2024 AP Blackout dates Power Pass for Mardi Gras?

Chi35364

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I know that typically Seasonal pass holders were blocked out of Studios park during Mardi Gras Concert days, so we always bought power Pass. Today I noticed a NEW CHANGE for 2024 calendar regarding Power Passholders and i'm trying to understand it:

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/annual-passes/blockout-dates
Power Passholders are blocked out of Universal Studios Florida only until 5pm on concert dates if there is a concert on a blockout date. Concert dates will be announced at a later date and are subject to change.

Does this mean I can only enter Studios park after 5PM or I have to leave BY 5pm? It's a bit different because typically seasonal would block you out for full day in Studios if there was a concert during Mardi Gras.

Oh wow I did not realize they were blocking out some concerts with the Power Pass!

There is no way they could make you leave at 5pm if you are already in the park, unless they treated it like HHN and put everyone with a valid daily ticket or higher level pass in holding pens (or gave everyone wrist bands). I can’t imagine them doing that so I bet it’s a block until after 5pm.

hmm, this is a new change isn't it :(

The only reason I paid extra for the power pass was access during Mardi Gras. Don't care about the concerts as they are usually pretty lame, but I don't like not being able to enter the park.

Universal is starting to become Disney I guess.

Power Pass Holders:
Blockout Dates with No Concert = you can't visit the parks
Concert on Blockout Date = you can visit Universal Studios after 5:00 p.m., but IOA is still blocked
*It's an opportunity to visit when it would otherwise be a completely blocked day.

Seasonal Pass Holders may be subjected to additional blockout dates currently listed due to concerts being added to the schedule.

Power Pass Holders:
Blockout Dates with No Concert = you can't visit the parks
Concert on Blockout Date = you can visit Universal Studios after 5:00 p.m., but IOA is still blocked
*It's an opportunity to visit when it would otherwise be a completely blocked day.

Seasonal Pass Holders may be subjected to additional blockout dates currently listed due to concerts being added to the schedule.
So if I am understanding this correctly: for Power Pass Holders the ONLY blackout dates are the ones already posted, but if one of those happens to be a concert day then you could enter the park after 5:00 pm?

The way I was worried about when reading it, it seemed there might be additional blackout dates on concert days when you would only be allowed in after 5:00 pm.

So if I am understanding this correctly: for Power Pass Holders the ONLY blackout dates are the ones already posted, but if one of those happens to be a concert day then you could enter the park after 5:00 pm?

The way I was worried about when reading it, it seemed there might be additional blackout dates on concert days when you would only be allowed in after 5:00 pm.
I am reading it as they are going to announce Mardi Gras concert dates soon and block out Power Passes until after 5pm on those dates.

hmm, this is a new change isn't it :(

The only reason I paid extra for the power pass was access during Mardi Gras. Don't care about the concerts as they are usually pretty lame, but I don't like not being able to enter the park.

Universal is starting to become Disney I guess.
oh man...I specifically bought power to NOT be blocked either from daytime attendance or concerts during Mardi Gras. It's such poor guest relations to suddenly change this for people who already bought late last year when the fine print clearly didn't specify this restriction.

I know they state that they can change the rules at any time, but they usually grandfather in in more restrictive changes for those who already bought. Do better, Universal. :guilty:

I think it is poorly worded, but if they were going to block power passes out of the concert dates until 5 PM it would have said just that without the qualifying phrase after. It says IF THERE IS A CONCERT ON A BLOCKOUT DATE power passes can enter after 5. It does not say power are blocked on concert dates like it says for seasonal. I'm going to give Universal the benefit of the doubt until further explanation.

Power Passholders are blocked out of Universal Studios Florida only until 5pm on concert dates if there is a concert on a blockout date.

Seasonal Passholders are blocked out of Universal Studios Florida on all concert dates.

I hope it’s just poorly worded. I know we will see more shake ups as 2025 and Epic Universe get closer.

I wonder if they are adding more block out dates for the Power Pass (not just Mardi Gras)?

As of right now Power Passes are only blocked out at Christmas/New Year and Easter. Are there Easter concerts?

It will be incredibly confusing if Power Passes can enter Studios after 5pm on New Year’s Eve (if there is a concert) but not earlier in the day, nor IOA at anytime that day?

I hope someone asks for clarification on social media and it gets some attention so they clarify soon!

But It would be great to go on New Year’s Eve!

I guess being blocked out until 5PM is OK, even through PowerPass was not restricted for Mardi Gras in the past, which is a bit of a bummer but still doable.

If it's after 5PM we can enter, we simply just need to hang out at IOA for that day until 5pm we can hop over to Studios park. From what I'm reading, IOA is NOT blocked out at all during concert dates.

I guess being blocked out until 5PM is OK, even through PowerPass was not restricted for Mardi Gras in the past, which is a bit of a bummer but still doable.

If it's after 5PM we can enter, we simply just need to hang out at IOA for that day until 5pm we can hop over to Studios park. From what I'm reading, IOA is NOT blocked out at all during concert dates.
I still don't see anywhere it says it is blocked out for Mardi Gras.

Power Annual Pass:
December 23 – 31, 2023

January 1 – 2, 2024
March 18 – 30, 2024
December 21 - 31, 2024

January 1 – 5, 2025
April 7 – April 19, 2025

Can I just note that we are 3 weeks out and no concert schedule, not even dates listed yet? So needlessly aggravating.
Yeah, I feel like we have this conversation every year - if I recall correctly I think it comes out around the 21st

Looks as if it came out on the 17th last year.

Same for the food and other activities - makes it tough to plan. In the unlikely event there is a concert Id like to attend it would be nice to know and not be already booked and miss it by a day.

Reactions: ngl
Thanks for raising this. We bought a Power Pass AP in Oct and I am certain that language was not there regarding concert days. Again their "catch all" language re changing terms is there but would be a bad experience to tell people a few weeks ahead of their visit their tickets are blocked out. (We are going in mid-Feb so will be following this post - thanks!)

Concert dates just dropped. You can now see block out dates in the app.
thanks - looks like even if I cant get in on a concert date there are no concerts I am even mildly interested in.

Also note - if you have an AP you can book to ride a float now

here is the list BTW:
  • Feb. 3: Walker Hayes
  • Feb. 10: The All-American Rejects
  • Feb. 17: Elle King
  • Feb. 18: KC and the Sunshine Band
  • Feb. 24: Barenaked Ladies
  • March 2: DJ Khaled
  • March 9: Ava Max
  • March 10: Queen Latifah
  • March 16: Luis Fonsi
  • March 17: Zedd

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter