2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it's just speculation but I really think Disney is going to use this opportunity to unpool the kids and adult credits on the qs and deluxe plans. With the addition of alcohol they'll most likely be doing some significant changes to the registers or p.o.s systems so I think now's the time. I am hopeful they'll continue to allow sharing, either sharing a credit or buying meals for others not on a ddp, but I think pooling is done.

Hi Folks! Do you know if we can use DDP credits at Ghirardelli on Disney Springs? Can we use credits to get chocolate bars? Thanks! :mickeyjum

Of course it's just speculation but I really think Disney is going to use this opportunity to unpool the kids and adult credits on the qs and deluxe plans. With the addition of alcohol they'll most likely be doing some significant changes to the registers or p.o.s systems so I think now's the time. I am hopeful they'll continue to allow sharing, either sharing a credit or buying meals for others not on a ddp, but I think pooling is done.
I have a feeling you are right! But like you also hope sharing will be continued :)

So since I have a friend working in a restaurant at WDW now, I asked her what she knew about the new DDP for next year. She confirmed a few things that she's 100% sure of (of course, it's coming second hand, so none of this is guaranteed):

- as of January 1st, everyone on the DDP will get an alcoholic beverage included with their meal, whether they are on the 2017 plan or the 2018.
- alcoholic drinks will be for those over 21, and it will be one per person; if you get a second alcoholic drink, you can't use someone else's drink to cover it, you need to pay OOP for that drink. Similarly, if you have two adults on the plan over 21 and two adults on the plan under 21, those under 21 cannot order alcohol for the parents to drink (does that make sense?) She's been advised that this extends to soft drinks too: if mom and dad each get a beer, and the two kids (adults on the plan) get water and mom then orders a Coke, she'll have to pay OOP for it.
- the drinks with glow clip lights won't be included in the plan (the Tinkerbell/Ariel/Buzz ones) but cocktails that include a glow cube will be.

Thanks for sharing. It's very difficult for some of us that have January trips to decide if we want the ddp without really knowing what will be allowed. For instance, DH and I may get the dxddp if sharing a credit is still allowed. If it's not, we won't buy it but it makes planning a bit more complicated.

Thanks for sharing. It's very difficult for some of us that have January trips to decide if we want the ddp without really knowing what will be allowed. For instance, DH and I may get the dxddp if sharing a credit is still allowed. If it's not, we won't buy it but it makes planning a bit more complicated.

She didn't say anything about sharing credits not being allowed, but to be fair I didn't ask. I would think the only thing there would be only getting one drink, although if the other person just drank water it wouldn't be a big deal. I agree that January trips will be a bit complicated; I'm sure different restaurants might be handling things differently in the beginning, and it might take a while for it to all settle down. The non-Disney restaurants especially might handle things differently. She said that wine, beer and cocktails would be included, but things like wine/beer flights wouldn't be, and I'd imagine restaurants with more expensive glasses of wine might put a price cap on.

I'm actually a little excited for seeing what happens in January :)
We are going Jan 14 so not so much excited but a bit anxious. We haven't added the DxDDP plan yet to our reservation , waiting to see if Disney still allows sharing. I know I don't post much to the DIS while I am there but I'm hoping others will report back asap. Wondering if there's other sites that we should be watching as well.

We are going Jan 14 so not so much excited but a bit anxious. We haven't added the DxDDP plan yet to our reservation , waiting to see if Disney still allows sharing. I know I don't post much to the DIS while I am there but I'm hoping others will report back asap. Wondering if there's other sites that we should be watching as well.
That’s what we are waiting on as well. We go on January 27, and we will get the DDXP for one of our rooms if they still allow sharing.

the one I see is not updated and is missing a whole lot of restaurants

Edited to add that when you go to each restaurant page right above where you can click on menu you can click on some dining plan excepted and it lists the 2018 credits so it looks like most if not all restaurants that were on 2017 are on 2018..if you go by whats on the website

Last edited:
Is there a list of participating restaurants for 2018?

the one I see is not updated and is missing a whole lot of restaurants

Edited to add that when you go to each restaurant page right above where you can click on menu you can click on some dining plan excepted and it lists the 2018 credits so it looks like most if not all restaurants that were on 2017 are on 2018..if you go by whats on the website

Last year's final update didn't come until a couple weeks into the year, but if history is any guide there shouldn't be any surprises.

Last year's final update didn't come until a couple weeks into the year, but if history is any guide there shouldn't be any surprises.

But when you say a couple of weeks into the year, does that mean the restaurants missing won't be participating the first couple of weeks?

But when you say a couple of weeks into the year, does that mean the restaurants missing won't be participating the first couple of weeks?

No, it is just a delay with the brochure. The DDP contracts are finalized by Jan. 1 and participating restaurants will be accepting the plan right along. It just takes Disney a couple of weeks to get the .pdf updated and made available to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter