2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

I dreamed that FD dropped overnight and I slept through it. LOL!!! WHat a nightmare

I had a dream it dropped but everytime I tried to click on the offer it disappeared or sent me to a different webpage. Def a nightmare lol

I also dreamed a similar dream. The lack of info at this point is driving me nuts!!! I am obsessed.

There is usually a lot more info out there, it's been so quite, that it makes me wonder if its not going to be this week. driving me crazy. I know that historically it should be though.

Need a bit of advice. We are booked at Port Orleans Riverside December 18-26. I have read that the Port Orleans resorts are typically excluded from the free dining offer. If free dining drops, would you move to a deluxe resort in order to receive the offer? Price wise, am I saving any money by paying more to upgrade? Would the price be the same if I simply added the dining plan to my current reservation? Thanks for your help.

Need a bit of advice. We are booked at Port Orleans Riverside December 18-26. I have read that the Port Orleans resorts are typically excluded from the free dining offer. If free dining drops, would you move to a deluxe resort in order to receive the offer? Price wise, am I saving any money by paying more to upgrade? Would the price be the same if I simply added the dining plan to my current reservation? Thanks for your help.
That all depends on how many of you are going and how old are they. Also are you planning on staying at Port Orleans even if you dont get free dining? How long are you staying?

There is usually a lot more info out there, it's been so quite, that it makes me wonder if its not going to be this week. driving me crazy. I know that historically it should be though.
it’s really hard to tell about offer drop day this year as it’s the first time in a long time that there are 5 Monday’s In April. We can look at it like
A) FD dropped the 4th Monday in April for the last 3 years or,
B) FD dropped the last Monday in April for the last 3 years.

Those 2 scenarios(of which I don’t know which one is correct) could make a HUGE difference in drop day this year.

It could be the 23rd (4th Monday); 30th (last Monday) or honestly any day Disney chooses.

Hoping our 2 reliable sources hear something soon and are able to share here.

There are too many unknown factors for any of us up decide this for you. How many people in the room? How many adults vs children. What room categories do offers require when the offers drop? You’ll need to run some numbers probably including FD vs room discount if you’re considering moving to deluxe resort.

I am beginning to think that it might drop next Monday. That is just awful for me because I will be out of town. I bet their "meeting" is abut tiered ticket prices and that they are going to train them this week and then enact them when they drop free dining. There haven't been any rumblings from our reliable sources. This wait is stressing me out. I had hoped we would all be done with this by tomorrow.

it’s really hard to tell about offer drop day this year as it’s the first time in a long time that there are 5 Monday’s In April. We can look at it like

Those 2 scenarios(of which I don’t know which one is correct) could make a HUGE difference in drop day this year.

It could be the 23rd (4th Monday); 30th (last Monday) or honestly any day Disney chooses.

There are too many unknown factors for any of us up decide this for you. How many people in the room? How many adults vs children. What room categories do offers require when the offers drop? You’ll need to run some numbers probably including FD vs room discount if you’re considering moving to deluxe resort.

That all depends on how many of you are going and how old are they. Also are you planning on staying at Port Orleans even if you dont get free dining? How long are you staying?
2 adults and 2 children ages 15 and 12. I am planning to stay at Port Orleans if free dining is not offered.

FD dropped on Thursday, May 9, 2013 (My daughter got an FD PIN that day so easy to remember). So it's been a few years but a drop in early May is not out of the question; May was somewhat common drop previously. Fingers crossed for everyone waiting for FD that it drops soon.

I can only tell you how I plan. I run the numbers with and without the plan. Now we always book a dining plan, so for my family those numbers are a true number. If your family does not dine the way a plan is designed the number is skewed.

So, cost out POR, which is not always included, with your food budget in mind. Be honest in how your family dines and look at what you believe the actual costs will be. Make sure you add in the hoppers because hey are usually required for a FD rate.

Then price out the Deluxe resort, and include your hoppers in that price. Now you have a trueish comparison of the overall cast vs savings. If the cost is close, i would chose the Deluxe, because my family uses the amenities, but that is a personal choice. The leap from moderate to deluxe can be costly, and the choice to do so is very personal.

I'm hoping it somehow it drops tomorrow! I've got the day off from work so it makes it easier knowing I can nap on monday after staying up all night (and hopefully scoring FD). :cheer2:

Staying 8 nights
checked on a few numbers for you. POR 8 nights, 8 day park tickets, paying for regular dining plan which will be around $2400. Will be around $6500 with no discount, you may save a couple hundred dollars with a room discount. Animal Kingdom lodge 8 nights with free dining, 8 day park tickets with hopper $6500. If it was me I would go to a deluxe resort.

Are any of you getting Stitch ate your page on the Disney site? its happening a lot while i play with dates & options preparing for FD. I've even tried on my mobile device & the same thing is happening a lot.

Are any of you getting Stitch ate your page on the Disney site? its happening a lot while i play with dates & options preparing for FD. I've even tried on my mobile device & the same thing is happening a lot.
I was just on the Disney world site comparing prices for you and had no errors

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter