2014 anybody?

Zanzibar138 congratulations on your flight bookings, complicated but great price! I'm flying business class this trip to Europe (with Emirates) but only because I'm going by myself without the husband and kids, and we were left some money from our uncle who passed away last year so we are treating ourselves as normally it would not be an option. And also my sister in law is a travel agent so she was able to get an ok price. It's nice to actually be looking forward to the flights instead of dreading them as usual.

Heidi, great to hear Ash is looking forward to DL now. And I wish you could come with us too! But you have DL, and hopefully Las Vegas, and one of these years we'll get everything coordinated enough to go on another trip together.

Just booked our flights (well most of them anyway)! We didn't go Qantas in the end. DH found an incredibly good deal (so good that it HAS to be a mistake fare :worship:) flying business class all the way (oh, with the exception of that first class sector across the Atlantic...) with Etihad :hyper: I don't want to repeat myself too much, so I'll put all the details up on my PTR :thumbsup2

Fantastic! Sounds like an amazing price:) I don't think so will ever fly anything other than cattle so I hope you take lots of photos and tell us all about it!

Fantastic! Sounds like an amazing price:) I don't think so will ever fly anything other than cattle so I hope you take lots of photos and tell us all about it!

We've managed a few business class stints now, but I never thought I'd get to go first!

I will definitely be taking lots of photos and sharing in great detail when I do my TR :thumbsup2

Just booked our flights (well most of them anyway)! We didn't go Qantas in the end. DH found an incredibly good deal (so good that it HAS to be a mistake fare :worship:) flying business class all the way (oh, with the exception of that first class sector across the Atlantic...) with Etihad :hyper: I don't want to repeat myself too much, so I'll put all the details up on my PTR :thumbsup2
Oh MY!!!!
Well done!

Thought I'd give you an update on our plans, seeing as I've just got off the phone with our friends at the DLR. All accommodation is booked, as are most of the tours we have planned. It's 75% paid for, just need to finalise details of a couple more tours and swap some AUD for USD before we leave.

So we have 11 nights in the US. Staying 5 nights at PPH, 2 nights at DLH, 3 nights at the Venetian in Vegas, before returning to GCH for 1 night. This morning I bought a Premium AP (there for block-out dates on 18th and 19th April and I have those planned as big DL days, so couldn't buy just the Deluxe AP). I rang the DLR hotel people and had the AP discount applied to our 3 hotel bookings, for a 10% saving on each. The CM actually volunteered that I should keep and eye out for extra discounts for our bookings and phone back in advance to have these dicounts applied. Only issue with the discounts is that bc I'd already paid in full for our trip (wanting to ensure the price didn't increase due to any drops in the AUD) I have to wait until we checkout of the hotels before our AP discounts are reunded to our cc. The hotel savings were AU$400, so with the cost of my already paid for 10 day parkhopper (which I will cancel), I am even with the cost of the Premium AP, so any further hotel discount and food and merchandise discounts bring us out in front. :yay:

Something a bit exciting - the family wanted to see the Blue Man Group in Vegas. I checked online and actually bought us front row-centre seats! The girls will love that we'll have to wear ponchos over our clothes! Might see another show while in Vegas but will be happy to sight-see and spend some quality time relaxing in our suite :woohoo:

Time to finish planning our meals, seeing as we are 4 days away from being able to start booking our reservations online!

Thought I'd give you an update on our plans, seeing as I've just got off the phone with our friends at the DLR. All accommodation is booked, as are most of the tours we have planned. It's 75% paid for, just need to finalise details of a couple more tours and swap some AUD for USD before we leave.

So we have 11 nights in the US. Staying 5 nights at PPH, 2 nights at DLH, 3 nights at the Venetian in Vegas, before returning to GCH for 1 night. This morning I bought a Premium AP (there for block-out dates on 18th and 19th April and I have those planned as big DL days, so couldn't buy just the Deluxe AP). I rang the DLR hotel people and had the AP discount applied to our 3 hotel bookings, for a 10% saving on each. The CM actually volunteered that I should keep and eye out for extra discounts for our bookings and phone back in advance to have these dicounts applied. Only issue with the discounts is that bc I'd already paid in full for our trip (wanting to ensure the price didn't increase due to any drops in the AUD) I have to wait until we checkout of the hotels before our AP discounts are reunded to our cc. The hotel savings were AU$400, so with the cost of my already paid for 10 day parkhopper (which I will cancel), I am even with the cost of the Premium AP, so any further hotel discount and food and merchandise discounts bring us out in front. :yay:

Something a bit exciting - the family wanted to see the Blue Man Group in Vegas. I checked online and actually bought us front row-centre seats! The girls will love that we'll have to wear ponchos over our clothes! Might see another show while in Vegas but will be happy to sight-see and spend some quality time relaxing in our suite :woohoo:

Time to finish planning our meals, seeing as we are 4 days away from being able to start booking our reservations online!

Wow I am so jealous that you're staying in all 3 onsite hotels! You'll have to do a comparison thread when you get back :thumbsup2 Good work with the premium AP too!

DH and I saw the Lion King front row centre in Vegas :goodvibes Was so awesome to see all the costumes etc so close. The Blue Man Group sounds fantastic! As does your suite :rotfl:

Heidispidi, it sounds like you have a great trip planned.
The Venetian looks beautiful.

I highly recommend the Cirque shows in Vegas. They are amazing.

Zanzibar, one of the 3 times I saw Lion King at the West End, I was sitting front and centre. The costumes are amazing - gave me goosebumps.

I would love to see one of the Cirque shows. DH, being a Beatles fan, would like to see the Love show. Will look into it. Thanks for reading guys :-)

Heidispi, i think we miss you by a few days, we will be staying at PPh on the 10th April. We got a great deal after wanderlust posted an orbitz code and got PPH for $230:cool1:
What day are leaving Australia?
Also very jealous of your plans to stay at the three DL hotels, will be a fantastic trip!

Gogo65, we leave Sydney on the 13th April, so looks like we will miss you by 2-3 days. Are you headed home after PPH?

So I booked my MEL-LAX return flights with qantas a week ago, and I still haven't got a confirmation email from them and there is no charge made on my credit card. This is weird, right? I had a voucher that paid for part of the fare, so booking was a little complicated. I have managed to login with the same number as the voucher, and the flight is listed. I even booked advance seats - but that cost hasn't come off my credit card either. Has anyone else experienced this?

Gogo65, we leave Sydney on the 13th April, so looks like we will miss you by 2-3 days. Are you headed home after PPH?

No heidispidi, pph is our first night, we only have one night then fly out the next day to Miami, just a quick day and night prior to heading to the east coast:thumbsup2

So I booked my MEL-LAX return flights with qantas a week ago, and I still haven't got a confirmation email from them and there is no charge made on my credit card. This is weird, right? I had a voucher that paid for part of the fare, so booking was a little complicated. I have managed to login with the same number as the voucher, and the flight is listed. I even booked advance seats - but that cost hasn't come off my credit card either. Has anyone else experienced this?
It seems a little weird, in saying that, I booked some flights for my friend using their frequent flyer points in may last year, and they have still only deducted 96k points instead of the 280k:scared1: all her flights are listed on the QF website, so I think maybe they forget to charge occasionally, let's hope they forget::yes::
Wish they would forget to charge me!!

I would just keep checking your bookings, have you checked the qantas website, to see if the seats you booked are blacked out?? It may give you some indication

Lol I'd be too scared that I wasn't actually booked in to just hope they forgot to charge :)

Is it possible to see what seats are booked out? I could only get to that section once I had gone through the whole booking process.

Yeah, it's the same number as the voucher I bought a couple of months ago, which is also a little odd, but maybe their system is setup that way (are you asking me to give it to you to check something?).

I also just logged into the app, which has my FF details and it listed 'next flight' with the correct info. So I'm guessing it's secure...?

Yep it should be ok, if you can see it in your bookings using the booking number:thumbsup2
You can double check your seat allocation when using your booking number, if you view your booking it should give you the option of change my seat, however it should also have your selected seats in your booking.

As a back up do a dummy booking here
https://ifly.sabreexplore.com.au/searchAir.do
It shows what seats are available

Ahh that's perfect! Look at that, there's a little me sitting in my little seat hehehe :) well...maybe I shouldn't prompt them to take my money..?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter