2022 Trip Planning Thread

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
For fun, because man, I'm really hoping I'm not the only one obsessing ahem... thinking about their next trip. So, for those who aren't returning till 2022, when are you going and what are you planning? :flower1:

So... our 2022 trip has three versions right now, largely because it depends on who all goes, total budget, and if any discounts come out for Canadians this fall (please, please, PLEASE!):

Option 1:

7 nights at Windsor Hills in a townhome, with 3 days at Disney, 1 day at Discovery Cove, and 1 day for Disney Springs (nice meal, the amphibious car ride etc...)

Option 2:

Basically the same trip, just staying on-site at All-Star Movies, with Discovery Cove and 4 Disney days (no Disney Springs). This one only happens if we can get a good Canadian resident deal.

Option 3:

A 9-10 night split stay. 3-4 nights at All-Star Movies at the front of the trip, with 2-3 Disney days, then moving to a condo on the beach (Gulf side), and enjoying some R&R. Probably do a day or two in Tampa seeing the zoo and aquarium, and also doing an Egmont Key cruise with snorkeling, beachcombing and dolphin viewing.

Option 3 is my preference, but DH doesn't really like the idea of having to pick up and move part way through our trip, so we'll see.

So... our 2022 trip has three versions right now, largely because it depends on who all goes, total budget, and if any discounts come out for Canadians this fall (please, please, PLEASE!):

Option 1:

7 nights at Windsor Hills in a townhome, with 3 days at Disney, 1 day at Discovery Cove, and 1 day for Disney Springs (nice meal, the amphibious car ride etc...)

Option 2:

Basically the same trip, just staying on-site at All-Star Movies, with Discovery Cove and 4 Disney days (no Disney Springs). This one only happens if we can get a good Canadian resident deal.

Option 3:

A 9-10 night split stay. 3-4 nights at All-Star Movies at the front of the trip, with 2-3 Disney days, then moving to a condo on the beach (Gulf side), and enjoying some R&R. Probably do a day or two in Tampa seeing the zoo and aquarium, and also doing an Egmont Key cruise with snorkeling, beachcombing and dolphin viewing.

Option 3 is my preference, but DH doesn't really like the idea of having to pick up and move part way through our trip, so we'll see.

Don’t forget most Discovery Cove packages come with 14 day admission to SeaWorld and aquatica to plan for ..

Fun!! Disney daydreaming is my favourite pastime.

We are planning on going March 3-13. We will fly direct from Halifax and have a travel voucher from this year to use for that. Prices are looking really great right now though so maybe we will pay cash and use our voucher for something else.

We will stay on DVC points at our home away from home (Polynesian). So excited to see the renovations there when we go back. We will be able to book our room next month. Going with us will be my parents and sisters-we’ll have a connecting room with them which my girls love.

My biggest query now is how we will get from MCO to Poly. I am SO going to miss the Magical Express. I do not want to rent a car ... maybe we will hire a car service depending on the cost. luckily my girls are booster seat age now. If they were still in car seats this would have been a major pain.

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

I think option 3 sounds awesome !! The more time in Florida, the better I think. But my Dh is like you - I keep trying to push the idea of a split stay and he has no interest in it. He wants to unpack once and stay put.

Don’t forget most Discovery Cove packages come with 14 day admission to SeaWorld and aquatica to plan for ..

You have to pay extra for it now. It's not a lot extra, but, we won't have time for Sea World or Aquatica anyways, so definitely not worth it.

I think option 3 sounds awesome !! The more time in Florida, the better I think. But my Dh is like you - I keep trying to push the idea of a split stay and he has no interest in it. He wants to unpack once and stay put.

Yup. That's him! We might be able to do 9-10 days at Windsor Hills, it just means more of a drive to get to Tampa/Egmont Key etc... for those activities. But knowing him he'd rather drive a couple hours one or two days, than have to pack up and move halfway through.

Me! I can't wait and I love to plan. We will be at Disney on March 12, 2022. I'm not sure if we will leave a little earlier, but the firm "I better see a palm tree" date is March 12, 2022. Other than that I'm sort of planning a few options. Possibly rent a house near Disney and spend 4-5 days at the parks or stay at one of the resorts for Disney days and then head to the gulf in a house for the remainder of our time. I find the gulf to be relaxing but it's also a bit dull for a family of teens and tweens. Orlando area might make the kids happier. Although my husband wants to have some time fishing so maybe. For myself either sounds amazing, beyond Disney, I just want a book, pool, and sun.
In total I hope to have 10 to 14 days but that is very much in the air. Typically we go for a week plus driving time, which is not good enough for 2022.

I'm so hopeful and excited for this trip I'm going to have to hold myself back from hugging the US border guard and kissing Mickey! :D

Me! I can't wait and I love to plan. We will be at Disney on March 12, 2022. I'm not sure if we will leave a little earlier, but the firm "I better see a palm tree" date is March 12, 2022. Other than that I'm sort of planning a few options. Possibly rent a house near Disney and spend 4-5 days at the parks or stay at one of the resorts for Disney days and then head to the gulf in a house for the remainder of our time. I find the gulf to be relaxing but it's also a bit dull for a family of teens and tweens. Orlando area might make the kids happier. Although my husband wants to have some time fishing so maybe. For myself either sounds amazing, beyond Disney, I just want a book, pool, and sun.
In total I hope to have 10 to 14 days but that is very much in the air. Typically we go for a week plus driving time, which is not good enough for 2022.

I'm so hopeful and excited for this trip I'm going to have to hold myself back from hugging the US border guard and kissing Mickey! :D

We have similar plans! 😁 I want very similar things too - book, pool and sun. Just add beach to that list. I want those turquoise waters ♥️

I’m in Vancouver. We typically do Disneyland, but I just purchased WDW annual gold DVC passes for my family of 5 because (i) I qualified for the annual pass recovery program, (ii) they aren’t otherwise selling annual passes at the moment, (iii) I figure that once they do sell annual passes again prices are only going to go up, (iv) I apparently have until Dec 31, 2099 to activate them. 😂😂. So now I am spending all of my time obsessing and strategically planning how many WDW trips I can possibly fit into a 12 month window once the restrictions are lifted. It’s a long haul flight wise but the kids are great travellers and I am ready for a year of Disney!!

Is anyone afraid that the 14 day quarantine will still be around for months even after we are all vaccinated? I'm honestly not trying to be super pessimistic, but until that is lifted I can't get excited about anything we have booked.

So far for 2022 we have a mexican riviera cruise booked on the NCL Bliss out of LA for March 2022 and would like to add on a side trip to Disneyland either before or after the cruise. And we are still waiting to move our August 2021 Northern Europe cruise on the Magic to 2022.....

I would keep your eyes open around Black Friday. That’s how when we always get discovery cove and the combo tickets . I would def check then at least

QUOTE="mshanson3121, post: 62748258, member: 542582"]
You have to pay extra for it now. It's not a lot extra, but, we won't have time for Sea World or Aquatica anyways, so definitely not

Yup. That's him! We might be able to do 9-10 days at Windsor Hills, it just means more of a drive to get to Tampa/Egmont Key etc... for those activities. But knowing him he'd rather drive a couple hours one or two days, than have to pack up and move halfway through.
[/QUOTE]

Is anyone afraid that the 14 day quarantine will still be around for months even after we are all vaccinated? I'm honestly not trying to be super pessimistic, but until that is lifted I can't get excited about anything we have booked.

I am a bit, but am hoping by early 2022 it'll be lifted. Or...what I could see is a quarantine requirement UNLESS you're vaccinated.

I would keep your eyes open around Black Friday. That’s how when we always get discovery cove and the combo tickets . I would def check then at least.

Yes, we'll be buying tickets on sale. Though I have to say, their New Year's sale was even better than their Black Friday! But again, we don't have time for SW etc... so it'll just be DC for us. Unless a lotto ticket comes in and we can stay longer lol.

So far for 2022 we have a mexican riviera cruise booked on the NCL Bliss out of LA for March 2022 and would like to add on a side trip to Disneyland either before or after the cruise. And we are still waiting to move our August 2021 Northern Europe cruise on the Magic to 2022.....

Assuming the vaccine works, and we see numbers drastically go down, I'd hope the quarantine would be gone. Maybe have to get a test and get results first when you get back to not quarantine. My worry is they will make certain people quarantine, like those working in health care or LTC, in which case dh wouldn't be able to travel.

I am a bit, but am hoping by early 2022 it'll be lifted. Or...what I could see is a quarantine requirement UNLESS you're vaccinated.

Yes, we'll be buying tickets on sale. Though I have to say, their New Year's sale was even better than their Black Friday! But again, we don't have time for SW etc... so it'll just be DC for us. Unless a lotto ticket comes in and we can stay longer lol.
What about option #4? Stay 9-10 nights at a townhouse near disney, do your few disney days, then do the discovery cove and get the SW and Aquatica tickets that come with. The add on for those are a lot less then adding disney days and would make for a really relaxed trip because you can just go for a morning or afternoon here or there, you won't feel like you need to stay all day and get your $$ worth.

absolutely! I was hoping that we’d be able to travel this summer but I cancelled my trip a month and a half ago...with the way things are progressing I’m hoping to travel in 2022

I have cruises booked for this December, and next Jan/Feb. I am going to miss Disney though and wonder if I might add a trip sometime April to August, I'd want to do 6 days at Disney with probably 4 day PH (maybe with waterparks) and then 4 or 5 days at Universal. Or switch the order, not sure. I want to have at least a day at each to relax and enjoy the resorts.

I am not too worried about the 2 week quarantine, as long as the hotel version isn't still around. I intend to be vaccinated and have heard from various sources that kids are being in trials for J&J and at least one other so I am hoping that will happen by fall as well. I think once people are vaccinated, they, at least, won't have to quarantine. I believe there are countries and possibly states in the US, that are allowing those with a vaccination certificate to avoid quarantines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter