2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

There wont be a concert that requires you waiting in line for hours for a good seat. Walk by the pavilion about an hour before and see what the line looks like.
Thanks. I know they are a bigger deal to DH, and he thinks they are a bigger deal than most people. :rotfl:I told my mom we moved the entire trip so he could see sugar ray, and she said the boxer?? I might just book a dinner package, just would rather not if it's not necessary.

Ok all my F&w experts, please tell me, as we switched our entire trip to see 2 of these concerts.....what is the best plan of attack to see these concerts other than spending $200 plus dollars on a dinner that I really dont want to eat at to get seating? Waiting in line hours before? Is there any other option? I'm desperate to finalize my plans, FP day is the day after tomorrow.
You can just hang out in front of the American Adventure Pavilion and listen to any of the concerts perfectly well without being in the theater itself. There are even tables & chairs out in front of Liberty Inn. If you need to be in the theater seating area the cheapest option is the breakfast package for Garden Grill.

So I'm a bit disappointed in the offerings this year - We're there during an apparent dead time. No PTFS, no cheese seminars. We'll see what DH wants to do, but he's not enthused by most of the specialty offerings. Even the signature offerings are limited to Yachtsman and V&A - and V&A is definitely not in the budget. We're not doing Wine and Dine, so I guess we'll have a lot of time to hang out in Pandora or something... How is a ten day span so sparse?! I'd like to do deminars, but have protein limitations, so I can't do anything with those until we know what they are. This is SO unbelievably frustrating that we have booking opening in four days and nothing to work with. I hope we get the deminar schedule soon. Methinks extending the festival was a bad, bad move. It's all the same amount of program, but with two additional weeks.

Two years ago, we were happy as clams with the premium package, and dining, and everything else. I'm glad we're going with friends this time around who are going to push us in different directions.

As of this morning, still no information on the beverage seminars and culinary demos. Certainly the info will be out today as early bookings begin tomorrow.

So I'm a bit disappointed in the offerings this year - We're there during an apparent dead time. No PTFS, no cheese seminars. We'll see what DH wants to do, but he's not enthused by most of the specialty offerings. Even the signature offerings are limited to Yachtsman and V&A - and V&A is definitely not in the budget. We're not doing Wine and Dine, so I guess we'll have a lot of time to hang out in Pandora or something... How is a ten day span so sparse?! I'd like to do deminars, but have protein limitations, so I can't do anything with those until we know what they are. This is SO unbelievably frustrating that we have booking opening in four days and nothing to work with. I hope we get the deminar schedule soon. Methinks extending the festival was a bad, bad move. It's all the same amount of program, but with two additional weeks.

Two years ago, we were happy as clams with the premium package, and dining, and everything else. I'm glad we're going with friends this time around who are going to push us in different directions.
I feel you. I'm going the same weekend you are (only 4 days though) and there's esstentially nothing. I'm going with a friend specifically for F&W. If we didn't already have airfare booked, we'd change the weekend. I'm disappointed to say the least, but will make the best of it.

Sorry you're in the same spot.

I feel you. I'm going the same weekend you are (only 4 days though) and there's esstentially nothing. I'm going with a friend specifically for F&W. If we didn't already have airfare booked, we'd change the weekend. I'm disappointed to say the least, but will make the best of it.

We are going that week as well. Very disappointing. I think we will limit Epcot to one day and visit food booths. In recent years we have done very few booths because we attended deminars and special events. I'm sure it will be fun - and save us $ - but not what we were planning!

As of this morning, still no information on the beverage seminars and culinary demos. Certainly the info will be out today as early bookings begin tomorrow.

LOL! Why should they bother to put info out? People are going to call and give them money no matter what.

Until their failure to give us information results in us not booking, they aren't going to change. That's why they can get away with a "dead" period for example.

They normally don't have Party of the Senses the weekend of Wine & Dine.

Yes it is a bit light but overall - it is light all around. There is like one week in October that is super busy.

We're going the same weekend and doing all 3 races. I get what you're saying but honestly, there really are a number of offerings and the food booths themselves are a BIG draw for us.

Here's what I have as offered Nov 2-6...

What’s Cooking With… Carla Hall
Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining: Yachtsman Steakhouse
Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining: Victoria & Albert’s
French Family Meal Traditions: Monsieur Paul
The Parisian Afternoon: Sandwiches, Macarons, and Bubbles!
The Hibachi Experience: Teppan Edo
Tokyo Pairing — “Umami” (The Sixth Sense)
Mediterranean Food and Wine Pairing: Spice Road Table
Italian Food, Wine Vs. Beer Pairing: Via Napoli
Italian Food and Wine Pairing Luncheon: Tutto Gusto
Mexican Tequila Lunch
Parisian Breakfast: Chefs de France
Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It! Hands-On Workshops -- DETAILS TO FOLLOW
Culinary Demonstrations-- DETAILS TO FOLLOW

LOL! Why should they bother to put info out? People are going to call and give them money no matter what.

Until their failure to give us information results in us not booking, they aren't going to change. That's why they can get away with a "dead" period for example.
I won't book without info. I'll try for French Family Meal Traditions and Tokyo Pairing and leave it at that if we have no info on what's being prepared at the demos.

OK, I've been looking for this and getting conflicting info. REALLY want to book the Nov. 4 Parisian Breakfast for my mom and I. What time does booking open July 20? Can you book online or by phone? And are the times for each different? (Any help appreciated!)

For those feeling disappointed with what is offered during your trips...we've been there ! Still lots of fun to be had even without fancy seminars and tastings. We have met some incredible people during f&w while stopping to enjoy an adult beverage or two...or three...etc. hope to meet some of you there the week of Oct 8th:flower1:

For those feeling disappointed with what is offered during your trips...we've been there ! Still lots of fun to be had even without fancy seminars and tastings. We have met some incredible people during f&w while stopping to enjoy an adult beverage or two...or three...etc. hope to meet some of you there the week of Oct 8th:flower1:

We are there then as well! Maybe we will run into you. :wave:

I've got a bad feeling about this, that maybe in order to book early and get the $2 discount, you have to book "blind", that is not know what/who you're booking. I know there are no refunds, but can you change your booking date? That is, if I book now for Tuesday, then when the culinary demo specifics come out, want to change to Wednesday, can I do that without penalty? But I'm still hoping that Disney proves me wrong and comes out with the culinary demo details today.

I agree, I've actually decided to cut down on the special events because in the past I've just been exhausted and bloated from so much food and beverage. This year I'll do the Med. Food and Wine pairing meal at Spice Roads because I do it every year and love it and maybe one deminar a day. I enjoy the food ones and find that the wine they serve with those is just about enough for me. I am a little bumed that I won't be there on a weekend because I did a cheese seminar last year and really enjoyed that. Oddly enough it was a cheese and beer seminar, English cheeses that were not even available to buy if you could afford it and it was at 9 in the morning, which is a little early for me for beer but I found I really enjoyed it. I've never met a cheese I didn't like. I'll just have to make do with the cheese plates at the booths.

I've got a bad feeling about this, that maybe in order to book early and get the $2 discount, you have to book "blind", that is not know what/who you're booking. I know there are no refunds, but can you change your booking date? That is, if I book now for Tuesday, then when the culinary demo specifics come out, want to change to Wednesday, can I do that without penalty? But I'm still hoping that Disney proves me wrong and comes out with the culinary demo details today.

Food and Wine festival bookings should be considered "final" purchases. You MIGHT get lucky and get a sympathetic CM in this case who would agree to juggle the system for you since you booked blind, but that's just going to take luck (assuming the system will even let them do it!) Plus of course, they can't "create" a spot for you on a sold out event.

Technically, no you can not switch it or get a refund. It has been sort of hit and miss in the past, some people have been able to talk the people at the ticket counter to switch them. I've never not been able to get a deminar the day of by just going in the Festival Center right when it opens, I think the only one that totally booked out in advance was the one with Morimoto (I think that is his name) showing how to do shusi. I sat on a bench outside the room and watched it, it was fun but since I don't eat shusi I got as much entertainment by just watching as I would have had I been in there. I can't remember if you get the discount if you book it in person instead of over the phone. You will be booking partially blind even when they release the details because all you will know is what the protein will be and who the chef is. They post the menus at the Festival Center the morning of.

The only time I was able to change a culinary demo was due to the fiasco that was the Premium Package a few years ago. We had already booked some demos early and one was supposed to be included in the PP so they were able to put my already booked demo onto my PP and give me a credit. But, in the 3 years I have been going they have never been this late with the demo information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter