2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

I'm debating if I should try to get into the Preview Event. I have to be on the Space Coast on July 14th for something so I already booked myself at Saratoga Springs for the evening of the 14th and 15th.

I did the preview event before many years ago and enjoyed it but not sure if I want to spend the $145 this year since this trip is unplanned.

Funny. I've been debating same. I live here but a lot of $$. But I'm also so anxious for F&W details.

I'm debating if I should try to get into the Preview Event. I have to be on the Space Coast on July 14th for something so I already booked myself at Saratoga Springs for the evening of the 14th and 15th.

I did the preview event before many years ago and enjoyed it but not sure if I want to spend the $145 this year since this trip is unplanned.

R and I will be there with my mom! We will see you there if you decide you are going to bite the bullet on the ticket. It's a lot of money but I figured it would be a nice way for my mom to experience the new items/highlights for this year's festival and then she can decide later whether she wants to return to the actual festival. She's still having some problems with her foot so it's nice to have everything in one place in the showplace pavilion.

R and I will be there with my mom! We will see you there if you decide you are going to bite the bullet on the ticket. It's a lot of money but I figured it would be a nice way for my mom to experience the new items/highlights for this year's festival and then she can decide later whether she wants to return to the actual festival. She's still having some problems with her foot so it's nice to have everything in one place in the showplace pavilion.

I forgot you were going this weekend!

I think I'm out for the Preview as of this morning unless the tire shop can just plug my tire. Looks like my back tire has a leak - I need to get it either plugged or replaced and if you replace one tire - you need to replace 2 for balance especially since my tires are about 2 years old. Hopefully I can just get it plugged!

I forgot you were going this weekend!

I think I'm out for the Preview as of this morning unless the tire shop can just plug my tire. Looks like my back tire has a leak - I need to get it either plugged or replaced and if you replace one tire - you need to replace 2 for balance especially since my tires are about 2 years old. Hopefully I can just get it plugged!

Ugh sorry to hear that. Nothing blows best laid plans like an emergency dipping into your "fun" money :sad2: I will cross my fingers for you!

Is it worth it to get eat to the beat concert reservations. I plan on seeing Sugar Ray on a Mon night. Also when do these deals come out?

We did it last year because DW had to see Wilson Phillips. We did the package at La Hacienda de San Angel and we LOVED that place (how have I missed it for so long?). However, the price was very high and it was so much food on top of what we'd been eating at the kiosks. The seats were ok, but IMO we could've gotten close to the same experience standing in front of the American Pavilion. We both agreed we wouldn't be doing the package again. I'm not saying not to do it if you really want to ensure entry and ok seats. You may have a better experience if you choose a less expensive restaurant and don't hit the kiosks prior.

We did a dining package to see Fuel last year; but only because we were already going to eat at one of the participating restaurants, we weren't interested in the food booths, and I really did not want to take a chance on bad seating for the show. We would have been fine without the reserved seating for the 5:30pm show, especially since the reserved seating was right at the pathway where scooters and people passed between us and the stage throughout the performance. We will probably see Fuel again this year; but this time, if available, we will get a Chase Visa wristband for reserved seating, which has a closer view and better experience. Also, if getting value from the meal alone is important, I'd warn you to be very, very careful in selecting your restaurant. Some packages will cost more than the regular price of the most expensive three course items on the menu.
Is it confirmed there will be preferred seating for chase disney visa holders this years? how do you get the wrist band?

Not yet, that I know of. In the past, a Chase Disney representative has a podium set up in the Chase lounge at the American pavilion. You simply request the show time you desire (only one per guest), show proof of having a Chase Visa card, and receive a wrist band. I hear they do run out quickly, so I made sure to get mine right when World Showcase opened.

So if I have a Chase Visa I can get a wristband, but if by BF does not he can't get one?

Hmmm...I honestly don't know. Husband and I have a joint credit card account, so we each have credit cards. I can't remember if we both showed ours or not.

You and your boyfriend should be fine! I was able to bring my mom in with me last time and she doesn't have a Chase Visa! Just as long as you do, I think you're allowed up to a certain number of guests.

Similar questions to MNMHouston - We will be there with young children on Day 1 of Festival. We have Fastpass reservations for Frozen Ever After at 7p. Any idea whether that'll just be too crazy for them? Also I was wondering if the regular restaurants and bakeries will still be open during the Festival? We wanted to try out bakery items from Les Halles & Kringla.

Similar questions to MNMHouston - We will be there with young children on Day 1 of Festival. We have Fastpass reservations for Frozen Ever After at 7p. Any idea whether that'll just be too crazy for them? Also I was wondering if the regular restaurants and bakeries will still be open during the Festival? We wanted to try out bakery items from Les Halles & Kringla.

Regular restaurants and bakeries will still be open normal hours

Let me jump on the opening weekend band wagon (especially for you Orlando locals out there). I have someone coming for their first WDW trip. Unfortunately, Labor Day weekend was our only option. So, we're between Epcot on Saturday (Sep. 2) or Sunday (Sep. 3). I would typically think opening weekend Saturday would be the most crowded. But, I'm wondering if Sunday may see a bigger uptick with the Labor Day holiday on Monday. (Noting I'm more about showing him Epcot itself with some F&W kiosks vs. actually tasting all F&W is offering). The other consideration is our Animal Kingdom day. Saturday gets us magic hours there. But, their ROL packages are already totally sold out as were FOP FPs within 1 hour of the 60 day window opening. I'm concerned DAK may prove very crowded Saturday as well.

I know this is the first year this is happening. But, any thoughts on DAK vs. Epcot on September 2 and 3 are greatly appreciated. This veteran is stumped on this one! haha

Has anyone heard when we will be able to sign up for some of the special events, such as the lunches or dinners with wine pairings? Thanks!

Has anyone heard when we will be able to sign up for some of the special events, such as the lunches or dinners with wine pairings? Thanks!

No information is out yet. TIW preview event is on the 15th so info will probably come out sometime after that. Usually it is about a week to 10 days before you can actually book events.

No information is out yet. TIW preview event is on the 15th so info will probably come out sometime after that. Usually it is about a week to 10 days before you can actually book events.

What is TIW preview event? You are saying after this event, it is usually a week to 10 days before we can book? Are most of the bookings done online?

Thanks.

What is TIW preview event? You are saying after this event, it is usually a week to 10 days before we can book? Are most of the bookings done online?

Thanks.

TIW = Tables in Wonderland--a Disney dining discount program for annual passholders and DVC members. Disney puts on a preview of the items that will be offered in the kiosks during F&W along with entertainment.

As to your other questions--Yes and No--bookings for the special events are typically made by phone and will fill quickly once released.

Thanks.
Typically the beverage seminars and culinary demonstrations can be reserved online. For the special events, it varies. Last year, general seating for the Party for the Senses could be booked online but if you wanted reserved seating or the wine view lounge, you had to call in. I believe the dining packages for the Eat to the Beat concerts could also be booked online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter