2009 ~~ Project 365 Progress

Don't have many resolutions, but this is one. I'm going to try to do digital (wish me luck). My first three are taken and I've written the journaling - now to figure out how to do the rest.

I am in:

January:
Week1:
1/1- Hallie "ringing in" the New Year (until midnight) watching Travel Channel
1/2- Hallie and her daddy lying on the floor watching TV
1/3- a narcissus blooming in the yard - first flower of the year
1/4- screenshot of this entry to commemorate the pledge to participate
1/5- picture of how many pages I completed on one of Hallie's 2006 books - I was busy!!!
1/6- my desk at work when I returned after 13 days off (Back to Work)
1/7
Week 2:
Week3:
Week 4:
February:
March:
April:
May:
June:
July:
August:
Sept:
Oct:
Nov:
Dec:

I still want to try this, too, but would like to try doing it digitally for the first time. Maggie, your page looks great!! What digital package are you using? I need something fairly easy to use and to keep me going.

I have photos for the first 3 days.

thanks! I am using photoshop elements (version 5 maybe?) the template is from this site (and it's a free download) http://www.moriginalsblog.com/ I just saved it and tossed it into pse and started tossing pictures in. :) I like the fact that I can do this fast each day, figure that way I won't get behind (at least I can hope right? :) ) maggie

I'm in too! :hippie: I'll be starting my weeks on Mondays.

Week 1, starting 12/29: my DS sleeping in, screenshot of the confirmation email for a splurge I've put off for months, a bag of OTC meds and such, Times Square at midnight, my shined sink (a la FlyLady), Chinese take-out, a finished scrapbook ready to be sent off to its owner. Wow, week one is done!
Week 2, starting 1/5: my DS' giant "Twinkie" feet, a partial view of my collection of coffee mugs, my lost and then found (and returned) iPod, bare trees against the brilliant blue sky, the Empire State Building peeking out among other NYC skyscrapers, my DS playing computer games, my new iPhone
Week 3, starting 1/12: picking up my DS from school, the Salty Dog (a local bar and landmark), my DS with his suitcase leaving for a three day retreat, the "Miracle on the Hudson," my monotone shoes, IKEA directions, our old kitchen table
Week 4, starting 1/19: my friend (and builder) Where'sPiglet sitting at my newly built IKEA kitchen table, a window decal (and a smaller pic of President Obama giving his inaugural speech), a local house decorated with lights for Valentine's Day, homemade pizza, some of my binders, a screenshot of Jeff Dunham with Peanut and José Jalapeño (on a stick) and the order counter at Five Guys Burgers and Fries
Week 5, starting 1/26: my angel figurines; workmen repairing the water main break in front of my building; my DS when we went out to eat; a screenshot taken during my virtual cancer support group chat session, the mammogram machine; picture of the book, The Middle Place; a close-up of several bougainvillea plants (a memory pic)
Week 6, starting 2/2: a picture of the plane my DH was flying when we met; the Verrazano Narrows Bridge; a six-pack of "He-Brew" taken at the grocery store; snow-covered tennis courts; one of my fav houses in the neighborhood; Doctor Who and companions; the art installation at the Brooklyn Academy of Music's Cafe
Week 7, starting 2/9: my brand new WonderWash; an iPhone screenshot; my DS with one of his Lego creations; a DCL Mickey antenna topper; the vial of Xeloda; my DS in his night-vision goggles; my tea set
Week 8, starting 2/16
Week 9, starting 2/23

Here's a link to an online album.

Wow... here we are at Easter, and I'll confess: my life just isn't that interesting. How are you all managing to keep the momentum going? I don't get out that often due to my health, and there are only so many pictures I can take of my apartment... but I will try to do better going forward.

Hey Ok I'm hooked!!!
January
1: All about me "I'M GONNA BE 30!!!"
2: My Resolutions
3: My goals for the year, what I'd like to achieve.
4:My DD in the Rain
5:My routine at work
6:My new smile (dental appt getting my implant)
7:Eating my first burger in almost 2 years!!!
8:?
9:
10:
11:

January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

I 'm still going!!!

12/29-1/4 done
1/5-1/11 done
1/12-1/18 done
1/19-1/25 done
1/26-2/1 done
2/2-2/8 done
2/9-2/15 done
2/16-2/22 done
2/23-3/1 done
3/2-3/8 done

photosmile.gif

March
  • 3/9 We have mild weather here, for the whole week if you can believe the weather peoples.

I think my pic will be of the bulbs coming up, the wild violets, and going to look for a blooming crocus...
  • 3/10 Ring Mass
  • 3/11 Mine is of the water heater

And a small vertical one for a little pocket of the first crocus in my garden. Bloomed yesterday or today, because I went tooking for them on Monday and
  • 3/12 Hot Pink yarn, pattern, knitting needles
  • 3/13 1st robin of the season in my yard
  • 3/14
  • 3/15

3/16-3/22
3/23-3-29

April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Here we go!

January
1: Staircase without a banister, argh!
2: Sickie Owen
3: Sheep tea mug... mmmmmm.... tea
4: My "To Be Read" pile
5: Owen playing with EI teacher
6: Sharing food with stuffed Woof
7: zoom lens!
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

January 1-3 done
January 4-10 done
January 11-17 done
January 18-24 done
January 25-31 done

February 1-7 done
February 8-14 done
February 15-21 done
February 22-28 done

Week 1- Dec. 28-Jan. 3.... done
Week 2- Jan. 4- Jan. 10
Week 3- Jan. 11- Jan. 17
Week 4- Jan. 18- Jan. 24
Week 5- Jan. 25- Jan. 31

January edition!
100_1406-1-1.jpg

Jan 1: Twilight Zone marathon on Sci-Fi picture of the title (when I still couldn't see)
Jan 2: Picture of the Christmas tree before it disappeared (it got spared a little later, still couldn't see)
Jan 3: Roses brought by my roommates to make me feel better about my PRK surgery, bandage contacts were finally gone and could see much better
100_1409-1.jpg

Jan 4: Picture of a doll's hat I made way back when from a Knitting Nelly kit that I had received for Christmas. Found the kit again and started working.
Jan 5: The completed snake rolled up - not enough for a hat, so making a little placemat
Jan 6: Got a whole bunch of stuff from my roommate's mom - extra crafting things her sister sent her. Not that I need more to do!
Jan 7: No pic today, using the last card that I bought today at Hobby Lobby for thank you's - it's very pretty and I had one left. Meant to take a picture at dance - have to do that later.
Jan 8: The floor of my bedroom in my parent's house- which hasn't been seen in years. It had become a dumping ground, but we needed it clear for replacing a matress so I spent a good chunk of the day cleaning. Proud of the accomplishment, but still so much to do!
Jan 9: My roommates performing at an open mic night.
Jan 10: A tumbleweed on our front porch.
100_1483-1.jpg

Jan 11: Sunset out the top floor window.
Jan 12: Bunny tracks in the snow.
Jan 13: Sunset through my new sunglasses - much prettier that way
Jan 14: Christmas lights at the shopping center
Jan 15: Bracelet I just bought
Jan 16: Conducting symposium I was at today
Jan 17: The running shoes I bought in hopes of working my way to the half marathon next year
100_1478-1.jpg

Jan 18: A hilarious hygiene sign in the bathroom of the community college where the CSO practiced tonight
Jan 19: The music library, where I spend a lot of time
Jan 20: Stolen from the internet, a pic of Itzak Perlman and Yo Yo Ma playing at the inaguration
Jan 21: Crazy clouds at sunset
Jan 22: Sunrise out my bedroom window
Jan 23: Fog rolling in over the Cheyenne Mountains
Jan 24: Student artwork at the CSO concert - expressing West Side STory
100_2167-2.jpg

Jan 25: Penguin and sock monkey
Jan 26: Candle I bought today - smells good!
Jan 27: Pretty sunset light
Jan 28: Sunset clouds from the bridge into Windsor
Jan 29: Mom brought me roses today!
Jan 30: Painting party results
Jan 31: My roommates jammin'

I love looking at these! I hasn't motivated me to actually start, but I love looking. ;)

nicurn - I really had to :lmao: because I was wondering how long it would be before Target showed up in yours. ;)

Okay...it is 3 weeks into the year and I'm already 2 weeks behind. Like - I don't even have photos for the past two weeks. :scared:

I'm thinking that maybe I have too much going on right now for this, and if/when I do move, I'll just make a moving scrapbook instead of a 365 scrapbook. Of course, I COULD go back and post-date the photos. I've done nothing but paperwork for the past two weeks so I could just take photos of paper! :rotfl2:

Picture taking going pretty well -- though yesterday's picture turned out hideous!!!! (curse my child for deciding this week was "injury week"). I don't know what to do about it.

The journaling is going well, too. I am saving the picture each day and journaling in a Word document.

Then there's the digital scrapping. I cannot figure out how to do Photoshop - and usually I'm very good with computers. So, I sit here as I type looking at a digital photography book TRYING to figure this out. I cannot get any of the templates to work. AAARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I started a Project 365 last week .. I'm on day 8 .. I'm not scrapping anything from it, though. Not yet. I'm focusing on the pictures first. here's a link to my blog:

www.everydayinthelife.wordpress.com

Looking forward to getting ideas and inspiration!! :cool1:

I started January 1st & am doing a traditional scrapbook. I just printed out 2 weeks worth of photos and did my first 2 page layout for week 1. I think I like what I'm doing, we'll see after two months how I feel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter