2BR at SSR, OKW, or AKL

Beckyb3

Mouseketeer
I really can’t decide where to stay. I need to book two 2BR villas for a girls trip with kids (4 moms and 7 kids ages 10-13). I have stayed at SSR and AKL before. I love SSR for the updated rooms and easy access to disney springs but AKL is great for the extra bathroom and the magic of the animals and used to be my favorite. I have never stayed at OKW before.

It’s a short stay (4 nights) so I am not sure the benefit of being close to Disney springs because we may not have time for this. I know AKL takes longer to get the parks but I am not a big fan of the multiple stops at SSR because it can be confusing for non Disney goers and our group may not always be together.

Which would you recommend and why? OKW only has rooms that are not near the hospitality suite if that factors in. Does anybody know if any of these resorts would be more or less likely to give us rooms near one another? I know those are always just requests but the last time I did this at BWV we had villas right next to one another which was nice. If one of them has a better shot of being able to get close rooms, I would definitely factor that in. I know I am probably vastly overthinking this.

The other possible option is seeing if I could get multiple cabins at Fort Wilderness but I am nervous about that because it still feels like a great unknown to me.

Any opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

AKL and OKW are 2 of our favorites. If you did end up staying at OKW, you still have the relaxing boat ride as easy transport to Disney Springs (if you decided to go). If you're concerned about the multiple bus stops at SSR, it won't be much different at OKW - similar set up because both resorts are so spread out.

The rooms at OKW are large and tend to be really nice. The 2BR balconies are huge, and really relaxing. It's also possible that OKW might offer the best chance for you to have rooms close to each other. Keep in mind, most buildings at OKW do not have elevators, so if you're not on the first floor, make sure your group is comfortable with steps. The highest floor at OKW is the 3rd.

AKL - Kidani 2BRs would absolutely be our choice here. You'll have a decent chance of being close together, if you have DVC MS document both reservations as 'traveling together'. The extra bathroom at Kidani has been really nice! If you have a car, the underground parking near an elevator works great. And if you get a savanna view, it's tough to not really enjoy a window or balcony over-looking the animals. With 2 pools and some of the best dining options, AKL is a great choice. That said, you don't have a bad choice!! Have a fun trip!

When you say AKL, I am assuming you mean Kidani, since the Jambo 2BRs do not have that extra bathroom and its 2BRs are smaller than Kidani's. Of the three you list, all are fine but I would lean toward AKV for the animals and atmosphere. As to chances of actually getting rooms close to each other, that would just be anyone's guess because there is no history of results for each resort available anywhere showing the success rate in getting rooms close to each other when requested.

Also, for Kidani as a possibility I do not know whether you are limiting yourself to standard view or you will be trying for savanna view 2BRs. If you mean savanna view, then you have another consideration. The two Kidani standard view GV's actually have Pembe savanna view. Moreover, their point cost is less than the point cost for two savanna view 2BRs. And despite that there are only two standard view GVs, they are many times open at 7-months out. Those GVs have four bathrooms, three bedrooms, and the two bedrooms other than the master bedroom each has two queens. They also have the pull-out couch in the living room, and then another pull-out couch for two in an alcove at the top of the stairs, which also has its own TV and cabinet drawers for clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter