2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...Tim and I will be on that cruise! We are doing the Feb 7th with the kids, my parents, his dad, and grandma, and then they all are going home and we doing the 4 night, just us! So I will see ya all on board! Tim will have a konk kooler with ya, but I really dont care for them!

Cool!! :cool1: If you don't care for KKs, there's more for me (and Tim!) :lmao: I guess we'll be seeing you soon!

Hi everyone! Checking in from DL GC - DVC has some work to do on the CMs working here - I'll go into detail after I check out - it was a bit of a chore to be able to check in today but on the good side - we got a dream!

Thanks Gail and Diana! He's doing a bit better after this weekend. It's sort of like the old person who can hear when they want to ;) lol he sees sometimes!

We do have him wearing one of Matt's long sleeve t shirts (had to make it a half shirt) as he ATE the ace bandage on his elbow off - can't wait to pooper scooper that :cool2:

Julie, it sounds like Chip is going through what Tony went through in the spring when we had him put down. Tony was healthy until we went on the member cruise last year and that's when we had the pet sitter who changed his food on him while we were gone. :eek: :sad2: We have no idea what she fed him but if I were to look back and put a time on when his behavior & health changed, I would say it was then. Tony slipped fast while we were in Hilton Head and we still feel we made the best decision for him, although it was and is still very hard.

I remember well how Karen reassured me that the decision we made was best for Tony. I hope that Chip has a much better experience. I never knew just how attached we all were to Tony until he wasn't here any more. In fact, just last night Cameron was talking about the sense of security he felt having Tony around at night when we were not here.

I don't see us with another dog for a while. We had a good one and I'm not so sure we'd be as lucky the second time around.

Diana, you'll have to have a couple of konk koolers for me on that cruise as well. I wonder what RCCL has in comparison. :idea: I think I'll find out next week as I will have charging priviledges. I'm not sure I can say the same for the other adult in our party. :rolleyes1

Mary have fun in California!

Diana, you'll have to have a couple of konk koolers for me on that cruise as well. I wonder what RCCL has in comparison. :idea: I think I'll find out next week as I will have charging priviledges. I'm not sure I can say the same for the other adult in our party. :rolleyes1

Mary have fun in California!

Let me introduce you to the Labadoozie! They will even add the plane fuel to top it off :rotfl:

Let me introduce you to the Labadoozie! They will even add the plane fuel to top it off :rotfl:

Okay, if you insist! :woohoo: :drinking1 :woohoo::drinking1:woohoo:

I guess I'll suck it up in the name of friendship and try at least one! ;)

party: party: party:

Gail, I can't believe we are sailing in just another couple of days. I'm glad to be spending Thanksgiving with you & your family, as this would have been a hard one for me without my sister here this year. I'm sure you feel the same without your Dad here too.

Who would have thought that this internet thing -- that I was so resistant to when it first started up -- would form friendships like this. Not only are we cruising together, but a lot of us have gotten together for other trips as well -- and I hope to do it again & again. We are very lucky & I wouldn't trade it for the world. :grouphug:

Tomorrow morning bright and early. Going down to New Orleans. We ordered a new fire engine and I get to do the final inspection
http://www.ferrarafire.com/apparatus/in_production/pages/3625/3625.html
This one, with all the equipment on it, cost just under $500,000.00

This will be another state off the list. After this I will be down to just 5 states left!

SQuid

Safe travels! Only 5 states left, sounds like it's time for another road trip. :idea:

Did anyone else get the little suitcase advertisement "Pack your bags for a complimentary vacation" from DVC today. Ours came addressed in Gary's name. :confused3 I guess after the issues I had with DVC at the end of the summer, they have crossed my name off our membership. :confused3

Funniest part is that Gary doesn't get involved in how the points all work and doing the everyday part of our membership. So if they are looking for him to add on, they are looking at the wrong person. :rotfl2:

Safe travels! Only 5 states left, sounds like it's time for another road trip. :idea:

Did anyone else get the little suitcase advertisement "Pack your bags for a complimentary vacation" from DVC today. Ours came addressed in Gary's name. :confused3 I guess after the issues I had with DVC at the end of the summer, they have crossed my name off our membership. :confused3

Funniest part is that Gary doesn't get involved in how the points all work and doing the everyday part of our membership. So if they are looking for him to add on, they are looking at the wrong person. :rotfl2:

We didn't get anything but I think after I ranted to our guide after SSMC06 we're definitely on the "don't bother" list. :lmao:

Steve---which states do you have left?

Tomorrow morning bright and early. Going down to New Orleans. We ordered a new fire engine and I get to do the final inspection
http://www.ferrarafire.com/apparatus/in_production/pages/3625/3625.html
This one, with all the equipment on it, cost just under $500,000.00

This will be another state off the list. After this I will be down to just 5 states left!

SQuid

So how do they get it up to Illinois? I'm guessing they won't let you drive it home after the inspection :drive:

Enjoy your trip down there!

We haven't gotten the suitcase thing. I did get a letter from my guide mentioning our upcoming trip and letting us know about the DVC meetings. This is a new guide we got when we bought our add on, before that we never heard from any of the guides we had other than a letter telling us we had a new guide.

No more add ons here, not even the OKW extension. Yeah right, I want to give DVC $4650 for something that can't even be used for 35 more years :confused:

We have not received anything like that. I did order a replacement member card and it came to Rich. I am the primary on the account and everything else comes to my attention. hmm very interesting.......

Julie,

I am so sorry to hear about Chip. My best friend from college had a cat with diabetes. He had to get shots daily too.
:grouphug:

Ok the local news is getting really bad here...... the language they keep using is unacceptable........ the four letter words are flying!!!!!:scared1:

I am so glad I am heading south for a week.....

and the words that they are using... S N O W:happytv:

Just getting caught up since I haven't been on in a few days.

Congrats to Curt...but you already heard that from me.

Julie - Sorry to hear Chips situation morphed and now he has problems with his vision. Matt is such a sweety to get them shots taken care of so you don't have to do it and get upset.

Gail & Cindy - I don't remember which day you guys were heading off for your trip but since I know it will be a few more days before I get on the boards again I want to wish you a safe and super fun trip!!

Steve - OOHHHH! A Nice new toy for the "boys". Have fun with the new Firetruck.

Diana - While the thought of moving to Florida is tempting it's not in the cards for us.

We did find a house we like and put an offer in so now whe are just waiting to hear if it was accepted or if they are making a counter offer. So I'm in limbo at the moment I guess.

Ok the local news is getting really bad here...... the language they keep using is unacceptable........ the four letter words are flying!!!!!:scared1:

I am so glad I am heading south for a week.....

and the words that they are using... S N O W:happytv:

We've had 2 days in the 60's and tomorrow it's suppose to turn pretty cold. The high tonight is suppose to be just above freezing and I think the high tomorrow is 40. Hey Diana, remember those temps???

We are leaving tomorrow afternoon - Deanna has a 1/2 day, so we'll pick her up from school and head to the airport. Can't wait to meet up with Cindy & gang on Saturday at the Port. We booked this cruise just about 1 year ago - I can't believe it's finally here.

Thanksgiving will be in Grand Cayman this year, what a way to spend the holiday :goodvibes

We'll make sure Gary isn't buying drinks for the whole beach this trip - someone has to keep that guy out of trouble :laughing:

Erin - have a nice trip!

We've had 2 days in the 60's and tomorrow it's suppose to turn pretty cold. The high tonight is suppose to be just above freezing and I think the high tomorrow is 40. Hey Diana, remember those temps???

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: Nope. This Floridian has blocked those cold temps from her memory! :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Have a great trip guys.

Stacy---good luck with the house!! :wizard:

We did find a house we like and put an offer in so now whe are just waiting to hear if it was accepted or if they are making a counter offer. So I'm in limbo at the moment I guess.

pixiedust: Stacy! I hope the offer is accepted! pixiedust:

#1mouse said:
We are leaving tomorrow afternoon - Deanna has a 1/2 day, so we'll pick her up from school and head to the airport. Can't wait to meet up with Cindy & gang on Saturday at the Port. We booked this cruise just about 1 year ago - I can't believe it's finally here.

I can't believe it is here already. :dance3: Where has this year gone??? We are ready. And, best yet, get this. Our first cruise, we took so much luggage and Mark & Mary took home most of the items we received as gifts. This cruise? We have 2 suitcases right now. We'll probably end up with 4 as we're thinking of putting the garmet bag inside a suitcase to make it easier to carry. But, we went from 9 the first cruise for a 4 night, to 4 this cruise for a 7 night. I'm thinking we have learned a trick or two along the way -- I wonder where? ;) We leave Saturday morning and head out to the Port to meet up with Gail & John. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter