2012 Swap Calendar/Preparation

Nancy I cna host Secret Sister swaps again. I am not sure about other things- life has been so crazy this year and I don't want to commit and have trouble following through- I also think that any swaps I will be in next year will be to make gifts.

Hi Nan!

I would like to give up Parks/Icons ~ 2" words & 4" letters. Someone else can hostess it if they'd like.

I do want to keep the Pass It Forward Swap. I'll let you know sign ups soon.

If hopemax doesn't want the paper piecing swap, I'll take it.

I'd like to hostess a new swap too if it's okay. Disney Wall Art. Picture all black mickey heads with different techniques/embellishments on each. participants each make the mickey heads and once you get them back you mount them to a 12x12 canvas (available at michaels for a couple bucks) and hang on the wall. It's suppossed to be an inspiration piece for a variety of different scrapping techniques. I made a similar project in a scrapbook class and it's hanging in my scrapbook room. I'd ask that everyone use the same bazzill black cardstock color base for the mickey heads and sign up for the different techniques I have listed. IF someone didn't want to use it as wall art to decorate their scrapbook room etc. then you could use the individual mickey heads as embellishments. What do you think?

I'd like to hostess a new swap too if it's okay. Disney Wall Art. Picture all black mickey heads with different techniques/embellishments on each. participants each make the mickey heads and once you get them back you mount them to a 12x12 canvas (available at michaels for a couple bucks) and hang on the wall. It's suppossed to be an inspiration piece for a variety of different scrapping techniques. I made a similar project in a scrapbook class and it's hanging in my scrapbook room. I'd ask that everyone use the same bazzill black cardstock color base for the mickey heads and sign up for the different techniques I have listed. IF someone didn't want to use it as wall art to decorate their scrapbook room etc. then you could use the individual mickey heads as embellishments. What do you think?

While I'm planning on being swap free, this sounds fantastic!!! I would love to play :)

I love Rachal and Traci's new ideas! would be up for those!

Traci - I have your items marked.. just let me know when..
I would probably be up for the Disney Wall Art depending on when... :)

Can I do the wall art swap in July and the pass it forward in September? i'll give you more firm dates later if that's okay.

Ya! New swaps!

Nancy will get you more info soon. I think my notes are on my computer at home. But basicly you choose a theme Disney, holiday, spring, summer, etc partner up everyone, you know your partner. You make and send to each other. Do a basic questionaire, but you can ask more questions and chat on the thread and via pm, email etc really get to k ow them.

Items: one altered item, basicly something handmade but not papercrafted
You can do other goodies too. Limit $10
then handmade stuffs: a new "challenge" every week.everything has to be within the theme and done to what your partner will use/like Examples: week 1, 6 photo mats, week 2, 2 shaker boxes, week 3 titles, week 4, paper piecings, week 5 mini album. All items have to fit into regular swap standards. Then at end of time mail to each other.

Super fun! Id get the best stuff from my partners and I could use everything since it was catered to me.

I think that sums it all up and hope it makes sense. Trying to type while dbf is driving. Haha.

I'm giving up the holiday swap. I've had it the past two years; I think it is time for a change.

Are all of the park swaps spoken for? MK, AK, Epcot, DHS? I could host one of them.

What does everyone think of a "virtual" swap? What I mean is making titles in either SCAL or CDS and making a test cut of your own (to keep) so that we all know it works properly?

Each person would email their file and photo to me, and I would upload them to a site where we could all download them. We could do general titles, Disney titles, etc.

I'm giving up the holiday swap. I've had it the past two years; I think it is time for a change.

Are all of the park swaps spoken for? MK, AK, Epcot, DHS? I could host one of them.

None of the large swaps are spoken for Susan. We are just finishing DHS so if you would take that one I would suggest waiting 3 months....

None of the large swaps are spoken for Susan. We are just finishing DHS so if you would take that one I would suggest waiting 3 months....

If none of them are spoken for, can I have one of the other ones? (DHS is my least favorite to swap...not sure why:confused3) Is one due to open in January? I think MK? I could do that one, or one that opens in March or April.

What does everyone think of a "virtual" swap? What I mean is making titles in either SCAL or CDS and making a test cut of your own (to keep) so that we all know it works properly?

Each person would email their file and photo to me, and I would upload them to a site where we could all download them. We could do general titles, Disney titles, etc.

WOW! Awesome idea!!!

If none of them are spoken for, can I have one of the other ones? (DHS is my least favorite to swap...not sure why:confused3) Is one due to open in January? I think MK? I could do that one, or one that opens in March or April.

Susan,
All 4 are open, I just mentioned DHS as I just finished it, not that you needed to take it... You can take whichever one would make you happiest.. just trying to keep their sign ups every 3 months. So, let me know what you want to take... January would be good to open one... and it would allow you to get the holiday swap out of your house before anything came in...

Love it!!!

Just adding my 2 cents worth,
I really enjoyed Mazda'a Springtime Secert Sister this past year. Is it possible to do that again and uh, if Mazda doesnt want to host, well, uh, maybe....

Also, are we going to have a Color Swap again? It's my favorite and doesnt involve titles, which I am terrible at and at this time do not even want to try.
And if we are making a MAW book, I am always in for that.

I just wish someone could come here and teach me about my cricut because Im sure I would love it.
:hippie:

sounds like a fun swap....I can't do it though since I don't have the programs!

Susan,
All 4 are open, I just mentioned DHS as I just finished it, not that you needed to take it... You can take whichever one would make you happiest.. just trying to keep their sign ups every 3 months. So, let me know what you want to take... January would be good to open one... and it would allow you to get the holiday swap out of your house before anything came in...

THanks Nancy!

I'll do MK. Let's see...DH is due to ship out again in early January, so let's go with January 10th as the sign up, 830AM EST, open until Jan 12th. Due date March 12th -- is that enough time?

I am not sure what the requirements will be. I will think on that and get an interest thread going by tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter