2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Well this is interesting and concerning. Ive been tracking two resorts for two different dates and as of this morning the standard rooms for all of them are now unavailable. For everyone that grabbed a room in hopes to modify, i wish you luck. At the same time the concerning part is that Disney will start excluding some popular resorts since they are all booked up. I know a lot will disagree with that thought process but Disney isn't giving free dining to be nice :) and if their analytics department see that these rooms are selling out 7 month early, then their algorism will determine what they would sell in the next 7 month withhold giving away free food. The optimist in me also wants to say Disney held back these standards to have rooms to offer tomorrow for the promotion:hippie:

Well this is interesting and concerning. Ive been tracking two resorts for two different dates and as of this morning the standard rooms for all of them are now unavailable. For everyone that grabbed a room in hopes to modify, i wish you luck. At the same time the concerning part is that Disney will start excluding some popular resorts since they are all booked up. I know a lot will disagree with that thought process but Disney isn't giving free dining to be nice :) and if their analytics department see that these rooms are selling out 7 month early, then their algorism will determine what they would sell in the next 7 month withhold giving away free food. The optimist in me also wants to say Disney held back these standards to have rooms to offer tomorrow for the promotion:hippie:

I just noticed this also!!! I hope it’s just a glitch????

Is anybody else having issues checking your reservations. When I go to modify the Dining Plan to see the other dining plan options it doesn't load and takes me back to the package and reservation page.
Stitch is killing me all weekend!!!!

No matter what dates I put in, there are no standard rooms in the resorts I was watching. I’m wondering if this is a sign that these standard rooms will be excluded? I think that could make sense based on the fact that these seem to be the rooms most people try to book during FD. I also think they have a harder time filling the more expensive rooms as I have been upgraded from my standard room to a higher category the last two years...

For people who have gotten the FD in the past, is it normal to have the website start doing weird things before it drops?

Same. But I have a hard time believing that resorts' standard rooms are already booked up for December. Let's just hope Disney is preparing their inventory for the Free Dining drop tomorrow! :tongue:
I work til midnight tonight so I'll be taking a quick nap then stalking the Disney site starting at 3am. **fingers crossed**

No matter what dates I put in, there are no standard rooms in the resorts I was watching. I’m wondering if this is a sign that these standard rooms will be excluded? I think that could make sense based on the fact that these seem to be the rooms most people try to book during FD. I also think they have a harder time filling the more expensive rooms as I have been upgraded from my standard room to a higher category the last two years...

same here, the room I have been watching for months (POP standard) has been available and today it's not. I'm so ready for this to be over so I can move on to obsessing about Fastpasses!

It just happened again. I am worried this will be my morning. It lets me get so far & then Stitch comes up!!!!
trying browsing in with a private window with safari or firefox, or icognito in Chrome.

the cache and cookies are probably causing you issues on the Disney site.

Same here. We are gong in August so I booked a while back but changed resorts yesterday from ASMu to POP and got a regular standard room...now I only see a pool view standard there...I got a good room discount but am hoping to modify to FD.

I keep getting someone ate the page when I check on my reservations.
I hope it means there is some behind the scenes updating going on. :rolleyes1

I can see my reservations just fine?

Try clearing your cookies and/or using another browser. The Stitch page pops up allllll the time, even without all the free dining rumors floating around. You may also want to try the incognito mode. Travel agents have to use incognito mode all the time because they are constantly looking for quotes and Disney tracks the cookies if incognito mode isn’t used.

Is anybody else having issues checking your reservations. When I go to modify the Dining Plan to see the other dining plan options it doesn't load and takes me back to the package and reservation page.
Yes! I can look at any other part of my reservation to modify but the dining...I don't get stitch though. When I click to modify dining, the page just refreshes back to my reservation page.

Yes! I can look at any other part of my reservation to modify but the dining...I don't get stitch though. When I click to modify dining, the page just refreshes back to my reservation page.
Yeah! I haven't gotten the stitch page at all - I am getting the exact same thing. Hopefully they are just doing things on the backend for the drop TOMORROW o_O

I have been reading along and waiting anxiously with everyone. I am hoping for POP in September. My TA will be dealing with the chaos and I will be having a nervous breakdown :badpc: waiting for her email!! Hopefully we will semi-normal again in a few days!
You can always keep refreshing your MDE until you see the Free dining added to your package That’s my plan!

So, someone on ******* said that TA’s or CM’s we’re talking about special training Monday morning. Could mean a Tuesday morning drop.
This is what my TA emailed me about last night. She said that Disney has set up a special training for all TA’s and CM’s on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter