2015 Roll Call

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Life is short. Live it well.
Sounds like its time for a 2015 Roll Call thread, as at least two Canadian Disers have posted just this week that they have booked their 2015 trips. :)

Post your travel dates, resort(s), and any other pertinent details here :) .

Was wondering when someone was going to kickoff the 2015 thread! :goodvibes

We're mostly planned out now. Sheraton Vistana Resort, March 14-21. We're back in our home unit in Courts section for the first time in 5 years; first time since it had a full renovation. Very excited to see the transformation.

Planning to drive this time, probably leaving very early morning on Friday 13th with an overnight in Georgia. DD probably won't be joining; she's graduating HS this year and her reading week break won't align. But DS might be able to bring a friend along instead.

DW says we are going light on the parks this time. 1 Disney, 1 Universal, 1 Water Park (I'm gonna be retired by the time I finish off these 10 day WPFAM NE tickets). The rest of the time will be R&R by the pool. The boys will be old enough to hit the parks solo, so I expect they'll get a few more adventures in.

Already getting excited; only 11 more months to go (332 more sleeps!!!) :lmao:

Woohoo! So excited for a thread!!

We are going Sept 10th-19th 2015 - All Star Music!
(Unless the food court is still under renos and then well book AS sports)
Seriously hoping for Free QS Dining

Flying For SURE. Probably WestJet.

We will be 499 days out on the 29th of this month!! I am excited to be on an actual Disney timeline lol. But we probably wont actually book until September or October.

We are planning to do: MNSSHP, Wishes Dessert Party, Hoop Dee Doo, CRT and BBB!

It will also be me and DH's 5th wedding anniversary! And Grandma will be turning 60! She is a huge Disney lover and goes EVERY year with her partner. She has been battling cancer for the past few years, so we want this to be the best and most special trip ever! We have some surprises planned for her.

Our 2015 dates are not finalized just yet, but we expect them to be the first week of May and sometime mid-October. DS will be wrapping up his first year of college, so the May trip will be after his first year concludes, and the second vacation will be scheduled for his reading week in the fall of his second year. These may be the last two trips we take with our boy! :scared1:

Staying at Sheraton Vistana Resort both times.

I am guessing our May trip will focus on the SW parks again (if DH has his way, Discovery Cove will be among the plans!), or it might be a resort trip with some small non-park activities (like the new Orlando Eye complex, with the Sea Life Aquarium and Tussauds Wax Museum, assuming its open by then). For the October trip we would like to focus on the seasonal special events like MNSSHP and Halloween Horror Nights at Universal.

So far, we have only visited Orlando during Christmas, January and August....so we are excited about trying out two new months of the year!

We have recently decided against doing an all inclusive in Jamaica for our Spring 2015 trip, and instead will be going back to Disney! Unsure of when we will go, we know it will be between March and May, whatever time is anticipating the lowest crowds. So I'm at the stage where I am researching/deciding when will be the best time for us to go..amongst planning our days for our October 2014 trip to WDW on touringplans.com haha

My dad and step mom just became snowbirds and they want us to do WDW next year instead of Disneyland. After 6 Disneyland trips, I'm a little apprehensive of WDW but that's a problem for the future!

DH wants to go all out and make it a WDW/Disney cruise combo with some time with the family as well. Looks like that is what we are going to be doing for spring break next year!

We are already trying to plan out to 2020 when we have our 20th anniversary Disney Cruise as platinum members!

we have 3 more trips this year May (Rock your Disney Side Party), August for a week and December for 5 days.

For 2015 we have planned two so far:

March 2015
Drive from Toronto on Friday March 13th non stop (other than food and bathroom breaks) and arrive on Saturday March 14th. Staying at Grand Floridian for the week. Then we drive home on Saturday March 21st arriving home on Sunday the 22nd.

May 2015
We plan to book flights to California! We want to go on the Disney Wonder out of San Diego from Sunday May 17th to Wednesday May 20th. We plan to stay at the Grand Californian but I have to wait till November to book. Then we will do DL California and California Adventure before going home on the Sunday.

I'm opening to doing some meets if you are down during March Break :) Just send me a message.

Marianne

Aladora, you're going to LOVE WDW!

I am jealous of those of you driving. We currently own a car (downtown Toronto dwellers) so we'll be flying, but I've always wanted to do the drive.

We're arriving January 6 and staying until January 16. Our longest trip yet! We're staying at Caribbean Beach Resort - we stayed there in 2012 and loved it. We're thinking of doing 2 nights at Art of Animation in Cars Land, for my car-obsessed four-year-old. If we save up enough, we'll also do 2-3 nights at the Poly. I've never done a split stay before, any tips?

And most exciting of all - my husband registered today for the Disney Marathon Goofy Challenge! :banana: He's been training for 6 months and I'm so proud. For those who aren't familiar, the Goofy Challenge is a 5k, 10k, half and full marathon in four days. You have to be very fit and more than a little crazy. ;)

Booked and ready for 2015!
January 17 to February 2, 2015

Flights booked! Check

Animal Kingdom Lodge booked! Check

Ready for 2015!

We are currently planning a trip for the first two weeks of May. It will be my family and my sister's family so 8 of us in total. It will be a whirlwind parks tour - SW/Universal/Disney.

Claire

February 2015 is the goal:cool1:.

We are definitely doing a few nights onsite at Universal. Ideally 2 nights there and 3 park days. The rest is up in the air. I have 2 day Disney tickets that I could upgrade for far less than tickets usually cost us, so we'll see what the budget is and what we feel like as the months roll by. If we get to February it will have been 14 months since the last Disney trip and I might be missing it more by then. If not, there is plenty else in the Orlando area to explore.:goodvibes

November 5-11, as it stands now. Those dates may be adjusted once we see what the school year's breaks look like. We're both teachers and empty nesters. Nothing booked yet but we're looking forward to having a newly redone room at CBR. :)

Nothing booked yet, But as usual looking at April. Easter is a little earlier next year and we like to avoid that time if possible. The last couple of years we have flown into St. Pete and spent a few days at the beach before going to Orlando. Our vacation is not all Disney, this year we went to see Jersey Boys, SW and a hockey game in Tampa. Downtown Disney is always a must do. We have even considered flying down and driving home, the car rentals are usuall qute reasonable at that time of year because they want them moved out of Florida. We could drive perhaps as far as Boston and fly home from there. Just thinking about it at this point.

Have a two night stay on February 19 and 20 then on to a Eastern Fantasy cruise with our entire family to celebrate mine and my wife's 60'th birthdays.

BTW Gina. I would bet that you will have many more vacations with your son. Children always seem to find a way to tag along, especially if Mom and Dad foot the bill.....small price to pay.

we are looking at Nov 2015 for a big family trip. nothing is booked yet just in the works now

last big family trip we did there was 15 of us and we went to Disneyland for my moms 50th

so now its time for another family trip and there are even more kids now. I think it will be around 25 people this trip and we decided to make it a big trip and go to DWD for a week

we are thinking of staying at the Art of Animation which will be the first Value resort we have stayed at we have always stayed at Moderate resorts in the past.

BTW Gina. I would bet that you will have many more vacations with your son. Children always seem to find a way to tag along, especially if Mom and Dad foot the bill.....small price to pay.

I hope you are right :) . Nothing would delight me more than to have his vacation time line up with ours, even once he is out on his own!

I think we have our dates, April 7 or 8 until the 19th. Have to book flights as soon as we get a good price.

As for what our plans will be, I assume we will probably do 8-10 nights in Florida, with at least one night at RPR,the rest at Pop Century. We will definitely be doing both Universal Parks and all Disney Parks. We are trying Busch Gardens in October so we may go there again in the Spring if we enjoy it.

We are doing a back-to-back cruise on the Disney Dream January 30, 2015, so we are hoping to fly in a couple days early to stay at Contemporary or Polynesian and do Magic Kingdom!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter