2016 Virtual 5K Series

Good job @snowman !

Sunday is our planned day for the first one! I really wish they had emailed the link to the bibs and put it on RunDisney.com instead of just hoping you found it on social media, seems lazy on their part a little.

Oh they're there now under runner info, after they had multiple complaints, I'm sure.

Oh they're there now under runner info, after they had multiple complaints, I'm sure.
Well, that's good thanks for posting that, I like that quality better than the facebook ones as facebook compresses things.

Went to a small school track and ran ran ran. Boy am I going to pay for this for a while. Slowed down my pace to see if I could run longer than a 5k without stopping. Ran out of gas at 4 miles but kept trucking. Ended up running double. Couldn't wait to stop. Medal 1 complete.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    207.9 KB · Views: 18
Did you guys see the shirts for the virtual 5ks? Im not sure how to link but if you look at run disney Twitter page there's a link to tee spring to order until June 12th. And 20% goes to charity it looks like.

Did you guys see the shirts for the virtual 5ks? Im not sure how to link but if you look at run disney Twitter page there's a link to tee spring to order until June 12th. And 20% goes to charity it looks like.
No--just went on Twitter and did not see anything. Can you link it?

Just completed my second 5K. My first one ever in my life was last Sunday for Yellow Shoes. I was hoping to record a much faster time today (I am NOT a runner!). I took only 2.5 minutes off. Still proud if myself--two 5K's in a week.

You should be proud. Great job!

Has anyone completed other virtual races? Is it normal for them to ship the medal so late after the run. As a runner in my first series I would love to be able to wear it proudly the day when I complete my run. It seems less special that I have to wait so long after the run is completed to get the medal.

Jeff Galloway offered a virtual half and a virtual 5k. My running group did it as a training run. Both required actual proof be sent in and it did take a while for the medals to arrive. I think the time is the trade off for not having to go in person. It was still nice to receive it even though I had forgotten about it. I wonder if they are doing bulk mailings?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I just found this while I was looking for information about this run. I've signed up for all three, but I wasn't sure if I needed to send in anything or if they just send me the medals.

I was supposed to do the Happy Haunted 5K in October 2014, but my mom and me were really sick the morning of the race. It was such a disappointment to not be able to do it. My two aunts did it, and loved it. So, this gave us the opportunity to do something similar to what we missed. I wanted to do the 5K during the race weekend in January, but my mom and me just purchased a farm so she talked me out of spending the $$$, then I ended up booking us a trip in December instead and I'm now regretting not signing up for the 5K in January instead. Oh well, this will give me at least a little Disney experience.

The Happy Haunted 5K would've been our first official 5K, and then my next try at a 5K happened this past April but I skipped it because it was 40 degrees and pouring rain. My boyfriend ran the half marathon at that event and thought I was being a baby for skipping, but I don't like being cold. Anyway, last weekend I ran my first 5K with my mom, and this past weekend we ran our second 5K.

Ran our "Yellow Shoes" 5k today. It was warmer than it's been and of course windy (heck it's always windy here) but fun! We did it as an out and back twice, so then we saw each other a few times since we were spread out (4 of us). The shirts are inkjet tshirt paper ironed on the tech (polyester) shirts. I had never done tech shirts with the inkjet iron ons and it seemed to work fine (won't put them in the dryer). Next one is in 2 weeks for us (unless yucky weather we'll switch dates, the benefit of being a virtual race!). And next time I should warm up first, I can't start fast out of the gate, I guess that's kind of like a real RunDisney race though when you wait in the corrals and aren't warmed up.
thumbnail_IMG_6450.jpg

I just registered for the series today! Like several other posters, I'm not a runner. I've tried before, but I can't stick with it. However, I love Disney and I thought this was the perfect way to get started! I'm 24, and I'm starting to find that I can't eat whatever I want, like I used to. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter