2014 anybody?

and I am pleased as the dates didn't suit our window we are happy we didn't hang out to see if Qantas price matched Air NZ! Everyone is happy!!

Thanks! Ceremony will be Sea Breeze Point with a reception at Backstage Prop Shop. Plus a bunch of other activities like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, dinner at Planet Hollywood and farewell lunch at Crystal Palace with our guests (we're expecting about 20-25!) so it's gonna be awesome. I'm even looking forward to just getting up & having Mickey waffles with some friends. Actually, I'm mainly looking forward to Mickey waffles in general.

My fiance booked our flights through a family friend who is a travel agent for Flight Centre so I'm not totally sure! I think our package is right around $4000 for flights for the two of us but we are doing Brisbane-LA, LA-Vegas, Vegas-Orlando via Dallas, Orlando-LA-home again. From memory it was gonna be about $400 cheaper to add our bags and stick with Air NZ but the extra flight time and general worry about adding really essential bags meant we just didn't want to risk it this time. We've told our guests to get in while the offer is on though, only one more day!

Sounds fantastic!:cheer2:

Yay! We finally have a Qantas sale :cool1: We will be booking our flights tonight :goodvibes

My dates with Qantas are $1590:sad1: I am going to keep waiting, at the moment Virgin prices are the best for our dates.

Does anyone know when Virgin might go on sale?

So my agent has found flight for $2000 for adel-bris-Dallas- Miami and then return orlando- Dallas- bris- adel.

Is this about what everyone else is paying?

Hmm $1938 for MEL-DFW-BOS and MCO-DFW-BRS-MEL. Very tempting! If only I wasn't told yesterday I'd need surgery in a few weeks that will cost around $3.5+k...need to get home and run the numbers.

Edit: thanks for the tip zanzibar138!

I've been back a week from a two month trip and am already thinking of our next one, but it won't be to the US. I'm thinking Vietnam. We do go to NZ in July this year though, for a family reunion, but that doesn't really count.

I've been back a week from a two month trip and am already thinking of our next one, but it won't be to the US. I'm thinking Vietnam. We do go to NZ in July this year though, for a family reunion, but that doesn't really count.

Welcome back! No better way to get over the post-holiday blues than to start planning the next one :thumbsup2

I highly recommend Vietnam. We went there for our honeymoon (part of my HKDL Honeymoon TR). We're heading back there in 3 weeks too so will have information about some different places when we get home.

We are going to Vietnam in April with Adventures by Disney. Vietnam AND Disney! Very excited!

Oooh sounds awesome! We went to Saigon and Hanoi on our honeymoon, and are going to Hoi An and Siem Reap on our upcoming trip :goodvibes We really wanted to do Luang Prabang as well, but in the end we ran out of time and had to choose between Laos or Cambodia.

You'll have to do a TR - I'd love to see what it's really like doing one of those tours!

It was hideously expensive but I was dying to do it so we just lived a bit frugally for a while (my wardrobe suffered a little). It is 13 days in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. We have never participated in ANY organised group travel so I am anxious about it but I am sure it will be fine. I am actually looking forward to travelling without doing any of my usual control freak pre planning work. We will definitely do a blog and I will post a link.

It was hideously expensive but I was dying to do it so we just lived a bit frugally for a while (my wardrobe suffered a little). It is 13 days in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. We have never participated in ANY organised group travel so I am anxious about it but I am sure it will be fine. I am actually looking forward to travelling without doing any of my usual control freak pre planning work. We will definitely do a blog and I will post a link.

I had a quick peek at the ABD website before ;) Sounds amazing! I will definitely be keen to read your blog.

How cool! I'm feeling quite envious of everyone's planned trips to Vietnam and Cambodia. It looks like a wonderful part of the world. I was originally booked on a cruise there this Christmas, but cancelled since it missed the places I really wanted to visit such as Angkor Wat and Halong Bay.

One day I'll get there, so I look forward to reading all the TR's.

Uhmm, NZ so does count! :rotfl:

Where are you visiting? This April I'm off to some of my favourite spots in the South Island as well as a few places I haven't been (Stewart island and The Catlins). I can't wait. :)

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip Zanzibar. Only 3 weeks - exciting! DD loved Siem Riep. There and Vietnam are high on my trip list now. The friend DD travelled with last year was meant to be touring Sri Lanka and Cambodia now with other friends. She's made Cambodia OK after being laid up for a week in KL with para-typhoid she caught in the 24 hours stopver there -not fun, so she missed Sri Lanka. Its on the immunise only if you are a health care worker, going out into the backblocks-sort of thing so not common - a totally different species to normal typhoid. This is the sort of luck not uncommon with Ash - DD was amazed they got around Asia last year with only a few dramas.

I'm a bit excited now I can say I'll be in DLP this month. Leaving for London on 21 Feb and will be in DLP on 26 and 27 Feb. It's not a long time there, but I have the plan worked out including early entry and Fastpasses. My brother is not looking forward to it and said he doesn't know if he can stand a while day and a half at Disneyland!! ( he's never been to any before), but his wife is really looking forward to it, so I'll have fun with her and grumpy brother can sit in the hotel if it's all too much!

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip Zanzibar. Only 3 weeks - exciting! DD loved Siem Riep. There and Vietnam are high on my trip list now. The friend DD travelled with last year was meant to be touring Sri Lanka and Cambodia now with other friends. She's made Cambodia OK after being laid up for a week in KL with para-typhoid she caught in the 24 hours stopver there -not fun, so she missed Sri Lanka. Its on the immunise only if you are a health care worker, going out into the backblocks-sort of thing so not common - a totally different species to normal typhoid. This is the sort of luck not uncommon with Ash - DD was amazed they got around Asia last year with only a few dramas.

Oh your poor DD's friend! Yuck!

Yes, very excited about our trip now :thumbsup2

I'm a bit excited now I can say I'll be in DLP this month. Leaving for London on 21 Feb and will be in DLP on 26 and 27 Feb. It's not a long time there, but I have the plan worked out including early entry and Fastpasses. My brother is not looking forward to it and said he doesn't know if he can stand a while day and a half at Disneyland!! ( he's never been to any before), but his wife is really looking forward to it, so I'll have fun with her and grumpy brother can sit in the hotel if it's all too much!

My DH was not looking forward to our first trip to Disneyland either, and he LOVED it! Same with my Dad. I think boys just don't want to admit to being excited about it ;)

Just booked our flights (well most of them anyway)! We didn't go Qantas in the end. DH found an incredibly good deal (so good that it HAS to be a mistake fare :worship:) flying business class all the way (oh, with the exception of that first class sector across the Atlantic...) with Etihad :hyper:

I don't want to repeat myself too much, so I'll put all the details up on my PTR :thumbsup2

Oooh Zanzibar, well done on your extra good fares! How exciting!

Aust, our brother last night said he is looking forward to DLP. I think you have him at least a bit interested now! Talking through your plans last night with him and his DW, it made me wish I was coming too!

69 days now for us. I revised my household budget tonight to account for various changes including my slight drop in pay with the job change. The great news is that I have enough money leftover from our (expensive!) move and house purchase to pay for our trip, no credit card required! So happy about that. And while I am not 100% excited about my new job that I start on Wednesday (I didn't get the one 5 mins from home unfortunately), at least it will pay the bills and not eat into that cash. Yay!

So interested to hear all of our plans coming together for 2014!

I played around last night and I think we can put Vegas back into our plan! It was in our original plan but got put in the back burner. South West airlines have some reasonable packages.

So I once again need Vegas hotel suggestions from those who have been there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter