2011 Swap Calendar

Okay, I looked at my calendar....wanted to give myself a couple weeks after we get back from WDW before sign-ups.

Sign-ups April 25th
Mail by May 31st ---is this enough time?? or too much?? can adjust if needed,
I will mail back by June 6th

I will do one group for disney and one general to start.....will you assign someone to be my hostess buddy or do I need to ask for one?

Thanks!

Okay, I looked at my calendar....wanted to give myself a couple weeks after we get back from WDW before sign-ups.

Sign-ups April 25th

I will do one group for disney and one general to start.....will you assign someone to be my hostess buddy or do I need to ask for one?

Thanks!

I can be your hostess buddy!

Rebecca

I think I will have the MK signups on 1/10, with a due date to me of of 3/31(Mail by 3/25). Do you think thats enough time?

Also, for the character swap, I think I'd like signups 5/10 and a date due to me of 7/29 (Mail by 7/22.)

With either one of these swaps I can keep an eye out during and if we need to extend the due date by a week or two....I'm flexible.

Looks great!! Please don't let any of these swaps get out of control.. if you think they are getting too much... we'll figure out a way to do other things later in the calendar.... ex. letters/ page swap/ park specific characters etc...

Any questions just yell!!!

Sign-ups April 25th

Thanks!

That is a perfect time frame for that swap! Rebecca has agreed to be your mentor..if you need anything, just PM me if you can't reach Rebecca! ;)

Looks great!! Please don't let any of these swaps get out of control.. if you think they are getting too much... we'll figure out a way to do other things later in the calendar.... ex. letters/ page swap/ park specific characters etc...

Any questions just yell!!!

Here I go with my 2 cents worth again!:goodvibes Since the MK and Character Swaps get so big (I've hostessed both of them), I would suggest that they be strictly elements and do the 2 inch words in a separate swap. Combining them gives you A LOT of groups and makes it a bear to swap out. On the Character Swap that just completed, it took me 2 full days to swap out. I did practically nothing else but swap out and package up the boxes on those 2 days. Also, in my experience, those 2 inch words take a lot longer to swap than elements. I'd already decided that if I was going to hostess the MK or Character Swap again, I'd not add the 2 inch words (or maybe just 1 or 2 groups).

That's just my opinion on things and wanted to throw it out there incase it might be helpful.:goodvibes

Sorry, I'm curious..... What is a swap and what is this all about. Maybe I will want to get into this.

Thanks

Sorry, I'm curious..... What is a swap and what is this all about. Maybe I will want to get into this.

Thanks

A swap is when we all do some scrapbooking elements (according to what we sign up for) and then mail them to a hostess who moves them around so people get things back from others (according to the way they signed up) and then mails them back to the participants. They are a really neat way to get lots of cool scrapbooking items. if you look at the swap gallery sticky you will see lots of examples.

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca!!! Should I touch base with you on this before we go to WDW or is there enough time after I get back (3/26-4/9)?

Thanks Rebecca!!! Should I touch base with you on this before we go to WDW or is there enough time after I get back (3/26-4/9)?

It depends on when you are ready to put things together. You will have enough time aftert you get back if you want to do it then.

Rebecca

Thanks

Here is the information on joining the swaps here on the boards...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2542961

This specific thread is the 2011 calendar in the beginning.. we are trying to iron out swap sign ups/due dates so that we don't have a bunch going on all at one time and instead are spread out throughout the year!

Anyone is welcome to join our swaps!

Here I go with my 2 cents worth again!:goodvibes Since the MK and Character Swaps get so big (I've hostessed both of them), I would suggest that they be strictly elements and do the 2 inch words in a separate swap. Combining them gives you A LOT of groups and makes it a bear to swap out. On the Character Swap that just completed, it took me 2 full days to swap out. I did practically nothing else but swap out and package up the boxes on those 2 days. Also, in my experience, those 2 inch words take a lot longer to swap than elements. I'd already decided that if I was going to hostess the MK or Character Swap again, I'd not add the 2 inch words (or maybe just 1 or 2 groups).

That's just my opinion on things and wanted to throw it out there incase it might be helpful.:goodvibes

I totally agree with you!!!! TOTALLY!!! I think the letters are great but they are becoming very hard to sort and there are infinite number of words we can all come up with.

I too would prefer as would BAMB as we have discussed this at length in the past few weeks see the 2" words separate. If there was a desire to have them in a specific swap they are VERY limited in the numbers.

That is why we are trying to do the 2" letters in their own swaps (rides/parks-icon/lands)... I do think that the character 2" letters need to be done separately....there are just so many options and no one hostess should have to take days and days to sort through a swap to return... We could break the 2" character names down in to parks if the need arises...

My swaps look great.
I would add a prima group in the embellishment swap, so we might not need another swap for them.
S :)

Ok since I got the go ahead for the DL/DCA swap I'm thinking June. And maybe a recipe swap if anyone wants to do one.

It depends on when you are ready to put things together. You will have enough time aftert you get back if you want to do it then.

Rebecca

I will probably get in touch with you a couple weeks before we leave just make sure I've got everything clear in my head and then finalize after we get back!!!
Thanks for being my swap hostess buddy!!

PN96--I would love to host a swap! If they have not been spoken for I would really like to do the 2 & 4 inch letter swap for characters (I'm having a hard time figuring out what is open & what has been taken). If that one has been taken perhaps you could suggest 1 or 2 that are still open.

Thanks, Cheryl :)

I think a prima group in the embellishment swap would generate just the right amount to top up my collection.....er....stash! :blush: :rotfl:

My swaps look great.
I would add a prima group in the embellishment swap, so we might not need another swap for them.
S :)

:)

Ok since I got the go ahead for the DL/DCA swap I'm thinking June. And maybe a recipe swap if anyone wants to do one.

I'll put you tentative for a June sign up!

PN96--I would love to host a swap! If they have not been spoken for I would really like to do the 2 & 4 inch letter swap for characters (I'm having a hard time figuring out what is open & what has been taken). If that one has been taken perhaps you could suggest 1 or 2 that are still open.

Thanks, Cheryl :)

let me talk to tyniknate and see if she was planning elements or 2"/4" letters and we will figure something out! Any that are still open would be good.... the older hostesses are great to help out the new hostesses... I'll get back to you as soon as I can talk w/ tyniknate.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter