2018 Member Cruise announced

erionm

DIS Veteran
Set sail on the ultimate Member event—a family-friendly voyage during the heart of summer! From July 23 through July 27, 2018, enjoy a 4-night Disney Cruise to Castaway Cay in the Bahamas from Port Canaveral, Florida on the award-winning Disney Dream.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/list/caribbean-bermuda/member-cruise-2018/

NOTE: Effective, March 21, 2011, Members who do not purchase their ownership interests directly from Disney will not be able to use those vacation points or cash for the Member Cruise.

Last edited:

Are the prices normally this close?

5A for 2017 (7 night) -> 2749/person
5A for 2018 (4 night) -> 2399/person

Seems like for almost half of the nights the price difference would be more significant... but I'm still pretty new to this whole thing so maybe that's actually normal.

I hope nobody books it. Same price but 7 nights to 4. 7k for a 4 night cruise for a family of 4. People wake up. Stop encouraging them to rake us over the coals.

This is Disney high season. Members have asked for a MC when children are not in school.

DCL is more expensive than other lines. Summer is very expensive on DCL.

DH and I will most likely pass because we are going to Italy and Hawaii next year, but if I can find a friend who wants to go, I would!

It will totally sell out. We did the 5-night Bahamas member cruise in August 2015. We had a lovely time, but I would only do another member cruise if it were a 7-night one, we prefer longer.

This is Disney high season. Members have asked for a MC when children are not in school.

DCL is more expensive than other lines. Summer is very expensive on DCL.

DH and I will most likely pass because we are going to Italy and Hawaii next year, but if I can find a friend who wants to go, I would!

Makes sense, I forgot about the season difference from this year's MC and next year's. I'm passing too.

As others have said though, it will definitely sell out.

Yeah, I got all excited about it until I saw how much per person. So used to seeing pricing for 2 adults together.
Though, the itinerary sounds fun.

We are considering doing this using cash. Can we use our TA to book it or do we have to book it directly/ourselves because it is through DVC? I would love to get the usual TA OBC to "take the edge off" of these cash rates! TIA!

NOTE: Effective, March 21, 2011, Members who do not purchase their ownership interests directly from Disney will not be able to use those vacation points or cash for the Member Cruise.

Does this mean that ownership interests purchased by resale BEFORE that date can book the member cruise or is it only owners with direct points after 3-21-2011, regardless of how or when you purchased points? Just wondering if there is "grandfathering" in the same way as for use of points elsewhere purchased before the "restriction" date....

We are considering doing this using cash. Can we use our TA to book it or do we have to book it directly/ourselves because it is through DVC? I would love to get the usual TA OBC to "take the edge off" of these cash rates! TIA!

You have to book directly through DVC and you have to pay the entire amount upfront.

Can only book through Member Services.

You pay the whole amount. The amount is refundable until a certain date, should you decide not to go.

This is very temping, as we are planning a late July WDW week and it would be fun to add this on at the end. We would pay cash, and it seems a little steep for a 4-night cruise -- ah, but 2 stops at CC!! Since we already are cruising the Fantasy for NYE and just paid a deposit last week for an ABD tour in June, I don't think it's going to happen for us this time!

It will sell out in one day.

I was going to say 3 hours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter