, while I got to enjoy dinner at AP. When I got to AP, I called DH in the cabin and read the menu choices to him, intending to bring him dinner. Our Head Server would not hear of it - he took DH his dinner immediately HIMSELF! What service....

We did not see our DS too much as he wanted to stay in the Oceaneers Club as much as possible. So we (me and DH) had lots of quality couple time just relaxing and talking....something that is a rare item in our busy lives....

DH and I did the wine tasting on our Nassau day and loved it. We got a cool pin too!

Since DS was in the Club almost the whole time in the evenings, we never had dinner with him - which made for a quiet meal, but we missed him and would have liked him to be with us at least one of the nights to meet the staff - our servers were wondering where "young master Dylan" was....and they were quite concerned when I told them on Saturday night that he was ill - and made a big fuss over him on Sunday morning when we ate our departing breakfast...

The food was great and in abundance. Castaway Cay was gorgeous.....wish we could stay there for a week. DS stayed in Scuttles Cove the whole day - didn't want to do the beach at all...DH and I snorkled - some areas were too stirred up, but it was great - my first time.... I did find out that it takes the staff 3 days to prepare the island for the next group of guests, which is why you only get to go there once during your journey....kind of interesting trivia...

The staff was so friendly - we met one CM when we were just walking around and then we saw her about 4 other times and each time she stopped asked about our DS and asked if we were having a good time.

Disney Dreams was as wonderful as people have teased it would be.....

I would have preferred a week, but for the first time cruiser (DH), this was perfect....

Thanks to all who helped with my questions and all the information I've found on these boards - I really felt like I was "in the know" on many items that my fellow passengers were clueless about.

I will post a link in another report as soon as I get my photos loaded.

Thanx for the report and the pictures. We have 400 days until cruise for the first time, can't wait.
:D

Great pictures and it seems like you had a really great cruise!! Only 90 more days to go!!!!

I notice Dylan is wearing some sort of lanyard in the pictures with a card on it. What is that and did they give it to you or did you buy it?

Thanks for the info

Great pics and reports!!! Makes me wanna gooooooo....

It looks like the same lanyard I have. It has DCL logos on it and holds your KTTW card or anything that size. I bought mine onboard at Mickey's Mates. I can't recall the price.

I really enjoyed reading yout report and looking at your picture's. They were great! Your Son is a very hansome young man.

Thanks for sharing your pics! What a handsome family you have!

Made me even more excited than I already am. We leave in 21 days!

Sonya Francisco -
I bought the lanyard on board the ship - it was $6 - my son still wears it around the house with his KTTW card in it - we explained to him that it was "HIS" credit card, and I'll never get it back - I scrapbook, and was hoping he'd give it up for the book, but I know now it's not going to happen.....There were other choices - some for $5, I think some were less - some with plastic cases which would hold a chapstick, cash, etc.

Your photos are great! My daughter and I are going on the 3 day in June(we went last August and on the Magic in 2000). Looking at the album got us so excited! DD (11) said that your trip looked like it was "perfect." Thanks so much for sharing.

Could you tell me what the "pillowcase thing" was?

Thanks!

The pillow thing is from the Magical Treasures brochure from DCL

It is a beautiful pillow case with the ship on it , a great storybook and some sugar cookies- waiting in the cabin when you get there
it costs $27.00 and was worth it

My DS sleeps on the pillow case every night since we got home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter