2018 Member Cruise announced

This is Disney high season. Members have asked for a MC when children are not in school.

I am one of those that has been desperate for one when the kids are not in school! Heard about this one today, and we are IN!! Yes, we loved the seven day to Alaska, but we've been sad to miss the two since then. I know it's expensive, but it does include tips... :cool:

I am one of those that has been desperate for one when the kids are not in school! Heard about this one today, and we are IN!! Yes, we loved the seven day to Alaska, but we've been sad to miss the two since then. I know it's expensive, but it does include tips... :cool:
I am glad you are going, sorry I will not be!! It should be lots of fun!

Does this mean that ownership interests purchased by resale BEFORE that date can book the member cruise or is it only owners with direct points after 3-21-2011, regardless of how or when you purchased points? Just wondering if there is "grandfathering" in the same way as for use of points elsewhere purchased before the "restriction" date....

Those who purchased resale before that date are grandfathered.

We are not sure what to do. Really wish we had booked for the 2017 member cruise. We were hoping for something during the school year for DH and I to go on by ourselves. We already have a booking for the whole family for August 2018 . This particular week in July will likely be when older DS needs to be at something for his new high school. And he is the huge Disney Cruise fan. We will probably keep the August 2018 booking and forgo the member cruise. It's too bad because we really wanted to do a member cruise. Although, it does seem to be very pricey compared to our August deal which was booked while on board.

Does this mean that ownership interests purchased by resale BEFORE that date can book the member cruise or is it only owners with direct points after 3-21-2011, regardless of how or when you purchased points? Just wondering if there is "grandfathering" in the same way as for use of points elsewhere purchased before the "restriction" date....

Those who purchased resale before that date are grandfathered.

It's not completely clear to me. Here's how it's stated:
  • Effective March 21, 2011, Members who do not purchase their Ownership Interests directly from Disney will not be able to use those Vacation Points to make reservations for the Member Cruise. If a Member wishes to pay entirely in cash, they must still own at least one Contract with Ownership Interests purchased directly from Disney,
So it looks like you can use pre-2011 resale points for the cruise, but it does not say that pre-2011 resale purchasers can book with cash. Fortunately, (?) I think I have a contract in every category! :crazy:

It's not completely clear to me. Here's how it's stated:
  • Effective March 21, 2011, Members who do not purchase their Ownership Interests directly from Disney will not be able to use those Vacation Points to make reservations for the Member Cruise. If a Member wishes to pay entirely in cash, they must still own at least one Contract with Ownership Interests purchased directly from Disney,
So it looks like you can use pre-2011 resale points for the cruise, but it does not say that pre-2011 resale purchasers can book with cash. Fortunately, (?) I think I have a contract in every category! :crazy:
Post 2011 resale only purchasers can't book the member cruise at all. That's how it's been since the first resale restrictions were put in place back in 2011.

We are doing a 7 night NCL cruise for half of the amount of the inside DCL cabin for the two of us, plus it includes adult beverages and free internet and we are in a balcony cabin mini suite. No way can the guest speakers, celebrities, the children's programs and the cabin gifts make up difference in cost. When comes to cruising I cannot see paying Disney prices.

How do I find the cost of this cruise if we are paying cash? I can't find it the link anywhere on line?

How do I find the cost of this cruise if we are paying cash? I can't find it the link anywhere on line?

If you click on the link below the point cost it will show you the point chart which gives cash price as well.

EDIT: Looks like the site is broken, here's a direct link. Click here

Post 2011 resale only purchasers can't book the member cruise at all. That's how it's been since the first resale restrictions were put in place back in 2011.
Right. I was just saying that the wording does not indicate that pre-2011 resale only purchasers could book the Member Cruise with cash only. Their pre-2011 points could be used, as they are grandfathered.

Right. I was just saying that the wording does not indicate that pre-2011 resale only purchasers could book the Member Cruise with cash only. Their pre-2011 points could be used, as they are grandfathered.
Hey guys!

Hope to join you again in this one! Had a great time in Alaska!

If you are eligible to book on points, you are eligible to pay cash (for one or all passengers).

So it is looking like this member cruise will be our first ever cruise. I know it may be pricier than other DCL cruises but it seems like it would also be super fun. How quickly do these sell out? I'm an over-planner so I plan to be on the phone August 6 at 9 waiting on hold I imagine.

So it is looking like this member cruise will be our first ever cruise. I know it may be pricier than other DCL cruises but it seems like it would also be super fun. How quickly do these sell out? I'm an over-planner so I plan to be on the phone August 6 at 9 waiting on hold I imagine.
It will sell out by early afternoon on 8/6.

Oh boy. Does calling just before 9 make a difference? Or will you just get lost on hold?

Oh boy. Does calling just before 9 make a difference? Or will you just get lost on hold?
If I remember correctly from booking this year's MC I started calling 10-15 minutes before 9 and I believe they just said we're not open yet. So the second the lines came on I got on hold and in line.

If I remember correctly from booking this year's MC I started calling 10-15 minutes before 9 and I believe they just said we're not open yet. So the second the lines came on I got on hold and in line.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter