2016 Virtual 5K Series

Hi! I'm Melissa, turning 33 on Friday. Decided to join runDisney this year as a motivation to get in better shape. Also because we will be going on our first cruise on the Disney Dream in August 2017 and my kids and I definitely want to join the Castaway Cay 5k. I've done several Breast Cancer 5k walks with my coworkers but missed the last two years.

My DD and I signed up. I have a couple of questions: 1) Do we report anywhere that we completed the first 5K? 2) I am trying to print out the bibs and I can either print it out smaller (copy/paste image) or if I save it to my computer and try to print it, it is too big for a 8.5x11 piece of paper. What am I doing wrong?

ETA: I answered my second question by going directly to the runDisney website and printing off our bibs from the event page. Thanks!

TIA

Last edited:
Saw this posted on facebook. They look large! So my question is... how did someone get these already? lol
Wow, where on FB did you see those? They are huge. I wa sunder the impression they were being sent 30 days after the race date. The second race window has not even opened yet.

My name is Debbie and I am from Canada. I recently registered for the virtual 5K series.
I started my runDisney hobby with the Tower of Terror 10-Miler in 2013, at the age of 49.
Since then I have completed:
5 - 5K races including Jingle Jungle in 2014, Princess in 2014, 2015 and 2016 and Castaway Cay in Nov 2015
3 - 10K races including Princess in 2014, 2015 and 2016 (2015 & 2016 were part of the Glass Slipper Challenge)
3 - Half Marathons including Wine & Dine 2014 and Princess 2015 & 2016 (both part of the Glass Slipper Challenge)

Wow, where on FB did you see those? They are huge. I wa sunder the impression they were being sent 30 days after the race date. The second race window has not even opened yet.

I saw them pop up on 2 different facebook pages I follow. The first one said it was borrowed from another page, then I saw another page used the same photo later. I was never able to figure out where the original photo came from.

Here is the first page I saw them on: https://www.facebook.com/Run-Disney-Virtual-Shorts-Fans-and-Support-1611025775890212/

Thats actually a pretty cool page for these 5ks. The other page I saw this photo on was "Disney Runners" but I think they took it from the above link.

The OCD in me researched and dug until I could find some information on this lol

This is what I found:
"Not being shipped yet. They were on display at a cast members fitness expo. They will ship withing 30 days of each run"

Has anyone completed other virtual races? Is it normal for them to ship the medal so late after the run. As a runner in my first series I would love to be able to wear it proudly the day when I complete my run. It seems less special that I have to wait so long after the run is completed to get the medal.

Has anyone completed other virtual races? Is it normal for them to ship the medal so late after the run. As a runner in my first series I would love to be able to wear it proudly the day when I complete my run. It seems less special that I have to wait so long after the run is completed to get the medal.
After the medals arrive, run it again, then have someone special present you with the medal. :thumbsup2

After the medals arrive, run it again, then have someone special present you with the medal. :thumbsup2

But wouldn't all the facebook, twitter, DIS board pics look more awesome with folks wearing their medals after they completed the run (as per runDisney's timeline)? You would think this would be the logical way to set it up?

I do virtual races with the Hogwarts Running Club and yeah the medals get shipped after the races - some people do them after they arrive but I find it really great, I get to run the races and post screenshots from my phone then when I get the medals I get to post all new photos of me wearing them.

Here I am when I got my umbridge medal

IMG_0826.JPG

Last edited:
Did my first EVER 5K. 3.1 miles, on my treadmill in 88 minutes and 4 seconds. Since I am over 300 lbs and this is my motivation to keep pushing I will take that as a win. And a great place to start from.
Congratulations, and great job! :jumping2:

Thanks for the support!! I expected to be exhausted afterwards but I'm not. I'm looking forward to the next one!

Good job @snowman !

Sunday is our planned day for the first one! I really wish they had emailed the link to the bibs and put it on RunDisney.com instead of just hoping you found it on social media, seems lazy on their part a little.

Good job @snowman !

Sunday is our planned day for the first one! I really wish they had emailed the link to the bibs and put it on RunDisney.com instead of just hoping you found it on social media, seems lazy on their part a little.

Good luck with your run! Gonna post pics?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter